Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52517 08/17/05 12:08 PM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

I just thought I'd share a little, since in the past there have been several post discussing balance during this exercise, and because I like to share my experiences.

A couple / few weeks ago I noticed I was doing the Seven Steps of New Life with my eyes closed. "Wow", I thought, and immediately started having trouble with my balance. Well I've stuck with it and let the movement suffer at times, but wobbling and putting my foot down but I've noted a few things have when things just go right.

The first is that of a straight and tall spine. I've a great improvement in my balance just by correcting my back and head position. I think I try to look at my feet, even with my eyes closed.

The second thing is that over where my mental focus is. I find that my balance is much better if I keep my mental focus on moving the energy and not on my physical self.

In both cases when I make the corrections the difference is like the difference between driving on an old road and a freshly paved one. The noise goes and away and the ride is silky smooth.

It's nice to have things happen that I'll interpret as moving from good to better to best.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#52518 08/18/05 05:23 AM

Thanks Iam2 for sharing your experiences. I find that I learn so much from you and others here who share their experiences. It also helps me feel connected to a community with regards to Qigong which in turn keeps it fresh in my mind and action.

Blessings
Nickie

#52519 08/17/05 07:04 PM

Hello Iam2,
Good to hear from you. Thanks, as Nickie said, for sharing.
I had an operation on one foot and found the 'seven steps' daunting and was always falling over! Eventually one day - about 8 months into SFQ I found myself doing the balance without thinking about it. I found if you think too hard sometimes it works against you. Breathe, pull up the spine from the top of the head and as the Nike advert says 'just do it' Generally now I manage OK. As another thread I have been trying Holosync AP and after 4 months no appreciable difference. I think like you, SFQ is the one for me as I notice changes and feel so much more aware in all areas when I practise it.
Thanks again for your insights
Love and light
Faune

#52520 08/17/05 07:54 PM

Iam2,

Yes, thanks for sharing.

I too find it difficult with the Seven Steps of New Life and Balance when lying down!

I will try your corrections to see if they help, which coming from a Scientist is bound to.

Love and Light

Michael

#52521 08/17/05 08:18 PM

Thanks Iam2 and other for your thoughts on this matter. When I was doing the 7 steps with Master Lin (on DVD), and concentrating how his hands/feet moved, I had no problem at all doing the steps. But looks like yesterday when I was doing that on my own, I kept putting the other foot down half way to prevent falling. I was wondering what happened this time.

#52522 08/18/05 07:31 PM

As with anything in life, the more one does, the better one gets.

My intent is to keep my eyes closed until I have this balance issue licked.

In the interim, I'd love to get myself on a video camera, I'm sure I'd get a great laugh!

Love and Light,

Michael

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved