Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52486 08/09/05 12:12 AM
OP Offline

I'm currently working and going to school, so I have limited time to devote to SFQ. I've been practicing each morning for about 15-20 minutes, and so far I've been shortening the amount of time for each exercise.

Is it better to do this or limit the number of exercises per session and do each exercise for longer?

Thanks
Mark

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha swingkid,

Limit the number of exercises. One or two in that 15-20 minute time is good. It give ou a chance to go a little deeper than constantly alternating to fit them all in.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Thanks Shawn. Are you in Hawaii?

I have kind of an interesting story behind this. I was practicing a speech for a speech class and was trying to get the time under six minutes. However, I couldn't seem to get the time under seven minutes. I was getting kinda stressed when it hit me, "Why don't I practice qigong for a while to calm down a bit?" I had been very inconsistent with my practice due to time constraints.

I did a very abbreviated set of SFQ - like I did the whole first level active set in like ten to fifteen minutes including finishing. I felt much better. The next time I went through my speech, it took like five minutes. I was amazed. Somehow I was able operate so much more efficently that I was able to cut two minutes off.

After this experience, I don't have as much doubt that even a little practice is beneficial. I guess I should move from good to what master lin calls better and best, but I think with time that will come. It seems that the more convinced I am about the benefits of SFQ, the more time I'm willing to invest in its practice.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Ufda swingkid (There's a Minnesota reference for you),

Not in body at this moment - jeffdenger is our Forum's keynote Hawaii participant.

I'm just there in spirit until I get that bilocation thing fiigured out.

Thank you for saring your speech experience.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved