Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51579 11/26/04 02:44 AM
OP Offline

I have been practicing Spring Forest Qigong (the level one exercises) for a few months straight now. I own the Level 1 and Level 2 home study courses for LSC.

It has greatly helped my physical condition. However, I am still struggling to release a kind of addition I have. Its not an addiction to drugs, and I would prefer not to go into specifics on the forum. However I am able to go sometimes even a whole month and then one day out of the blue I will be struggling against it. It does not make any logical sense I should be able to get over this problem easily, but I have not been successful yet. I have tried many other healing approaches and nothing has worked. Spring Forest Qigong is the first thing I have found that has real results. I think I am closer than I ever have been to getting over this addition but I have not quite gotten through it yet.

So anyway is there anything that anyone knows that can help me through this? Has Master Chunyi Lin mentioned anything that might help me?

I am sorry for the somewhat vague description provided above. I deeply appreciate any information that anyone can share with me.

#51580 11/26/04 02:37 PM

RoyalC130, while I've tried to master SFQ I discovered two real keys. First to master SFQ (or anything) all I must really do is master myself. By master myself I mean to follow the path I Know is right. That means to always make the correct choice for me.

Knowing exactly which choice is the correct one for me, it's always easy. Especially when you are being tempted. Those are the times when your judgement may be misbalanced, those are the times you need a compass.

This self mastery is probably equally valuable or even more valuable to me than the all the benefits of connecting with the universe. The great thing is that it's not any either or proposition. By following SFQ I get them both, and they both spill over into my whole life.

So I often turn to SFQ for my compass, especially during those tempation periods. Remembering to be Kind, Loving and Forgiving to Everyone, even myself; especially myself.

Nice words I know, but not always easy to follow. The "knowing what to do" is almost always easier that the "doing what you know". A couple of things I have done, is to remember those three words. Often that is enough. Sometimes, I can see and hear Master Lin smiling at me and gently guiding me. Other times I will connect with the emptiness and then I find it easier to follow the path I know is correct. The last thing I've done is to sit down and analyse my temptations and figure out exactly what I want or believe I need from this action. Then I try to figure out how I can have what I really believe I need and still follow the path I know is correct. This last one, has taken me several attempts and recraftings but it has helped me deal with my greatest temptation.

Now the second key I learned is I will not have total master of my self. I am in a human experience, to experience my imperfections too. That doesn't give me an excuse to follow the path I know is incorrect, but I helps me Forgive myself and return to the correct path. I also find that the more time I spend on the correct path the easier it is to stay on it.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved