Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52097 05/23/05 03:44 PM
OP Offline

Hello,

Do any of you have any idea about Ceragem therapy bed? If you look at detailed info about how it works, you'll find they use a combination of Chiropractics, Spinal Massaging and Moxibustion with heated Jade that stimulates Qi movement. It is a Korean company that came up with the bed (there are other copiers too). They are patented in lots of countries including US and offer free service where you can go & use the bed anytime (just stay on line). I have seen a lot of improvement in my dad's health, who has a severe spinal injury (dislocated disks) and broken foot. I have also seen people getting better by a continuous usage of the bed.

Below is their website URL: http://www.ceragem.com/principles.asp

I'd like some thoughts of people who understand or know or used this bed for a period of time. I'd like to understand how if the Qi stimulated by the bed is different than Qi stimulated by practicing SFQ.

I do have the bed home, but I shamefully have to admit that I do not use it on a regular basis. But it feels really good when I do. It puts me to sleep - or I should say in a meditating (maybe) state. I don't feel the jade balls moving up & down my spine & neck. My uncle, who came from overseas and used it for a 4 week period mostly 3 times a day had some significant improvement. He had been suffering from very high diabetes, high blood pressure, and other things. The doctors were pretty amazed to see the results and didn't quite understand what happened.

Any thoughts would be helpful. The primary difference I can see is that in SFQ, you'll have to actively practice, and in Ceragem, you'll have to make an effort to lie down for 45 (by default) minutes.

#52098 05/24/05 05:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DesertSphinx:
I'd like to understand how if the Qi stimulated by the bed is different than Qi stimulated by practicing SFQ.

Practicing is not the only way to get benefits. You can lie down passively and get acupuncture work done or have a qigong healer work on you. See a video of a qigong healer at work at http://www.exn.ca/video/?video=exn20031001-qigong.asx
for an example.

#52099 05/26/05 06:27 PM
OP Offline

This video link doesn't play.

#52100 07/24/05 07:09 PM

At the center I am using Ceragem, "Back to Chi", they had a series of lecture by a Chi Kung master about this topic.

This master, who also owns a Ceragem bed, talked about how the bed opens up the channels and enhances his Chi Kung practice.

He also mentioned that sometimes doing the Ceragem bed was like doing a good chi kung practice. Also, sometimes studens have problem cultivating their chi, because of structural problems, which the Ceragem helps alleviate.

If you want more information, you can perhaps contact the Ceragem Center, Back to Chi http://www.BacktoChi.com and ask them for it.

Peace,
--Promteh

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited July 25, 2005).]

#52101 07/26/05 04:53 PM
OP Offline

Hi Promteh,

Thanks for your link. I have seen their main site but this one seems to be doing more things on the side. Yes I do like the bed but as I'm learning more about SFQ (I'll receive my course any day now - getting ready for October retreat), I'm beginning to believe that SFQ is a lot more powerful than the passive bed itself. You can focus/control/heal with SFQ and what may take ceragem bed a few months to do (by regular use), SFQ can probably do that with in weeks. I'll definitely have a much better understanding after the course.

If a person cannot do SFQ (I don't know if there are restrictions of physical conditions - my dad has a broken foot & spinal injury, so he can't stand with bent knees), by all means I do recommend the bed.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved