Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51440 10/27/04 07:33 PM
OP Offline

Okay, this part of SFQ is a real stickler for me, and I would really appreciate any advice on the subject.

A little background: Some twenty-five years ago I was deeply into daily meditation and enjoying the whole process immensely when unexpectedly I had a very terrifying experience during one of the meditations.

At that time I "encountered" (what felt like) an extremely Evil "entity"/darkness so horrifyingly real that I literally could not break free of it! All I could do during this was to pray, and then (metaphorically speaking) it was as if a light came between it and myself which allowed me to finally break free. The whole experience was terrifying to the core! I couldn't make myself step back into my "meditation room" again for several weeks following that experience.

SFQ asks that meditations be done but I am extremely hesitant to do so. Any suggestions about how should I deal with the meditation part of SFQ?

Thanks,
Lynn-Marie

#51441 10/27/04 07:54 PM

In your story you prayed and a light came to protect you. Well in SFQ, we start all of our meditation with the password (phrase) and an inviting of your master's energy. In your case you master's would most likely be the light (or source of the light) that came to your aid. It is always there for you to call upon.

So in SFQ you spend all of your meditation time in this presence, guidance, protection, healing energy.

Sometimes my whole meditation is just doing the opening part and being in the presence as deeply as I can.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51442 10/27/04 08:15 PM

Hi Lynn-Marie,
Just proceed with your meditations.
- I remember once, having an experience in meditation that totally freaked me out in the same way you mention. I was being held up by this awful looking creature, defenseless, and this thing was about to take a big bite out of my private parts! It was so powerful, and I was so freaked and defenseless. I thought I had run into satan or some evil spirit. My teacher at this time, was very powerful, and could see what I saw. The funny thing, was that he told me, this creature was me. A part of me, not so pretty to confront.
I have learned two things... One, I am still here despite my meditation encounters with scarey stuff. Two: "Always", the troops come if you call for help. The light/lights come. This is a great thing to experience. Having said prayers, within a situation like this, and seeing light come to help you. I have found this to be consistent, although, you don't look for these types of experiences, or anticipate them. You stay in the present, always, and use your relationship with the master's energy, going into meditation, as Iam2 posted. You have all the power you need, at any time. In general, this is not ordinarily part of one's meditative experience, so again, don't anticipate this because of a past experience.
I would start with very focused meditation , like small universe. Smile and bring in light and positive intention from the start. No fears..
love,
gallen

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved