Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#51536 12/01/04 01:03 PM

Nacho, RoyalC130 is correct. The active meditations is the best thing you can do for your overall physical health in SFQ. You can use the other techniques to work on specific problems like cold sores.

Small Universe and Self Concentration are very good meditations, but it's hard to believe you are maintaining a positive attitude. It doesn't come across in your posts. What I sense is anger and fear, although you've stated that you've lost the ability to create emotion from thought a while ago. I understand it may feel like you don't have control, and no you can't control everything. That's one of the reasons that Faith is one of the six keys to success in SFQ. It is also important to be calling on master(s) for whom you Have Great respect. Respect for what they are, what they represent, what they can do, and for SFQ I think for how they care about you.

Please put yourself into the Weekend healing sessions. Distance is not an issue for Qi.

I won't try and explain the feelings you're going through. It may take time for energy blockages to move. For some people the clear quickly, for others it takes multiple sessions, and others still need SFQ and other modalities. Have you considered other modalities to help your SFQ work.

Now the last bit I want to share is from the Abundance for Life course. It's the Feelings Exercise. You can find enough information on the forum to understand it. It has several levels, but the basic form of the meditation is all you really need.

I was about to say what I found, but it's best to just do it and follow the instructions of not labelling the feelings and not judging them. This is close to the idea of not letting you conscious mind get in the way of your SFQ experience, but it's desire to categories and claim it understands everything.

The Feeling Exercise doesn't have you move energy, it just has you exploring what you are feeling and then appreciating the gift of the feeling (This is where labelling will get in your way). If you label or judge any feeling you will have difficulty. It's wasn't easy for me, but I was pleased when things finally happened. When I came through this experience (not successfully the first few times) I could look apon all feelings (energy) and gifts, dispite my old and sometimes negative labels.

Because of this Fear is one of my best friends. I'm still working on making anger a good friend.

Nacho, remember to be Kind, Loving, and Forgiving of yourself and everything in your world. Try and merge with the peace and love of the universe as you start SFQ, but don't judge or label the experience or your percieved level of accomplishment. You are experiencing what you need to experience, and following SFQ will help you to completely heal.

You Are Perfection.
Iam2

#51537 12/05/04 02:42 AM

Nacho.....Here's a possible explanation for you to examine.........In life we are often the effect of COUNTER INTENTION, COUNTER THOUGHT........by that I mean an opposing
idea to yours.

People around you might be expressing their counter ideas to you, and you're being affected by it.

Consider this: thought is powerful. And when someone tosses a thought into the world, it sticks, it moves, it alters behavior, it can alter health.

And if someone is even hinting, or mildly suggesting a COUNTER THOUGHT, it will affect you. It could shut you down, so to speak.

Now the most important COUNTER THOUGHT to look for is that expressed by a SP.
(suppressive person).

SPs exist all over society. They crush good ideas. They make you feel worthless.
They shrink your abilities. They cause
all sorts of weaknesses, and many times we don't detect their presence.

An SP might be your cousin, your neighbor, your boss, your motherin law, your golfing buddy.........

So, do some serious study and you just might find the answer to your question.

Best of luck.

#51538 12/06/04 03:06 AM

Nacho;

I take it that your point is that you are dealing with "feelings" that come up during SFQ practise and they are strong enough to distract you from practising the active exercises.

As Iam2 pointed out maybe using the Abundance For Life "Feel the Feeling" or the Sedona Method to release these feelings so you can get on with SFQ Practise is good advice.

You also mentioned only working on areas that there is no tension, which is a viable choice. As you work on this area where there is no resistance make an effort to have it grow into other areas of your body and your life.

When you look any kind of therapy, say you had a terrible experience and suffered some damage. You have nightmares or whatever, the situation is hopeless right now. But as you release these feelings it somehow becomes a "nothing" in fact it may become a real blessing. So what changed? The history of the event didn't change, only your feeling or attitude towards the event changed and you are back in control, you're a happening dude or dudette.

If you can just witness the feeling when it comes up during practise and don't resist it, it generally will just let go.

I also recommend the saturday noon SFQ healing meditation.

Jeff

#51539 12/07/04 08:35 PM
Nacho Offline OP
OP Offline

Thankyou all for your advice, and comments. If I can get time I'd like to respond to everyone's posts, as well as present another problem I've discovered from practicing Small Universe. Later.

`Matt

#51540 12/07/04 09:21 PM
Nacho Offline OP
OP Offline

Okay, I'm going to be honest, and say something that might not make any sense, but I'm going to say it anyway. I trully believe Master Lin's Small Universe meditation has helped me bring out a part of myself that I've been longing for for years. The part of me that can deal with situations quick and logically, read a person's thoughts through their words and gestures, and present goals and dreams that can actually be met through much work and perserverance (which this part of me can also provide). However, and this is the weird part, I believe that Master Lin's meditation has also brought out the part of a me that I've been trying to ignore for many years now. The part of me that prevents me from seeing humor in obviously humorous situations, the part of me that deplores inner honesty, that doesn't like feelings of happiness or love, and the part of me that I've never been able to explain since it came to my being three+ years ago. Every second I spend writing this I feel myself slipping into the coma like state I've been in for about a year and a half now, where both sides of myself are ignored so I can finally relax on a physical level. Hear me, I don't want to relax if it means becoming unnaware of my life, and my surroundings, and so I continue to keep the anxiety that comes with the awareness until I find someway to rid myself of it. However, lately that task has grown much more complicated. I cannot sleep with this anxiety, and when the time comes to do Small Universe I become so tired that I cannot go longer than a minute without falling out of consciousness.

I'm not sure what these healing sessions are you speak of, but if there's a possibility they will help please sign me up.

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited December 07, 2004).]

#51541 12/08/04 01:48 AM

Nacho, the weekly healing sessions are the distance group healings. Check out the Dated thread topic on the SFQ Discussion Board. It is usually posted by Shawn.

If you are doing your SFQ, it will help you. You may experience some transition periods but it part of reaching a final goal.

If you check the www.springforestqigong.com site you will find a way to arrange phone healings with Master Lin.

Work on your relaxed and positive mental attitude while doing your SFQ. Consider more traditional aid help your healing process.

You are perfection.
Iam2

P.S. review the SFQ material. There is more to SFQ than just the meditation. The meditations are just one element in a healthy life practice.

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited December 07, 2004).]

#51542 12/08/04 04:15 AM

Matt;

You are again talking about feelings that come up during practise. You are resisting the the feeling you don't want which makes it worse. When you resist the feeling you don't want it also shuts down your ability to feel the good feelings as well.

There are alot of way to deal with feelings that come up. By just witnessing them coming up and welcoming them you can let them pass through you and be gone. There is Sedona Method, There is Abundance for Life, and there is just working on "Acceptance" of the feeling. Once you just accept the feeling the way it is it changes and generally leaves. When you internally struggle with the feelings you don't want it only becomes worse.

If you just work at loving it unconditionally no matter what it is, you accept it and don't resist it anymore, it tends to evaporate and I believe this is following SFQ practise.

This is a skill set you can develope to deal with emotional issues that come up in SFQ practise or life in general.

Jeff

#51543 12/11/04 10:10 PM
Nacho Offline OP
OP Offline

"You are again talking about feelings that come up during practise."

No, I'm talking about feelings that come up because of practice and stay there until I stop meditating on a daily basis.

"You are resisting the the feeling you don't want which makes it worse. When you resist the feeling you don't want it also shuts down your ability to feel the good feelings as well."

I can't resist something I can't even control. Unless you meant to say I dislike those feelings, in which case I would ask you would expand your reasoning.

"There are alot of way to deal with feelings that come up. By just witnessing them coming up and welcoming them you can let them pass through you and be gone."

Three ****ing days without sleep. I witnessed, and welcomed, and then I couldn't continue to meditating because of it.

"There is Sedona Method, There is Abundance for Life, and there is just working on "Acceptance" of the feeling."

For Christ's sake, this isn't a bad mood swing I'm talking about, I couldn't sleep. I accepted the fact that I couldn't sleep as a sign that I was changing, and guess what, it didn't help.

"Once you just accept the feeling the way it is it changes and generally leaves."

Not this time.

"When you internally struggle with the feelings you don't want it only becomes worse."

I lie down, I close my eyes, I don't sleep. I don't see where the internal struggles are happening here. I try to rest, and I can't. I stay up, accepting that my mind cannot rest, and I'm a zombie the next morning. I'm tired, which means I don't have the time, or energy to struggle with it, and yet it still comes. I stop meditating, and it goes away, but now my mental, and spiritual growth have stunted, now what?

#51544 12/12/04 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nacho:

I lie down, I close my eyes, I don't sleep. I don't see where the internal struggles are happening here. I try to rest, and I can't. I stay up, accepting that my mind cannot rest, and I'm a zombie the next morning. I'm tired, which means I don't have the time, or energy to struggle with it, and yet it still comes. I stop meditating, and it goes away, but now my mental, and spiritual growth have stunted, now what?

I went through a period of insomnia a number
of years ago. Besides therapy and meditation,
I couldn't allow myself to go to sleep. Lying
down did no good; my mind was always racing.
My therapist couldn't help me other than to
say that it would eventually end; and it
did. It took about three or four weeks. It
was a scary time.

I had started down a spiritual path and there
was no turning back. The only way out was to go
further in. I had to ride what was happening.

quote:

I trully believe Master Lin's Small Universe meditation has helped me bring out a part of myself that I've been longing for for years. The part of me that can deal with situations quick and logically, read a person's thoughts through their words and gestures, and present goals and dreams that can actually be met through much work and perserverance (which this part of me can also provide). However, and this is the weird part, I believe that Master Lin's meditation has also brought out the part of a me that I've been trying to ignore for many years now. The part of me that prevents me from seeing humor in obviously humorous situations, the part of me that deplores inner honesty, that doesn't like feelings of happiness or love, and the part of me that I've never been able to explain since it came to my being three+ years ago.

If you can get it, read the book:
The Dark Side of The Light Chasers
by Debbie Ford. It's in paperback.

She describes what you are going through
and how to deal with it. I wish I had had
a book like that years ago.

I, as others have, encourage you to
continue the active exercises as much
as you can. Eventually you will be
able to return to the other meditations.

Gianni

#51545 12/12/04 05:45 PM

Dear Nacho
positivity is the only way to achieve a free mind. The easiest way to think positively is NOT to think negatively. If your problems can't be solved at once then, after peaceful logical consideration, shelve them until a solution can be found. Don't make them worse by churning them over in your mind.
Remember it is YOUR mind and you are in control of it - NOBODY ELSE.
Try this - allow yourself 5 minutes and 5 minutes only, each day to think negatively, then put all these thoughts aside and start
to take control of your emotions and thoughts.
You can change the way you think. try to give yourself a break from thinking about anything negative. If you fail don't dwell on your failure, have another go, and again ,and again until positivity becomes part of you.
You might also be trying too hard, sometimes doing meditation or exercises with too much effort, or worrying about the length of time spent or even aiming for a practise at a certain time can sometimes have the opposite effect and your energy closes in on itself instead of expanding outwards.
Try just daydreaming - let yourself relax - don't try to be spiritual or anything else - give yourself a break, walk or sit outside , look at the trees or at the sky. The LESS effort you put into it will make it more effective.
Be kind to yourself.

On a final note - if you can't sort those cold sores buy a bottle of pure Clove Oil and dab a drop on the sores. It's cheap and it works as clove oil is an great anti virus.
Love and light
Faune

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved