Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#52510 08/18/05 06:52 PM

For what it is worth, I once had it explained to me that all behavior can be see as either a call for help or an extension of love. It became much easier for me to deal with others when I began to truly believe that. I was also taught that when I see another person's "Call for Help" it is really my own as "projection makes perception." I now try to remember that when I am tempted to judge another I practice sending the other person love and forgive them for their behavior but then also (and more importantly) forgive myself for projecting my stuff on them. Seems to work--some of the time. As for saying No to someone, I believe we should never compromise ourself and what we do with words is not nearly as important as what we do on the level of the mind.

#52511 08/19/05 04:31 PM
OP Offline

Thank you all for your replies. I now have some new games to play!

Regarding dealing with others with unconditional love, kindness and forgiveness, I recommend checking out www.radicalforgiveness.com. Radical Forgiveness has you look at others from a whole different point of view, somewhat similar to what Claire was describing.

#52512 11/29/05 01:49 AM
OP Offline

Update...

I had the pleasure of attending the level 2 retreat a few weeks ago. I posed this question of what to do when my spine slumps to Master Lin. He said not to worry about it too much, and that if I notice that my spine has slumped to straighten by drawing my chin back. He even demonstrated the chin tuck for me. He then said that when I build my kidney energy my spine will stay straight all the time, not just during meditation, and without any effort on my part.

Since the retreat I have been going back over the level 1 material. I have noticed that Master Lin does not say to straighten the spine AND draw the chin back, he says to draw the chin back TO straighten the spine. I have been playing with this and find that drawing my chin back does indeed cause my spine to straighten all the way down to my lower back. While this still takes some effort from my back muscles, it is easier than what I was doing before, which was to straighten my spine from the bottom up, then draw the chin back to straigten the last bit at the top. I still have to watch the pelvic tilt separately though.

My two cents. Hope someone finds this useful.

#52513 11/29/05 11:41 PM

I did. Thanks!

Also, the comments about projection reminded me of a saying I heard years ago: Did you ever notice that when you point a finger at someone else, you're pointing three back at yourself?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved