Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#52871 12/16/05 01:07 AM
MB Offline OP
OP Offline

This is in response to Gallen's message on my first topic. Gallen, thank you for an excellent, thought-provoking, and very helpful reply.

Because of your remark about regulating numbers like blood pressure, I have started a new topic in the hope of getting some coaching on this. It is a major problem.

First of all, are you willing to say more about regulating numbers for blood pressure? Your statements were interesting; that SFQ is message healing; you can regulate numbers or levels, like blood pressure...."

I have labile hypertension (sometimes high, sometimes normal, and sometimes low). There is a strong emotional component (anxiety or excitement).

My BP is also atypical. Instead of getting lower at night, it gets higher (150s over 90), then drops down as much as 25 points (systolic) after I get active in the morning.

Strangely, it gets higher after doing the Sitting Meditation (Self-Concentration). For example, I did that this morning for half an hour with the stated intent to lower my BP. Afterwards I felt so relaxed only to discover that my BP (systolic) had gone up 10 points.

Active Qigong may lower my BP temporarily, but later in the day my BP may zoom up. Also, Chunyi Lin's finger massage worked beautifully the first time I tried it, lowering my BP 20 points in two minutes. But it worked only a couple of times, and has not worked well since.

I welcome responses from anyone who wants to comment.

#52872 12/16/05 02:56 PM

The Qi follows your mind. If you look for a blockage you will create it. If you look for balance and flow you will create it. Qi follows your thoughts. The more you work with qi the better you become at noticing and directing it.

There is the lab coat effect for blood pressure measurements. There are not external influence that cause this pressure rise. They are created by the persons thoughts.

Master Lin talks about the palms up or palms down depending on how you want to influence blood pressure. He also talks about helping others with the energy fingers sweeping through a person in a heart (valentine style) pattern, either up or down depending on which way they need to go to Return to Normal. "... up to normal" or "... down to normal" at the phrases to use with the gestures. He has mentions this for blood pressure, colesterol, blood sugar.

At the start of a meditation I have visualize Master Lin doing this to me.

Later you learn / realize that you can go into the emptiness very quickly (a second worth of thought). Then you can apply these healings to yourself throughout the day as you note the need or at least benefit of doing it.

You are perfection,
Iam2

#52873 12/16/05 04:31 PM

I hope this isn't too out of line, since this isn't really SFQG, but I've enjoyed watching my doctors' jaws drop when I can drop my blood pressure 20 or more points right in front of them. But of course, I also use this throughout the day, whenever I stop to think of it. I like lowering it without meds. So, it's not just a parlour trick, but it IS fun to do in the exam room at the doctor's.

It's simple, really, and also based on Chinese medicine, via Donna Eden's techniques of tracing meridians.

First, trace Tripple Warmer 3 times backwards; next trace Sex/Circulation backwards ONCE, and again 3 times forward (flushes the meridian); next, hold the front neurovascular points (sometimes called the oh my gosh points). All of these techniques can be found in Eden's book, Energy Medicine.

Now, my challenge for the past few years has been high blood pressure, but I'm told that this works just as well for low blood pressure. It seems it balances the blood pressure, period. If it is too high, it lowers it, and if it is too low, it raises it a little.

Again, my apologies if this is too far afield, topic-wise.

[This message has been edited by Jeanne (edited December 16, 2005).]

#52874 12/17/05 06:03 AM

Hi,
It is best to keep this concept very simple. That is the beauty of many of SFQ's concepts and method.
Seeing the five organs as those colors, and putting in messages or signals, can happen in a few seconds. "My blood pressure is back to normal." That's it. A statement of intention to seal the deal.
You spend the time in an exercise session, you did the work. Don't even go to wondering if you visualized effectively. Just apply yourself as best you can, and 'KNOW' that you were successful. At the end, or during your exercise, these brief messages are simple, to the point, charged with intention, and very clear.
From my experience, it seems the greatest challenge to people, is self doubt within this simple techniques. Long distance healing comes to mind again too. Visualizing something, and trusting that you indeed did it.
How you frame the signals or statements is not critical. Stating or visualizing a target number, or saying a simple statement, like "All my blood levels are back to normal, or normal", etc, all works. Even if doubt creeps in, you still did some good work. Good, better, best. There is not an all or nothing, good or bad, result.
Look at your initial post, and observe your statements. Look at the "I have this or that", or my BP is this or that." These are statements, messages too. Selfhealing is manifesting health. What ideas are you holding. What messages are you stating about yourself. What are you manifesting?
Change the language, change the ideas, change the message. As Iam2 says, qi follows the mind, or the mind moves the energy.
In regards to the yin and yang, the idea is yin, and the manifestation of that idea is yang. You can not have the manifestation, without the idea. In the same way, with an existing condition or blockage, if you take away the idea, the manifestation breaks down.
Sometimes the manifestation or blockage takes awhile to break down or clear. You 'hold' the idea, the focus, the clear intention, the message, throughout the healing process. Feel it as accomplished, complete, in the heart. After the statements, "feel(heart)" it as done, accomplished. Fully and completely own your new state of health with no blockages. It is another little shift to feel it as done. Perhaps a state of joy and completeness.
Also, often, when you do something with a master, or higher level practioner, you experience whatever you are doing at a more effective level, due to their energy and level. It isn't that something works with 'them', and not for you by yourself. Often, whatever you do is heightened in the presence of a master. It still happens for you, even if you don't feel it as strongly or see it as clearly. Trust that, and just do your qigong.
love,
gallen

#52875 12/17/05 02:24 PM

Jeanne,
I wanted to add something to this thread that your post brings to mind. Thank you.., and,
offering help is never out of line.

Taking a specific technique, and matching that to a specific, most likely diagnosed condition is sort of flying blind. There are two concepts that a 'complete' qigong system takes care of. Balancing your energy, and clearing your channels/meridians/organ systems, how ever you want to reference that clearing part. Note that the statements and visualizations are part of an exercise session. Although you can do them anytime, they are best, in conjunction with a complete practice that address's your whole being. You are also in a heightened sense of focus, clarity and relaxation. More open to touch yourself energetically/effectively.
None of the organ systems, which I include any aspect of channels/meridians in that, is separate, or isolated. It all connects together. Isolating a particular part out and giving that a spin, doesn't address overall balance, or, 'preventively', cover what you are unaware of, as far as blockages and relationships within these systems go. You can practice SFQ qigong, without a diagnosis, or previous awareness of a condition, and have that condition clear, without any awareness of the work you did. This aspect of qigong as a preventative practice, is very key to utilizing it. Again, also the fact that it balances the 'whole' system, and, in a way that works with these interconnected systems. Isolating a specific is okay to do, say with level II technique, or where your focus is in an exercise(maybe putting those signals in during any given exercise), under the umbrella, or within, a complete practice.
Even if on a given day I do a specific visualization or message to reinforce a specific, it still is within my 'lifestyle' practice of qigong. At some point, in the cycle of a day, I am going to do a session of active qigong. The dots connect in my lifestyle practice,,,,,I keep coming to sessions on a daily basis that balance my energy, set everything in order again...
love,
gallen
love,
gallen

#52876 12/17/05 03:30 PM

Gallen, appreciate your thoughts. However, in my experience, SFQG doesn't clear these things up immediately. Meanwhile, all that is left is to either take blood pressure meds or use something more natural--or suffer severe damage because of high blood pressure while waiting for balance.

I shared what I'm doing until SFQG brings about the perfection and balance you describe. Just for the record, I also do work twice a day (sometimes three times a day) to balance my entire system. To really heal, the entire system needs to be nourished.

I do know that in reality, there is one, long meridian which we have divided into 12 or 14 portions (depending on whose system we're using). Tracing them (energy flows where the attention goes) makes that point beautifully clear. One flows into the next, and so on.

Jeanne

#52877 12/17/05 04:43 PM

I'm glad you have something that works for you.
I present SFQ theory as a guideline for practice. The practice context you practice this technique in is different than MB's would be.
One of the most prevalent mistakes people make coming to SFQ, or any qigong practice, is trying to first match a specific technique, to a blockage they 'know' they have, and having a perspective more based in how western medicine treats symptoms. Your post triggered me responding to that consideration, and thank you again.
I didn't intend to offer this information as criticism of your current practice,,,,SFQ way or the highway! I assume that MB is a beginner, and has chosen SFQ to work with. My apologies if I have offended in any way. I certainly don't want you to suffer as you wait for 'the balance' to arrive.
love,
gallen

#52878 12/22/05 01:19 PM
MB Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks again to all of you who responded to my question on high blood pressure (Gallen, Jeanne, Iam2). I have been working your suggestions into my practice.

Your interchange, Gallen and Jeanne, was especially helpful. Yes, of course, as Gallen surmised, I am a beginner (two months). However, I find myself in the space you described, Jeanne, where I cannot wait for the Spring Forest Qigong to work. I have to do something now when my blood pressure goes up.

By the way, Jeanne, I find it very comforting to know that you are in this forum group and facing similar BP challenges to mine.

Gallen, I do want to incorporate the practice Jeanne described from the Energy Medicine book, at least when I am undergoing unusual stress and my BP is high. You spoke about it somewhat, but I wasn't able to figure out just how to incorporate it into my practice and still honor Master Lin's guidance about other energy work.

All of you are so supportive, and it is important as I work with Spring Forest Qigong and healing.

#52879 12/22/05 02:13 PM

MB, I think the important thing is to keep the two practices separate--i.e., don't do both at the same time. Do your SFQG at your regular time, then during other times of the day, balance your blood pressure. If you do SFQG in the morning, wait until after breakfast, say, to do your bp balancing.

It's almost funny, but do you know when my own bp is at its worst? It's when I'm sitting in the doctor's office! Dear hubby calls it "white coat fever." I can tell when my bp is rising, there's a feeling I get--so I'm careful to lower it before the nurse comes in and slaps the cuff on my arm.

I'm hoping to be off the bp meds this year, it's a particular hope of mine.

#52880 12/28/05 02:45 PM

Hi Jeanne, I'm glad that Spring Forest Qigong has successfully helped you to overcome high blood pressure. I was wondering if it could do the same for me as a hypertension patient.

The reason my blood pressure is high is due to the fact that I'm stressed out. I listen to relaxing classical music regularly to soothe my nerves and also use Paul McKenna's hypnosis CDs for their calming effects. Although they've helped them, I still feel stressful at times.

Could SFQG be the solution that could effectively reduce stress for me?

Thank you for your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved