Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Nacho Offline OP
OP Offline

A weird question, I'm sure, but its confused me and I'm sure it will confuse some of you too. A couple days ago I attended a 30 minute healing session at Master Lin's healing center. I went through the routine of talking and healing with one of Master Lin's American assistants before being healed by Master Lin himself. Now, I've been practicing Spring Forest Qigong for some time now and I'd say I've become pretty sensitive of my body's own energy workings. I can tell you for a fact that during Master Lin's 15 minutes of healing exercises the layout for a coldsoar formed. I felt the coldsoar energy (which is a very distinct energy) pop onto my lip about halfway through, and without failure 18 hours later a coldsoar appeared in that exact spot. Now 60 hours later the coldsoar is still here , still growing, and I can still feel its distinct energy. What I don't understand is why it was during a healing session with Master freaking Lin that this coldsoar decided to form. I mean, its just so odd. The whole point of seeing him is to balance the energy in my body, and yet somehow during this process a coldsoar formed. Is this a signal that my energy couldn't/wouldn't/won't balance, or is it something else entirely? I hadn't gotten a single coldsoar (this year) prior to that visit, and they're weren't any distinct changes in my diet, the weather, or my emotional state close to that event either.

I know some of the people here are extremely knowledgable of this subject so I'll just wait for your responses. Thanks for your time.

Matt

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited December 11, 2005).]

I would think that the cold sore is actually a clearing and some excess energy leaving the body. In other words, it is a healing that is occuring and a letting go of "stuff" that shouldn't be there.

HL Offline

Mat,

I'm no expert in Qigong but I think your setting yourself up. I don't know you so I don't know what's going on in your life, but you seem to be having a very strong reaction to a very common occurance. Try, 'thanks Master Lin for making me aware of the sharp angry energy occurning outside of my awareness and manifesting on the physical level'. I bet that with a little time and patience you'll see that you got infinitly more healing than you bargained for. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Nacho Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, you know it'll actually take quite a bit of waiting to see what good, if any, came out of that visit. Moments after leaving his office I had an escalating amount of anxiety and depressing feelings enter my body throughout the next 24 hours which eventually caused me to conjure up beliefs that everything qigong related I had worked towards during the last two years had been flushed down the toilet, and I even began to humor ideas of commiting suicide since I seem to be unable to find any happiness in my life , or if I do it gets taken away from me creating very great pain.

Eh... but we'll see what happens.

Hi Nacho:

What you are describing sounds to me like you may have picked up a stray bit of negative energy from someone (possibly non-physical) that may have been in the vicinity of your healing (not necessarily in the same room at exactly the same time - because I'm sure Master Lin would have recognized that). When you are receiving energy healings, sometimes you are still very "open" for quite some time coming out of those sessions.

My suggestion to you would be to remain calm, refuse to entertain negative thoughts concerning your abilities (2 years of Qigong has probably taught you much!), and provide yourself with strong positive affirmations while doing some lighter Qigong exercise and meditation. Also, consider that the cold-sore is just energy, like everything else - so at this stage of your training, it shouldn't be a huge step to figure out how to draw the energy off of it.

I'm thinking also that IF you've had anything that has been a shock to your system lately, this could be contributing to your anxiety. If you have the Anxiety paraliminal, use it.

Please keep us posted so we can help you through this.

Cheers!
Unis

Aloha Nacho;

You must know that Master Lin breaks up energy blockages and when the energy begins to move again you can experience things like you descibe. As the energy channels fill up and balance these things clear up.

Anytime you go into deep meditation you can experience such things when the energy blockages open up. I have experienced it in doing traditional meditation, in using Holosync and I did have something similiar from the last SFQ retreat. Two spots on my back opened up and were weeping dark blood for weeks. I thought it was great because I knew I was going through a cleansing,
although it had it's drawbacks at work. When it cleared up I felt completely different.

You seem to be looking at this as a great inconvenience, yet many people who know Master Lin would be looking at it as a great opportunity or a great gift.

I know it is irritating to go through this but when it does clear up I trust you will feel much more positive about it.

Jeff

Nacho Offline OP
OP Offline

Eh, the coldsoar isn't what's bugging me out though. Like I said in my opening comments, I was mostly curious as to why this was happening. The greatest inconvenience happened right after I left his office when a STUNNING amount of anxiety, among other unwelcome feelings, rose into my being and continued to escalate for quite some time.

Unis, the only problem I have with your explanation is that Master Lin teaches that there are no negative energies. This is a discomforting belief though because if he didn't I'd be asking him to search my entire being, family, and living quarters for dark energies since I've had a distinct feeling one's been following me around since 11th grade (that was about 4 or 5 years ago) not to mention some intense visuals of unfriendly individuals surrounding me. So in all honesty, I'd love (LOVE) to believe that a negative energy was responsible for my feelings, but at the same time I can't deny the power of Master Lin and his exercises so its hard to believe he wouldn't know what he's talking about. (My situation sucks basically)

As far as "positive comments" go, I just cannot bring myself to do that anymore. I'm past trying to see a current situation in a better/different light - its not helpful. I'll hope for a great future, and not dwell on the past, but trying to interpret the present as something its not only hinders my awareness of the situation and my progress in meditation. Boosting the ego is all it seems to do, but at the same time this torment is becoming too much for me to bare. My heart feels like its getting tortured, and if I can't confide in my heart for protection then there's nowhere left for me to turn... I babbling though.

Also, since I'm in a typative mood, try to wrap this visualization I just experienced around your heads: A long dagger comes out of my heart as I start to experience a body spazm. It cuts deep into my left forearm with much intensity, and almost no skill. It then cuts open my chest in the same style. This daggers takes out of my chest what I believe is my heart, puts it into my exposed left forearm and then stitches my arm up. It then stitches my chest up as well. The visualization ends, and there is no more torment in my heart, there is no relaxation either, there is nothing. Try to imagine what my left arm felt like.

Ahem, before I make this too long (too late) I should point out that during the past two qigong exercises I've done in the past 3 days the aim of my body (not me) has been to get my heart into a relaxing, helpful mood. Each time I succeed in doing this, but shortly after the exercise end my heart goes right back to feeling tormented. As I type my chest feels like I just ran a mile and half, despite the fact that just 20 minutes ago I was feeling very relaxed in a level 2 exercise.

Ok, well, I'm not going to go back and read all of that so I hope I got out whatever point I was trying to make. Thanks for your responses, I will be waiting to here from you.

-Matt

Hi Matt,

I partly understand what's going on in your mind/body. That is to say, I've experienced something similar after powerful healing (with several methods). I'm still going through the process. I don't particularly want to go into details. I also understand that my experience is not exactly like yours. My interpretation of this kind of situations is that the mind/body is clinging to old habits. It is afraid something will go totally wrong if the blockages (that it has built very carefully) are removed, AND because it is quite powerful, it can make your life quite unpleasant. It is not negative energy, it's just your mind/body doing its best, doing what it has learned. All I'm saying is, your mind/body thinks it is doing everything for your own good. Your job is to teach it other things.

You could concentrate on healing other parts of your body to make them stronger. That could take some weight off your heart. Be gentle with your heart.

-purjo

Nacho, I don't know what is happening in your mind/body. Not specifically. I can offer my guesses, but that is not important nor relevant.

You know that Master Lin says that as healing begins, ones conditions can sometimes intensify. It seems to me, that while in Master Lin's presence and receiving his energetic aid you were aware of this happening. It not something totally unexpected. Also you sense of emotional tidal wave as you left, appear to me to be the same sort of thing.

In fact, have read your post over some time now (although I can be wrong, because I haven't been specifically tracking you), it seems to me that your emotional and belief blockages are more important.

A few other thoughts that have roamed through my mind while reading this thread are some recommendations for you and everyone. Namely, reviewing the basic information in the level I and II course. In this case, a review of the six sources of blockages might be valuable.

Another idea, was that ones progress in something like SFQ is not measure by time. It would seem to me that as you advance in SFQ and in developing more balance and flow in your life, your beliefs and attitudes will change and bring you greater comfort and joy. My experience with resistance to my own development is that following Master Lin advice and staying with the system and Trusting in the universal energy is the best path. It is not I who causing the balance and flow it is my opening and releasing that allows balance and flow to occur in and around me.

You mention that you seem to experience what you interpret as good things during meditation but they quickly fade after you leave meditation. I recommendation, is that as you start your meditation isto ask your master(s) to have these good things be part of your entire life. Then, I think it is important for you to not go looking for their absence. Just trust that they will appear in your life as it most appropriate for your path. As you give over to trust and gratitude you will notice more and more how balance and flow are entering into your life in a supportive manner.

Nacho, you are perfection,
Iam2

Hi Matt

I think Iam2 is offering sound advice here. I have another thought which is to have another healing session with Chunyi and tell him what you have told us. There are wise people on this forum but none as wise or as powerful as the man who invented/shaped the system itself.

Like Purjo my experience with energetic style healing from homeopathy to acupucture to SFQ is that it can bring stuff to the surface in uncomfortable ways that take a while to process. I had an acupuncturist who said that a treatment was like reaching into a bucket with mud at the bottom and taking out some of the mud. But of course as you do this you make the water very cloudy as some mud mixes with the water on the way out. It will settle out again in time, and maybe not as long as you think.

Chunyi may not call what you describe as dark energies by that name but he is certainly aware of what they are and how to deal with them. Give him another try and tell him your worries about proceeding further on this healing journey.

Love

Kev

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved