Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52924 12/24/05 05:06 PM
OP Offline

I Suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (though there is nothing disorderly about it, it happens every year in winter. lol)
I am curious if anyone else had it and used SFQ to diminish or rid themselves of it. If so, can you tell me?

Thanks
Mike

#52925 12/25/05 05:04 PM

I had SAD when I lived in Minneapolis. I cured this with light therapy. I bought a light from Nothern Light Technologies that has 10,000 Lux of diffuse light. Do a Google or Yahoo! search for this sort of lamp. I know it will help you.

#52926 12/26/05 06:59 AM

In a related way, I find looking at winter as a season or cycle to "go in", in much the same way as hibernation, helpful. A natural time of year to slow down, be reflective, and go deep within oneself. Following the nature of the season. I know this doesn't speak directly to the lack of sunlight, but I would still place that sensitivity within the realm of a season and cycle, and how one can create balance within one's practice, or compliment the energy of the time, relative to a cycle in nature one is moving through.
A touch of manifestation here too, in the sense of what one might anticipate, look for, or create with one's beliefs or statements embodied. Saying that you suffer from something, and declaring that what you suffer from, happens every year, is a pattern that manifests, or at least supports an experience to repeat in the sense of seeing that in the future as the season approaches. Either a light bulb, or a 'new idea' or perspective, can be equally effective in changing one's experience of the season. One isn't necessarily better than the other. The light bulb can work, just on a physical level of getting that light, but one also can empowers the effect of the light by 'knowing' or intending to receive a positive effect from it.
Do whatever works, by all means, and consider your perspectives and beliefs, what you manifest, and what winter is as a beneficial cycle to 'get into'. I don't particularly care for day after day of gray, but that is not where my thoughts or feelings are. I always look at the hibernation, going inward aspect of the season. I don't think one can experience stillness any more so than a soft snowfall and that landscape in a quiet setting. Cold can have a purifying effect to it, or be invigorating. Meditation next to a fire is wonderful. Winter and building fires is a winning combo. I love meditation next to a fire in the winter. Such primal elements are present in that experience.
Whether you want to feel better, gain different perspective, positive outlook, or just feel warm if you are cold, qigong will help. I don't feel helpless or vulnerable, or lacking in any way, or in any environment, or season, with a qigong practice. There is positive energy to connect to, utilize and enjoy, that is stronger than any blockage, negatives, or experience of deprivation.
love,
gallen

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved