Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51867 03/16/05 01:43 PM
OP Offline

Hello, I am very interested in Qigong and I have tried it a few times from a tape from Bill Douglas. I have some life issuses that I need to finally get under control and start living right! I am thinking about getting the Spring Forest Qigong level 1 course. Do you all find that this is a good way to get into Qigong?

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Chaztrip,

That's an interesting question to pose to this Forum.

If you look over the past posts you'll find people have results, questions, and support with the Spring Forest Qigong home study course and this Forum.

The course is set up for many learning styles and Master Lin keeps things simple yet powerful -definitely a plus for a new comer to qigong.

Of course you'll find that members of this Forum may drift and get into some heady or technical discourses, but when all is said and done it comes down to Love, kindness, and forgiveness.

Much Love, Shawn

I won't speak for all of us, but I find that SFQ has everything I need. I've made the choice to use it throughout my life. It is a guide I constantly refer to as I travel the path of self-mastery.

SFQ was my first introduction into Qigong, however I've done some other reading since learning SFQ. I have found some additional knowledge in the other material, but little if any enlightenment on the fundamentals. I will say that the fundamentals are in the other systems, but I find them harder to discern amongst the exhaustive instructions.

Just last night, I was going through a book I picked up at a used book sale. It was title Kung Fu and Meditations. Well it's really just a bunch of proverbs to meditate over. Following a system similar to the 108 moves fo Tai Ji, that I've only heard about.Just to share some of this recent knowledge (para-phrasing).

No one is enlightened, some are more enlightened and some less.

The more you know, the more you need to unlearn.

I recommend SFQ to many of my friends; three of who have borrowed some of my materials. I never push, since each persons path and needs are unique and only they are best able to judge what is right for them.

Would I recommend it to you. I recommend it my friends, I'll do no less for you. Yes, SFQ is well worth your time. Master Lin says that a person should follow a system that they feel is correct for them. He also says that if you wish to advance in qigong you should follow a single system until your have made significant progress, before you follow others. He does not say that his system is the one you should follow.

Now how do you know which system is BEST for you, without trying them all. Well my understanding is that there are over 2000 systems, so you're not likely to try them all. My mathematical side says how do you know what definition of BEST is BEST for you(It's okay if you don't get that). My recommendation is that try a system and if it feel right for you, then stay with it until you've developed your abilities and then you are better equipped to navigate your own path. If SFQ or the system(s) you tried don't feel right, then keep looking.

You will find your way correctly, you are being guide well, but you must stop thinking and start walking or else you will remain where you are.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Hey where'd you come from Shawn.

You are perfection, and sneeky.
Iam2

P.S. I spotted you the PR super charge video... what happened to the hair?

OP Offline

Thanks for the reply!!!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Iam2,

Hmmm...I haven't checked out the PR Supercharger yet. No doubt they shot some footage the day my stylist, makeup artist, manicurist, and personal massuse got stuck in traffic.

5 more months until your snow melts up there?

Much Love and humor, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited March 21, 2005).]

you mean it does??

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved