Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello all

I'm new to the forum and couldn't find an answer to my question here, so will post it, and apologies if it's been posted before.

I love to practice the Small Universe exercise, while listening to Master Lin's CD, but have an issue with the tempo. I find the gap between inhales on the soundtrack too short for deep and long breathing, and it's a little uncomfortable.

Anyone else had this issue? Any advice please?

Regards
John

Hi,
If you have the equipment you can re-record the CD allowing a longer gap between each inhale.
If not, then you probably need to remember the sequence and just do it at your own pace,I also try to make the sounds Oom & Muu, as they can resonate in your head and you can meditate on the sound . Don't forget that Master Lin says there is no bad way of practising Qigong there is only good, better and best.
Love and light,
Faune

[This message has been edited by Faune (edited December 18, 2005).]

I have similar feelings about following instructive SFQ. So I've learned all the exercises and usually practice them in silence or with the meditiation music tracks.

You are perfection,
Iam2

I actually asked a similar question a few years back, and Gallen had an interesting reply:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000496.html

You might also want to look at these: http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000019.html http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000312.html

[This message has been edited by swingkid (edited December 21, 2005).]

OP Offline

Thanks to everyone for the excellent replies and the links which provided many 'simple truths'. This has all helped me a lot.
Happy holidays to all
John

I just wanted to update some information I gave in that older post, concerning the huiyin point , or bottom of the torso. I just skim read the older posts, so if I am repeating myself, please forgive me.
When I came to SFQ, I was in the practice of pulling up the huiyin, or closing it, relative to qi leakage, and previous teaching. It is common for qigong masters to mention pulling up this point.
Master Lin specifically addressed this detail, at some retreat, a few years later. He said "not" to hold up the huiyin, and that his position on this was coming from the fact that holding it up, could cause constipation.
In this practice, you don't hold up the huiyin.
love,
gallen

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved