The thought came to me that maybe
I should not harvest the chi until after
I finished with the sword fingers,
or doesn't it matter?

Another question is, how long after eating
should I wait before doing any of the
exercises or meditations?

Hi Gianni,
-Using sword fingers here and there, in general, doesn't require harvesting qi as a follow up.

-In the meditations, shortened versions of harvesting qi are used. A longer session of 'something', might move you to a shortened version of harvesting qi as a follow up.

-Good, Better, Best. Don't be concerned about a possible loop hole or mistake.

- A session of active exercise clears blockages. You can address this list of specifics in your active session.
You may already know this, but the hearing is relative to the kidneys, and the eyes are relative to the liver. You can make that connection in your visualizations, to take care of both at the same time in your active exercises. The knees, also are addressed in active exercise, whether more directly in seven steps(lower body issues), or just standing in the stance, aligned, doing qigong.
Anytime you move energy down the legs, out the feet, energy moves through the knees. Energy 'moving', through them, has a healing effect. Even in moving of yin and yang, as a hand reaches the bottom , it is easy to send energy down your legs, out your feet into the ground, or feeling the soles of your feet moves energy there, washing through the knees. Shifting your focus down your legs relative to that lower hand is an option within that exercise that I have felt. It is mainly a mind moving the energy thing, but my hand my tip, or gesture a bit to support that directing the energy down and through, a similar sensation to seven steps. I wouldn't change the general focus of the exercise regarding the spine and torso/organs, but if you have specifics, you can effect them easily within the active exercises.
- kinds of clearing: getting energy to move through something, sword fingers/grab/pat in energy, transforming something( seeing light come in and brighten something, putting in an image of the sun,dark to light etc., 'transformation'.
Clearing can happen, other than sword finger technique.

You could take that follow up you do, and do it as a more complete session at another time of day. Maybe do a short session of sword finger/thunderpalm/cloud hands, whatever, one or all, then, focus on scanning yourself and using swordfinger technique. Then, harvest qi. It can be as long a session , or as short as you like. If you split up the wealth, you can honor both ways relative to themselves.
Even in a meditation session, you can visualize yourself in front of you, and do a level II clearing, then, meditate. You clear yourself, it practices aspects relative to long distance healing, and you get a meditation session. Then, harvest qi, short version or long.

As far as eating goes, it can vary. How much, or what you eat, for example. Go by your feeling. If you are full, or fullish, it isn't as 'good', as if you are not so. If you fast , say approaching a meditation session, that enhances the experience. It is more focused, and spiritual energy connections may be heightened. There are all shades of gray regarding this. Again, go by your feeling. If you are eating close to a session, don't over eat. If you are full, wait a bit until you don't feel full.
Happy New Year Gianni.
love,
gallen

Gianni Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Gallen.

You answered the questions that I asked
and the questions that were unasked but
sitting at the back of my mind. Quite
amazing.

It is good to have your insights when you
are able to participate in the forum.

Thanks again,

Gianni

According to the 5 element theory in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, the kidney is also responsible for the bones as well.

Judith

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved