Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
frances Offline OP
OP Offline

Does the mind wandering during practice affect the quality/quantity of universal energy coming in? Just wondering because my illness seems to be getting worse instead of better and I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong.

Frances,
Someone will respond with a better answer
than this one, but I don't want to leave
you dangling without some response.

My experience with SFQ is that my mind wanders
all the time. Some moments are special and
I am really into what I am doing, but others
are like being on auto-pilot.
Chunyi Lin talks about the practice being
good, better, best. It is always good to
do it; there is always good.

My hip and knee are painful. When I first
started SFQ the pain left after about two
or three days and I began walking better.
The pain then returned, but differently.
Over the past year it is better, but still
there. Recently, I have been able to walk
better than ever, sometimes without any pain.

Standing is sometimes difficult. I find that
if I do a couple of rounds of seven steps
that the pain almost disappears.

I can't know your situation. You can do the
exercises sitting or lying down. Would that
make a difference? What does your doctor
say about your condition getting worse?

You might try mixing up the exercises to
see the effect. See which ones leave you
feeling better.

The weekend is here and others will be
checking in who have more experience than
I do.

Gianni

Excellent reply Gianni. How could a reply be better if it come from a place of caring?

frances it is a matter of good, better, best. Yes the quality and quantity of your thoughts will influence the progression along good, better, best. However, it is more important to come from a place of Love, Kindness and Caring. Then to form your thoughts with positive and confident thoughts.

Your mind may wander, but it will wander less as your practice improves and grows. Remember to focus on the health and not the ailment. Start a meditation, if a clear objective. It could be a request for help with a problem. It could be seeing yourself (or someone else) free of the problem. Then forget it. Release it to the universe to guide the energy towards your needs as you immerse yourself in the meditation.

Start in the right place, set your course, and have faith and confidence it will be achieved. That is one of the places you Master can help.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Martha,
Sometimes I find that when my mind wanders it is 'part' of the process! The mind has an important part in any change process, this includes physical. The things coming through your mind may need to be dealt with and you don't even know it. Another layer removed and more progress made.

Frances, when your mind wanders, where does it go?

No, I'm not being facetious. I'm trying to point out that SFQG is so very healing, that it might be than when your mind takes off on these little "trips" perhaps it might be part of the process. When it wanders, does it take you places you need to go? Do you learn something you need to learn?

Many years ago I learned Transcendental Meditation. It involves use of a mantra, but my instructions were also that when stray thoughts arise (and it was certain they would at times), that it was best to (1) acknowledge them and (2) then dismiss them gently. Sort of like "Ok, I see you. Now I am returning to my practice." It works well with other practices, including SFQG.

However, I often find that when these "stray thoughts" drift by, there might be a reason of some sort, some part of my life that needs attention. When I'm done with my practice, I check it out, and if necessary, take action.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved