Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

I am starting to think that these two words mean the opposite of each other.
When Master Lin says to 'say in the mind with great conviction' when healing, does one 'believe' it will clear the blockage or should one 'know' it will clear the blockage.
I am coming round to the 'know' as having tried the 'believe' and not being entirely successful I think one has to really know from your own experience that it is true. BUT
How do you get to there from here?
Does anyone have any suggestions? I welcome your help.
Love and Light
Faune

Very good question, Faune! I don't know if my comments will be of any help, but this is similar to something I've been struggling with also. Someone earlier implied that in order for SFQ to work a person has to believe it works (unless I totally misunderstood what they meant). This makes no sense to me at all...IMO either SFQ (eventually) works, or it doesn't, independent of the person's belief system.

An individual might *want to believe and yet not be able to (at least not in the beginning). The same with "knowing". Perhaps the "knowing and the belief" come with time and positive experiences in Qigong? If so, this would indicate that a person doesn't *have* to believe (or know) at first, but merely continue working with it to see if positive things eventually do occur.

I'm very new at SFQ as well so in order to deal with the 'to believe or not' dilemma, I finally decided to just forget about it, keep practicing and hope that good things will occur. If they do, then great; if not, then at least I've met a lot of interesting and nice people along the way.

Lynn-Marie

My experience with knowing and believing is that knowing (to me) seems to be more of a feeling in the body; a sense. Believing is (again to me) on the mental level. When I struggle with believing in the mind, I can drop down to the body and feel supported because the body has experienced (knows) that SFQ is real.

Nice question.

First, I'll share a couples of statements that summary of an idea stated by someone else. Para-phrasing T. Harv Ekker he said, You don't know anything until you've experience it. Arnold Patent said that everything you see is a reflection of your own beliefs.

Here's my take on the beleif and knowledge questions. Belief is not a binary concept. It's not an I believe or I don't believe situation. Ideas gain greater and greater acceptance or loose acceptance. It not just dependent on your experiences; it's also dependent your other beliefs and power they have. The power in a belief is partially a result of your experience and partially derived by the importance of the belief to you.

When a belief has attained the level of knowing, it has travelled to the extreme of acceptance. Somethings seem to come into our knowing, and bypassing the journey along the belief spectrum. This is only a sign of you're giving the idea your maximal level of acceptance.

Of course something that was once consider part of the known can be move down that spectrum of belief.

-----------

For you practice adopting an openness to see what happens enable's the idea to gain some acceptance. Where it goes from there is anyones guess, since we are each have a different set of belief and have had and will have different experiences.

The idea that if you adopt at least an openess and practice SFQ as Master Lin instructs then you will have experiences that will support the belief in qi and your ability to heal.

The idea that you ability to work with, to shape, to direct, qi is dependent on your confidence in your ability is not unique to SFQ. Or is it. Since everything is qi, just in different states, then believing you can can ride a bike well and safely makes it easier to do so. Having confidence that you can swim makes it easier for you to relax and to actually swim. Believing you can understand something makes it easier to learn it. Having confidence in your abilities increases your chances of success in everything, not just SFQ. Um, but everything is qi.

Okay, I'm rambling a bit, and my ideas may be a bit scattered but you'll get a taste of what I feel, or is that believe.

-----------

The objectiveness of the universe, or the idea that you have to believe in SFQ for it to work.

That isn't quite the way it works. My beliefs are not the only ones in the universe. My beliefs are more powerful within myself than outside of myself (or is that a limiting belief I'm trapped within). So the ability of SFQ to achieve a desire results says that the results are in the direction of the sum of all beliefs and the qi directed by those beliefs. SFQ teaches how to direct more qi and more effective healling qi.

Now to wander a little more away from SFQ, my apologies in advance. If I release a ball it falls. Why?

If "I" believe it would rise instead, but it doesn't. Does that mean belief doesn't affect the physical world? Or does it say that I could not cause the ball to rise by believing it would, in the manner I did?

If everyone believed the ball would rise, would it? Does non-living matter have beliefs?

Qi is energy. Qi is information. Everything is energy. Everything is qi. How is it I am living when all of my parts are just an inanimate as the ball? Do I have any stronger beliefs than the ball? My beliefs can change; can the balls beliefs? Qi can be transfrom from one form to another. Qi is information. I can direct the change of qi from one form to another. Can I change the information of a ball into a form where it will rise?

------------------

Sorry, for opening the can of worms. This forum is to help you with your work with SFQ. I just want to share some of my thoughts, or daydreams, or is that qi.

If you do not believe now, keep an open mind and see how you develop. If you close your mind it will not change.

In sports what separates a good performer from a very good performer isn't the ability to do something, it's the ability to consistently do something. Master Lin has said the difference between a beginner and a Master is the confidence in the results they will bring about. NLP studies have shown that modelling can improve an athletes performance. Is it process, is it confidence or is it qi.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks everyone for your insights. They all help to clarify my own thoughts.
A couple of statements I have come across are quite good in defining the difference.
If you 'believe' that something is true, it is because you do not yet 'know' it to be true. Conversely, if you 'know' something to be true, you are no longer in a state of wondering whether to 'believe' it or not.

To 'believe' is to accept another's truth
To 'know' is your own creation.
Love and Light
Faune

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved