Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#52195 06/21/05 06:36 AM
Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

Aloha all.

I recently received my Level I packet of SFQ. I ordered this program because of all the great stuff I was reading here. And today, I just wanted to share my experience. The first day I tried following the active exercises on the DVD, I really enjoyed the active exercies....I was surprised I could keep up...and I felt really centered the rest of the day.

Then, the next day I did the sitting meditations: Small Universe and Self Concentration. WOW!! What an experience. I went deep. I loved it. I went so deep my mind couldn't focus well enough to go through the body parts...I would do the inhale and the exhale and then couldn't remember which area I had just done and where I needed to move the energy...so I just relaxed and let the engergy move through me.....the second time I did Small Universe I did better and was able to remain conscious during more of the meditation...although I was somewhere else by the end. The somewhere else was wonderful...and I was back and able to do the ending when the time came.

I tried to tell one of my friends about this but it was clear she thought I was in lala land...so I wanted to share here.

I would love to hear other peoples first experiences if any of ya'll are willing to share....

Thanks in advance
Nickie

Aloha Nickie,

So, you are in La-La Land. Isn’t it an unusual experience at first?
That special place of your own experience of the first step going into emptiness is your.
Call it anything, it is still great to experience it when you can relax and just following the instructions.

I have to correct my standing posture when I first start SFQ. After that, it became more enjoyable to me. My first noticeable good experience was feeling the blockage opened It happened not too long after the practice started. One day I am sitting on the couch; I just realize there is a blockage opened somewhere around my leg. I do feel better all over after that. I just feel it like something started to flow through. Not that I realize there is any blockage there.

Keep up your good work !

Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Bluebird for sharing your experiences!! I am so excited I found this program.

Blessings
Nickie

RRN Offline

Just got Level 1 yesterday and completed the active exercise, then later the sitting meditation(self-Concentration). I started meditating a month or more ago and I get the same feeling with SFQ... I LOVE IT!!!

Maybe my experiences of learning to meditate helped a little. The active exercises are totally new to me... but still good. Looking forward to more experiences.

What should I expect as I progress? A week, 2 weeks...

My journey begins...

Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

RRN

I am about three weeks into this practice now...and I continue to love it and I continue to have new experiences with it. One day I was doing the Small Universe sitting meditation and I felt like my third eye burst open and all these stars floated down around me....it was a neat experience. Another time I felt like my throat chraka opened up...no floating stars on that one.

I do Centerpointe's Holosync too and I find myself going deeper and deeper with SFQ each time I do the sitting meditation. I think the Small Universe and the Self Concentration take me deeper than Holosync although I don't plan to give up Holosync because I feel they compliment each other.

I get up early on Saturday mornings so I can join the group mediation too. It is 7:00am here in Hawaii..when it is noon in Minnesota....but I just wake up early and am ready by 7. It is actually easier to get up on Saturday's to do the group meditation than any other day of the week.

I have been trying to hold an inner smile on the inside of myself all day long too....and I know people outside me are feeling it because of the responses I get from people.

I am so glad I took the risk to order this program. Last summer I received a promo CD from Centerpointe about SFQ and I looked at it and tried to run it in my computer and it wouldn't run and I looked at the little booklet that came with it and it didn't interest me at all...so I tossed ot all in the trash. Then, this year I ordered the paraliminals and enjoyed using them and loved reading the posts on this forum so much that I decided to order the demo CD for SFQ. I got the same CD and booklet that I received last summer and the CD ran in my computer...(same computer) and the booklet made sense and was intriguing to me....Funny how much difference a year makes in ones life. I guess I was not ready at this time last year...now I am having a powerful time with SFQ. When I find myself sitting at a red light with lots of traffic I practice the Breathing of the Universe in my mind ....I find I can sit patiently for a long time playing in my mind. The other night I was having trouble sleeping so I started doing the moving of Yin and Yang in my mind and soon I was asleep. All of these experiences are so wonderful to me.

I am glad you are enjoying your experiences.... I hope you continue to post and share how things are going for you.

Many blessings
Nickie

It is really nice to know your experience. I'll get my CD/DVD hopefully next week. Nickie, you will be attending the retreat in October, right? I believe I read some other post by you. In that case, I'll see you there. I'll post my experience once I go through the exercises.

Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

DesertSphinx

I signed up for the retreat. I was really nervous to do so because I am so new at SFQ and I was afraid others would be much more experienced and I would end up looking stupid or something. I asked questions on this forum and then emailed Pete who graciously emailed me back and forth. I talked to friends who think I am crazy to go to Minnesota not knowing anyone and spend a week at something I am new at. However, my inner voice just wouldnt let go of the wanting to go until I signed up. Now I feel really peaceful about signing up and I think that having signed up has helped my motivation to do SFQ. I say this not because it is really hard for me, but sometimes I tend to get too busy in life and things like SFQ might get bumped to the back burner and it would be easy to think.."well, I could just do that tomorrow..." Instead, I am making SFQ a daily practice at this time, and I find myself being proud of myself for the committment and the follow thru. I sometimes start new things that I am excited about and then suddenly I drop them or find life gets in the way and I don't keep making time for them. I am starting to recognize that is one of the ways I sabotage myself and limit my own growth.

I am glad you are attending the retreat. I am looking forward to meeting and being around people who practice SFQ and talking about it with folks who understand it. This forum has been great for me in that respect. I will look forward to reading your experiences as you get started with SFQ!

Blessings
Nickie

RRN Offline

Nickie,
Thanks so much for your reply. i took a leap of faith too and feel great about it. I will send a little more time with it before a seminar in MN. I live in MS and will look forward to a spring seminar.

Thanks

Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

RRN

Do you live in Mississippi? I lived in Oxford Mississippi for 5 or 6 years from 19889 to 1993. I was a grad student at Ole Miss. Was an interesting place to live.

Blessings
Nickie

Hi Nickie,

Yeah, I was a bit unsure about it too. I met with the LSC staff in Feb and they are really nice. I practiced SFQ with the class from 7-8 am without knowing anything about the subject but I loved the experience. I initially didn't think I'd sign up for SFQ but in the end I somehow did - I think in May. I'll look forward to meeting you and others in October. What did you study in grad school? I'm in NY, studied Computer Sc.

Mashhur

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved