Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51601 11/30/04 08:25 PM
OP Offline

What else can sword fingers (or thunder palms) be used for outside of what is mentioned in the level 2 materials? Just someone the other day mentioned that sword fingers can be used for bug bites. Then right after that someone mentioned to me that they had an accident with picking up a hot plate and they said they did something (I was busy at the time so I don’t exactly remember what) and the damage was much less than what it would have been. So my mind was not really open to the possibilities… I was just wondering if people could suggest any other uses for the sword fingers / thunder palms.

I know that it is described for sword fingers that you draw energy into your body from all over your body. How do people imagine / feel this? For instance I have an easier time drawing in energy from a spot or two like the top of my head or the bottom of my feet. I just feel like I have a hard time imagining drawing energy from everywhere.

Also when you draw in the energy from all over you body should you put it in the lower dantien and then run it up to the sword fingers or just run energy from all over your body directly into the sword fingers?

#51602 12/01/04 01:52 PM

Sword Fingers and Thunder Palms are just two powerfull techniques for directing energy through your body. Each route supports energy of a different timber (quality). How you direct this energy and to what purpose is only limited by your imagination.

My experience of drawing in energy is coloured by my experience in Breathing the Universe. I like to stay with this exercise until I feel energy from my entire body being drawn to my lower dan tien with each inhale. Often I can only feel it a single location as I do the exercise, then my mind goes to another location until I can feel it then another and another. Then I expand my awareness until I can feel two places drawning in and directing energy to my lower dan tien, at a time. Then I add more and more. After about three or four specific places I just try and become aware of my entire body drawing in energy. It works for me. The heat of exhale unneeded energy is really powerful for me.

I don't always do the above sometimes I just relax and try the whole body. If I have difficulties, I go to the method above.

And if I don't have the whole body experience, well then the next time I will or the time after that. I had the experience I was supposed to have. I just remain confident that the energy was moving as my conscious mind directed, eventhough I didn't sense it the way I had in the past.

Doing the conscious work without expectation of what you should be feeling, while being confident that the results you want will be achieved .... faith. Stay with it and enjoy where you're going.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51603 12/01/04 08:00 PM

I just had a realization about feeling the energy not to long ago. You can control your feelings and how you want to feel about something. Your hands have a direct connection to your energy centers and so you really don't need to focus on the energy coming from them.

Although you could use a accupuncture book as a reference for a basic guide to how energy moves through the body.

As far as feeling the energy, you can attach whatever feeling you like to collecting and discharging the energy. You can do this by attaching feelings that you already have or asking others what are their positive feelings, read a book,etc and mentally attach those positive healing feelings to the the energy. Some people start with a sexual feeling and build from there to a feeling of complete bliss when the energy is moving.

You just attach the feeling to the energy.

I originally learned sword fingers as a self defense art. To cut your opponents energy and it is very powerful. It depends on how you focus your mind when using it. Using it as a Healer is much more powerful than as a self defense move, if for no other reason than to be able to heal yourself after being cut to ribbons by someone else.

Jeff

#51604 12/01/04 11:02 PM
OP Offline

Iam2 I really like your methodology of bringing in energy to your body. My next question is when you are doing sword fingers/thunder palms, do you just focus on your fingers/palm or do you try and draw energy from somewhere in your body to emit?

#51605 12/02/04 12:51 AM

In the level II active exercises you rout the universal energy from your middle dan tien (heart) through your sword fingers and thunder palms. This is something I personally like since I have a stronger feeling when working with the middle dan tien than the lower dan tien.

Now as a qualifier on that I suspect that I often don't get my lower dan tien position quite right. On several occaisions, starting with longer meditations, I have found myself visualizing energy deeper behind my navel. At these times I have had very powerful feelings. Now I'm not sure if it's just my positioning or something to do with the level III meditations.

Back to topic. I like to use Master Lin's phrasing for using sword fingers and thunder palms. Somthing like "I send energy from my heart through my sword fingers to break up the energy blockage" or "I ask the universal energy to travel from my heart center through my thunder palms and enter this water so that it will heal my XXX". I like this verbal combination with the visual, because I allows me to acknowledge that I am just the conduit. Because it make me consciously focus my desires for healing and create a message with the image of energy moving.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved