Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53073 01/24/06 05:33 PM
Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

I understand that Master Lin can open your Third Eye but only on either Level 3 or 4
and only face to face.

Is there any other way of activating the Third Eye without the necessity of travelling to Minnesota?

I ask this because for some time now I have been seeing a big eye looking at me when meditating. So I get the message that it is time to do something!
I have checked and can get to a Buddhist Monastery in Northumberland where they give spiritual advice and help.

Any advice on this subject would be much appreciated.
Maybe Gallen, Iam2, Shawn or anyone else with the experience /knowledge may be able to advise?

Love & light
Faune (UK)

[This message has been edited by Faune (edited January 24, 2006).]

[This message has been edited by Faune (edited January 25, 2006).]

#53074 01/25/06 03:17 PM
gb Offline

Hi Faune,
I don't understand the third eye opening as you have suggested, regarding it as a single event opening initiated by Master Lin.

There 'is' a visualization technique in the Level 3 material that address's third eye opening. Master Lin does roam around during meditations , and may do something relative to one's third eye, or something else. I never saw or experienced that as flipping a switch to open the third eye. Charging it with energy perhaps, maybe opening the crown point, or specifics relative to an individual and their level.

I understand the opening of the third eye as a process. The process that opens it, is your qigong practice. In one's practice, the goal, is to reach emptiness. According to Master Lin, the emptiness goes further than the Active Exercises and Meditations. What that is saying , is that your bottom line is to seek emptiness, and your practice, will open your third eye.

You start, with a focus. The focus, can be a meditation technique, like small universe. If you reach emptiness, you leave the focus, the meditation takes care of itself.

When you meditate, you move through layers. You may see nothing, you might see something.
If you have a strong sense of a message or presence in regards to possibly receiving information, pay respects and ask. Don't get hung up with that possibility or process. The goal, is still emptiness, which involves you, going back to a focus, or whatever, to reach emptiness, regardless of what you are seeing.

I don't see going off to the monastery because you see an image in your meditations.
It is your choice and experience. I have always felt confident in my meditation practice taking care of me, without 'need' of outside help. Guidance is helpful, but if you follow the basics and keep it simple, things take care of themselves. Understanding comes.

Don't feel pressure to solve something in response to seeing something. If you go to this monastery, you may get a specific expanation, but then you will most likely receive more technique, that is someone else's means of focus, to reach emptiness. You could accumulate more information, that is just more information. You are engaged in a practice that can take care of itself.

You have been given a powerful technique,in utilizing a 'master's energy'. This connects you to guidance and help too. You may not be conscious or aware of how that spiritual energy relationship engages with your practice, but it ensures your practice is proceeding in a healing way/good way.

You don't have to travel here to open your third eye. As I said, your practice does that. It is helpful to have a teacher's guidance, and also, you can make progress on your own too. Increased times, lotus sitting, some fasting... All things you can initiate to effect growth and change. If you can make it to a level 3 or 4 class, great. Do that. If you feel close to this system/Master Lin, you should make that happen sometime. You can make that physical connection, then, you still go back to 'your' practice.

I don't feel I have to consciously know everything I experience. I try to stay as neutral as possible, not positioning myself relative to what presents itself. As soon as I take a position, I am reacting to something. Positive or negative, it is still a reaction and I lose neutrality. If I remain neutral, I can see what presents itself more clearly, in the sense of understanding. I stay in the present moment. I stay closer to then reaching a level of emptiness again. I may or may not know something, about something, as a result of my practice at a given moment, or over time.
I find Master Lin's suggestion of "following the energy", very helpful as a meditation focus. For me, it is a feeling driven focus. Images may come up or not, but I return to that focus, if images have brought my mind into play.
love,
gallen
ps. my computer settings were somehow lost, so I had to re-register with a different username...

#53075 01/25/06 05:06 PM
Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Thankyou Gallen,

That has helped to clear up a lot of questions.
I thought that opening the Third Eye was a process which had to be done with help. I read a post on this forum a long time ago when the writer said that Master Lin had opened his Third Eye on a level 3/4 retreat.

I am not very good at viualising and in my meditations I don't see the flowers, fields and water that Master Lin describes but I do see some colours, mainly a light gold, a deep purple/blue and some green,which swirl about.
So you can understand my amazement when suddenly I started seeing very clearly a big eye looking right at me. It was a bit of a shock but I accepted it and it keeps appearing . This led me to feel that perhaps I had to find out more, then I remembered the post and thought that maybe it was a prompt to open the Third Eye.

I will do as you suggest and keep on with my SFQ exercise and meditation and try to reach the emptiness - which raises another question (which I posted before)as I find that I still feel the energy rushing up from the balls of my feet, often very strongly when doing SFQ. This makes it difficult to feel the stillness when there is this great bubbling and rush going on - maybe it is another version of monkey mind?. I think it was Iam2 who said that you can reach a point when you cease to feel anything but I haven't got there yet and I'm not sure if that is good or stagnation or whatever. However as everyone progresses at their own pace I guess there is no hard and fast answer to it.
Thanks again,

Love and light
Faune

#53076 01/26/06 06:23 AM

Faune, this might or might not help, and it's certainly not from my SFQ training in any way--

But when it comes to visualizing, some of my best teachers have taught that not everyone visualizes in the same way. You might be doing just fine.

When it comes to opening the third eye, going slowly with SFQ is perhaps one of the best ways to do it. I had mine opened rather suddenly when I received shaktipat many years ago, and for a time, I seriously wondered if I had gone mad. I thought I was ready for it, but obviously, it might have gone better if it had been done in a different way.

This SFQ method seems designed to ensure against a sudden shock to the system. (But that's just my opinion.)

#53077 01/26/06 06:39 AM
Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Jeanne,
Thanks for the advice it does help a lot especially when everyone thinks you have really lost it because you're doing something different.

Love & light
Faune

#53078 01/25/06 11:13 PM
gb Offline

Hi,
I agree that everyone visualizes differently. Same for getting information/intuition, reading energy, etc, etc...

A SFQ practice, or whatever qigong practice, does not equate to going slowly, regarding openings of any kind. I am sure people(including myself) have experienced powerful openings, gradual openings, fast openings, and no openings!

I remember a retreat LS had in October, two years ago. There was a follow up thread with people sharing experiences. I remember Pete Bissonette sharing his third eye opening experience. Another side to this, was, that Pete was focused on accomplishing that during the week retreat. His intention and focus was there too. The energy of the event definitely facilitated that, as well as Master Lin's presence, but I would credit his focus and intention too. Relative to this, do the best you can. Have your own mini retreat. Set aside time to focus and accomplish something. Some fasting and lots of meditation. Effect openings, seek understanding, go in with a focused intention.

It is possible for a teacher to open things up for you. Even experience a glimpse of enlightenment. It still gets back to you doing the work. If someone clears a blockage for you, who keeps it open? Keeping it open can mean a lot of work, and understanding gained, through that work.

I have experienced a wonderful level of stillness in my meditations. I was reading some information recently, that talked about being in the present moment. It mentioned how 'ordinary' that can seem or be. Then, it said that it becomes 'extra ordinary'. I love that description! It strikes my sense of humor too. I find it to be the truth. Same for stillness. I feel it first as stillness, then, extraordinary stillness! I don't put that stage of what I am experiencing with that as emptiness. It is, very pleasant, and I experience it when I am still with a focus on something, like small universe, or following the flow of energy. I am aware of having a body though,focusing, and/or a structure to a degree. Wonderful stillness can be there, along with energy sensations. The energy sensations are just as pleasant. Don't see feeling the energy as a hinderance to stillness. It is wonderful that you feel that. The energy is moving, you are transforming. See it as just what is supposed to happen, happening.

From retreat notes on these subjects:

"The development of energy for opening the third eye: The third eye is opened through qigong practice. When the energy in the lower dan tien is developed, it rises to the liver and becomes wisdom energy. As the wisdom energy builds up, it moves towards the heart. The heart develops this into spiritual energy. The spiritual energy moves towards the third eye and opens it. Then, you can learn to use this spiritual energy."

" Experiencing the opening of the third eye:
As you go into the emptiness, you will feel the silence. As you progress in opening the third eye, you will begin to see light. When it becomes very bright, you are coming close to opening your third eye. You may see a very bright blue sky. After this stage, you wil see darkness again."

" As your third eye opens, you may see pictures and movies. Bright lights may also appear on either or both sides of you. If this happens, don't move your psychic vision. Keep your eyes closed and looking straight ahead. Over time, these lights will move towards the center."

" Intuition and emptiness: At certain levels of the emptiness, you will receive intuitive signals that can help you. However, the purpose of the meditation is still to enter the emptiness, beyond even this."

love,
gallen

#53079 01/26/06 04:06 PM
Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Gallen, that was a wonderful reply covering everything I asked and more.
I am going to print it off so I can read it in more depth but you address all my questions and worries so I am sure with your advice I will be able to progress.
Thankyou,
Love and light
Faune

#53080 01/27/06 05:44 AM

Hi Faune, I didn't realise that all my life I wasn't visualising. I didn't really know how clearly you can see things in the mind (well I certainly never did) In one of the courses that I was doing they taught you how to turn on your visual learning, (I was mostly auditory). Now I actually see things in my minds eye. Its so weird especially because I could never do that before. It made me laugh cause it seemed like cheating lol. Someone asks you how to spell something and you actually see it in your mind and just read it. I always had to sound it out in my mind to be able to spell it. (I'm mostly talking about tests at school)

How to turn your visual learning on. firstly say, "I turn my visual learning on" then you get a piece of paper and write something on it. Look at the word, close your eyes and actually see it. Keep doing this every day and do it with objects as well and you will be able to see them nearly as clearly as with your eyes.

If you take notice of people's eyes when they talk you can tell which part of the brain they are accessing to tell their story. Visual (looking up left or right), auditory (looking sideways left or right)or kinestetic.(looking down left or right)(feelings and five senses)there is digital auditory as well which is also side to side, that's hearing your voice in your head. Not many people have that as a preference.

Now that my visual is turned on I find myself looking up a lot more when I talk, when before I only ever looked side to side, or sometimes down. In our school systems visual and auditory are the techniques they use for teaching, if somebody's preference is kinestetic, they have a very hard time learning. They need hands on stuff.

There's a few more exercises to do but its a bit lengthy to explain and I might actually be boring you lol. So if you are interested I will tell you the rest.

Love and Smiles to you
Jenny

#53081 01/27/06 10:12 AM
Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Jenny,

Thankyou for that reply.
I hadn't heard about the idea of turning on visuals. It sounds like it will be a very helpful exercise for me to carry out as I never, prior to seeing the eye, actually
visualised an object or a picture at all.

If you have the time maybe you could give more details - I'd be very grateful,
Love & light
Faune

[This message has been edited by Faune (edited January 27, 2006).]

#53082 01/29/06 12:00 PM

Hi Faune, I hope you don't mind if I test you specifically.

We have 11 sections on either side of the brain that I test. You had 16 of these switched off. Colour, eye tracking and primary visual were on but your visual memory was off.

You had quite a lot of organs switched off but you need to give special attention to your small intestine. I have lifted a lot of issues for you so you might feel a bit emotional. I have taken on what you can't handle, it won't effect me so don't worry about how much you give me.

You had quite a lot of issues to do with 'wanting to live in the past' and 'Desire to stay in comfort zone'. I don't dig any deeper than that because I don't need to know all the details to lift it. In fact I don't really need to know any of it, I was just telling you so that you would know.

Yeah so work on your intestines, they are a bit stronger but there is a sense of neglect there.

Anyway, the exercises for your visual learning. Imagine three points on either side. top, middle, bottom, (on the left and the same on the right) Look top left then straight over to top right and back again. Do the same from top left to all the other points always moving straight back to top left. If I could draw on here I could show you better.

Then start on the next point (doesn't matter the order) and from that point visit each of the other points moving straight back after each visit. then ditto with each point. It strengthens the connections. Visual people tend to hold their heads high when they talk and I started to get a sore neck at first because I wasn't use to doing this. I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened.

When recalling things we look left and when creating things we look right. Except for a few left handed people who have it the other way round.

try this exercise, think of something you did yesterday and while thinking about it look up and right at the same time, or sideways and right or whatever, It feels so uncomfortable to look right when your brain is accessing the other part of your brain.

the kids hate it cause I can tell when they are lying to me cause they are looking in the wrong direction.

For all those who have emailed me, I will get back to you.

Love and Smiles
Jenny

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved