Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51643 12/12/04 07:08 PM
SamPLaT Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi:
I have been chronically ill for over 10 years. I practiced SFQ previously but had to stop due to overstimulation. I did another form of qigong that helped but I am back because I enjoyed SFQ and have a different perspective on qigong. Also, I found a good healthcare practitioner (finally) who is helping. Physically, my digestion is weak, and due and liver problems (in TCM) my nervous system is quite reactive to many things.
So I am looking for advice on which might be the best movement(s) for digestion and to support liver and therefore the nervous system without creating overstimulation. Also, how long to practice each day (I think less is better right now) and how to build up both timewise and with which movements.
I don't know if SFQ will help or not but I would appreciate ideas. Maybe for a lift, is there a testimonial page of what people are curing using SFQ?
Thanks
Sam

#51644 12/13/04 02:21 PM

Hi SamPLaT
I am relatively new to SFQ so my knowledge and experience are limited. I know that you will get recommendations and wisdom from others on this forum that will far exceed anything I can offer - it has been their encouragement that has kept me going through some difficult times. I just have a couple of things to share - I too, have been chronically ill for several years - my problems/symptoms seem to roam from one part of my body to another. A key problem for me is a really sensitive nervous system so I felt for you as I read your post. I tried Holosync for a year, but became so sensitive to it (resulted in headaches and muscle pain) that I had to give it up. Shortly thereafter I found SFQ and embraced it with much enthusiasm because it appealed to a spiritual side of me that I had been ignoring. I jumped into it too fast, too intensely and forgot that the whole point is to relax - and developed a dizzy, off-centred feeling. And so I cut back and began again more slowly. After about 10 weeks I have just recently worked back up to 50 min. in the a.m. and sometimes 1hr in the p.m. and my body seems happy with this now.
In summary, in retrospect, if I were to do this over again, I would start with just the Small Universe in the p.m. for a week or so and then add 10 min. of Active Ex. in the a.m. and build that up slowly (maybe add 5 min. each week). I truly believe that our bodies will tell us what it can handle if we really listen.
Hope this helps. As I said there are others who will have much deeper experience to share with you. This forum is such a source of love and wisdom.
Take care!
Etoile

#51645 12/13/04 03:29 PM
SamPLaT Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Etoile:
I can't even do Small Universe at present as that stimulates as well. I have a strange interaction between adrenals, liver and pancreas and doing that throws my blood sugar.
I should add I also have at times severe anxiety and some panic issues.
Sam

#51646 12/13/04 10:30 PM

SamPLaT
""I can't even do Small Universe at present as that stimulates as well. I have a strange interaction between adrenals, liver and pancreas and doing that throws my blood sugar.
I should add I also have at times severe anxiety and some panic issues.
Sam""

In answer to this might I suggest Self Consentration (other side of your tape)?

Also I occasionally I have anxiety attacks (usually when I'm driving and a young blond is close with a cellphone pluged into her ear). Anyhow I chant Master Lin's chant "ONG
MA LEE BAE MAE HONG". It has wonderful powers and I use it often for it's wonderful tranquilizing effect.

Justcappy

#51647 12/14/04 02:33 AM

Hi SamPlat! I find doing "joining of yin/yang" to be beneficial to my nervous system, giving it a sense of protection. I also add a few minutes of one or two exercises throughout the day feels good, and implements the morning hour session. I get spacey when doing small universe,so I started moving my hands to the areas of the body as well as my mind, and that helps ground me. Best of luck.

#51648 12/14/04 02:45 PM

I have no specific advice for your conditions. Like justcappy I thought of the self-concentration meditations as a gentler meditation for you. The opening is especially useful for your organs. You are also free to use the emptiness time however you what to direct your thoughts / qi.

As for progressing with your practice, when you have trouble doing long meditations. Well meditation is just one aspect of SFQ. Nutrition, rest, exercise and mental attitude are other elements in SFQ that you use to support your body and create balance and flow of qi in your life.

I find myself straightening my spine during the day. I can feeling the improvement immediately. This is one of those things that surprises me. Since before SFQ and meditation, sitting or standing straight was more uncomfortable than slouching. With my changed state of awareness, I become more relaxed and freer when I adopt a good posture.

I have the same experience when I adopt a good mental posture. One of Love, Kindness and Caring for myself and others.

These little redirections along the correct path make my experience of life so much nicer.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51649 12/14/04 04:56 PM

Hi Sam,

I too had some ten plus years of a chronic condition. It is quite hard to retrain yourself to carry out the all aspects of SFQ.
However your idea of less is more is probably the best for you at this time.

If you feel your problems are too much or too many then just confine yourself to asking for the Masters help - hands with palms up and fingers spread, then ask for help for whatever you need.

As far as I can gather there is a huge network of energy (and superior minds) who will answer your request.

Don't struggle, take it a tiny step at a time
Remember there is a world of help and if you ask for help you will receive it.

Love & light
Faune

#51650 02/21/05 05:50 PM

to ..justcappy
I have never heard of that chant .you say it is powerful....is it a vibration chant..and when do you use it?

#51651 02/22/05 02:15 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

It can be used at any time/purpose. I have it lightly playing in iSaiah's room constantly and Chuyni has it running in his office at home.

More information about it is avaiblible in his Born a Healer book.

Check in with me in about four months, as Master Lin is developing his own version of this Chant on CD.

Much Love,

Shawn

#51652 02/23/05 11:28 AM

Hi Shawn
I use the chant in my office most days as well as at home. I sometimes use it to meditate with as well.

It's terrific to hear that Master Lin is developing his own version - I was at the retreat and one of the many many powerful moments for me was when we were chanting while Master Lin said that absolutely amazing prayer. It would be fantastic if that were at all a combination Master Lin was able to consider in the development of his version. Please let us know how we'll know when it's available - I will certainly be in line for several copies.
Much love to all and keep up the fantastic work that you and Darcie both do with SFQ.
Desley

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved