Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52720 10/28/05 04:22 AM
OP Offline

What are the similarities and the differences between yoga and chi gong?

#52721 10/31/05 03:59 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha fritz10000000,

Boy is this a "can of worms" - only because not all qigong systems have the same focus.

Some focus on personal healing, some healing for others, some longevity, some psychic/extrasensory abilities, etc.

From my limited scope of knowledge, yogic traditions can be fairly different in approach but similar in focus.

The following link seems an adequate answer to your question via a quick google search, but it is a generalized "how to put all these worms in a can in 500 words or less for my newsletter" -type of article.

Let me preface that this article doesn't mention that in certain qigong systems like Spring Forest, the student also learns to detect and remove blockages in others and how to send qi to assist in healing the body, mind and spirit.

Another thing to note is the articles warning against learning from a book or video. Some books, videos and systems may be very complicated or a regurgitation of what the author has been taught by one or many teachers, and not have the skills and depth of understanding to create a safe and effective home study program.

This is one of Chunyi's strengths developed from spending years doing the healings, long meditation, and exercises daily, study, research, and working with thousands of clients and students.

He makes things simple, yet powerful.

He emphasizes keeping things in a good, better, best focus, rather than being in our head worrying if what we're doing is right or helping or possibly hurting ourselves. Another piece is that purchacers of his home study course have free phone coaching available through Learingn Strategies.

Enjoy the article. Like I said, it's pretty good for a quick google search.
http://www.tatnews.org/common/print.asp?id=1973

Much Love and happy Halloween,

Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited November 02, 2005).]

#52722 11/01/05 04:44 PM

It is a nice document shawn. Below is the non-print version URL: http://www.tatnews.org/emagazine/1973.asp

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved