Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52343 07/21/05 02:56 AM
OP Offline

During the practice of level 2 exercises does one ...

1. Always keep the tongue against the roof of the mouth?

2. Chant OM during all four exercies while maintaining tongue contact to the roof of mouth?

3. Is is absolutely necessary to vocalize the OM or can one just subvocalize it internally?

Love Light and OM

Michael

#52344 07/21/05 11:56 AM

Michael, you don't have to say it out loud. Now Master Lin says that a beginner (like me) can say it out loud. As you practice more and deeper you can say it in your heart. He doesn't say subvocalize; eg. in your head.

I like vibrations that are setup in my chest and heart when I say the ohm. When I do it out loud I place my tongue on the roof of my mouth when I inhale. I do the same thing when cycling (moderately) and breathing the universal energy at the same time. I do it along nice safe bike paths and eyes open.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#52345 09/08/05 01:32 AM

With level 2 exercises do I...

Follow along with the progression of light/energy ask it goes thru to the end of the universe or do I visualize myself viewing it from where I stand?

Thanks,
CithShy

#52346 09/08/05 09:36 AM

When I send energy I try and clearly state my request, then I visualize what I think it would look like.

Something like, "Universe please channel your energy into my heart and through my sword fingers to clear the blockages in my daughter's ear so that is healthy and feels no pain", or "Master Lin please send your energy to join with mine so that we can help my son's spine be fully open and completely straitht".

I don't make the request with every breath or visualization. Usually just at the start. I will also make statements like " I send energy from my heart through my palm to my daughters lower dan tien."

I feel the first couple of request deepens my connection with the emptiness and make the energy I send more likely to be accepted by the people I try to help. The last type of statement helps to direct energy to what purpose I would like fulfilled. To me the are steps from good to better and best.

Always express some form of gratitude for what you have recieved while doing your qigong. During this I like to acknowledge my gratitude for being the conduit of others' energy for the purpose it was used. In a level II type exercise, it is more making me a better conduit so that I can help myself and others.

To be a little clearer, CityShy I ask that the energy come into my heart and collect their and then out through my SF or TP to the ends of the universe. Then I do the visualization for incoming and outgoing energy, from the perspective of myself, standing there. I do imaging I can see it going through the walls, hills, sky ... to the end of the universe. I try to visualize the very powerful flows of love energy.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#52347 09/24/05 02:48 AM

I can understand saying OM on the EXHALE as recommended in practicing Level 2 active exercises, but I am having a problem saying OM out loud on the INHALE as recommended in Small Universe. How can one verbalize while inhaling??? How is that done? (kind of like singing and swallowing at the same time, I can't do that either...please advise.) Thanks. Peace & Love, RoSpinner

#52348 09/25/05 01:20 AM

Dear RoSpinner,

I wondered about that too, how to sing OM and inhale at the same time! This is when I was learning to do the Small Universe meditation. But I just kept doing the exercise along with the tape. It took me awhile to learn the sequence on that one. By the time I finally had it, I found I could do it without the tape, and it was easy to imagine the master's voice, singing OM, and MO.

For me, it is as Iam2 says, you say OM in your heart.

Best wishes,
Anita

#52349 09/26/05 05:13 AM

Actually it's Mwah in the heart.

You are perfection.
Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited September 25, 2005).]

#52350 09/26/05 12:32 AM

Hey, IAM2, I didn't know you cared!... Just a joke, gang. It was good to meet you last summer at the retreat. It's nice to keep up by reading these posts.

I went to Level 4 recently, and it was great, but I do feel I still have much to learn on Levels 1, 2 and 3! For me, particularly with detecting. Thanks for your great suggestions on that in the other post. You recommended not rushing, but taking time, and really paying attention to my hand, and being alert to other messages I might get. I'm going to do that.

My message to folks who might read this is: we are all at a certain level, but we are always learning more. It's good to go ahead, but also good to review, and see how much more you can learn, things that were missed the first couple times through the program.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved