Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52886 12/16/05 09:19 PM
OP Offline

In "Born a Healer" there are 3 exercises and I apologize for not knowing the names in order while asking for help but I am sure you guys will know. The first says to slightly bring stomac IN whileINHALING. One: this seems to produce effort(IF I were to be a little stressed and tell myself relax, I would take a deep breath and my stomach would fill up (expand) and as I let out it would come bak in a little.This is very relaxingimmediately, but drawing my stomach in while in INHALING seems to keep me from relaxing. Does this just take practice? Also, is this the way Chunyi feels we should learn how to breath ALL THE TIME or just for the sake of moving YIN/YANG during the exercise. Lastly, the next 2 exercises do not specifically mention the bring in the stomach and letting out the stomach.So ,Does it matter or was this a slight omission for these next 2 exercises.Thanks, have a good weekend' I will be with you 1 PM (EST) tomorrow(SAT.) for a brief moment.

Master Lin says that reverse breathiing helps to mix the Yin and Yang energies.

It's a gentle drawing in of the lower abdomin, not the entire abdomin. Like so many things in SFQ do it with a gentle attitude. Most people consciously do a few and trust that the pattern will continue.

I believe Master Lin breaths in this fashion all the time.

One idea I sometime engage with during non-comforting experiences is that awareness of comfort is a faculty of the mind. The mind being something I have some control to direct. I have the great power of choice. I consider some of the physical testing monks endure while they are supposed to be meditating, and consider my trials trivial in comparison. I also believe my mine is like anyone else's so if they can do it, so can I.

Sorry, for rambling off topic.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Hi Strategist,

I have found the breathwork to be hugely important and yes, the reverse breathing is hard at first. However, if you keep trying, it becomes easier and after a few sessions it almost becomes automatic. I always engage the reverse -inhale gently pull tummy in a little and exhale let tummy out for all the breathing. Try to relax and don't concentrate too hard as that seems to make it more difficult.
Like I am 2 I think it is a very small price to pay in terms of discomfort when you weigh up the benefits which will accrue to you - so keep up the good work.

love and light,
Faune

[This message has been edited by Faune (edited December 18, 2005).]

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Strategist,

Remember to use the "search" function of this Forum to look for breathing or reverse. This has been talked about quite a few times.

Chunyi would say it is more important for you to at this point in the game to breathe naturally a with a relaxed even breath, than to worry about the reverse breathing.

After a couple months of doing the exercises in your book, do the reverse breathing for three breaths at the beginning of you exercise and then forget about it. This will keep you out of your head and after while, you may find yourself naturally doing it.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved