Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Thanks everyone for sharing your retreat experience!

Michael,
"At some point your legs will go extremely numb, ...." After the mediation, do you have any problem standing up?
"The energy channel opens and the discomfort disappears" ; I wonder how different is "energy channel opens " while you still crossing your legs than getting the feeling back after feeling numb. Maybe hard to describe the difference but sure like to hear it if you have any thought on that.

Sometime when we sit with a leg cross in a position for a long time, the leg will get numb and lost feeling. We are unable to have the balance to stand up until the circulation is back. I would be concern about the sitting position at that instance. It seems like that is some form we would want to go through during deep meditation.
Any insights/comments from anyone with experience in that area?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Bluebird,

I'm not understanding your question, but I'll put my initial response out there.

There are many things one can do when finishing the sitting meditation and their leg/s are numb.

One is to do the breathing through all the cells of your body, feeling the energy come in, especially in that leg, and the numbing will subside faster.

Another is massaging the big toe of that leg.

I don't know if this answers your question. If not, someone else will either "get it" and chime in, or you could clarify it for me.

P.S. Everyone: Be sure to take advantage of the search function of this Forum when you have questions. The non-use of feet during the 7 Steps of New Life has been addressed earlier.

Check out Harmony of the Universe, MickT, and if you don't get what your needed. Post you specific question and we'll handle it.

Much Love, Shawn

Aloha Shawn,

I was thinking; normally, we would not want to have numbness in legs or arms.
I saw one colleague almost fell down because he stood up without realizing his leg has lost "feelings"/numb because he sat in one position and crossed his leg for a long time. It took him longer than a few minutes to get back to a normal walking pattern. Maybe it would help if he had massage his leg then.

From Michael's experience, it just seems like a "good" thing to have and then to experience the energy channel opened.
Guess I might have just answer my own point, not everyone will experience numbness in the legs while sitting in full lotus. We might just feel other channel open.

Happy to find out the power of those BIG toes!

During the Retreat, the only leg whose energy channel opened was the right leg. The left leg was still numb.

I could easily stand on the right leg whose energy channel had opened. The left leg posed more of a problem.

So imagine this, trying to lift yourself upright with only one leg!

Once both leg channel open, no matter how long you meditate, you can easily stand up.

Love and Light

Michael

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved