Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bluesky Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

I have been practising the level 1 exercises and meditations for a few months and I am impressed by how quickly I can shift my energy state. I would like to show my brother the exercises but I was wondering how Master Lin views mixing SFQ with Buddhist meditation techiques - my brother has been a Buddhist for many years.

The video and manual say one should avoid mixing SFQ with other energy techniques - is this refering to other Qigong techinques or does it apply to other meditation practises.

I quess I would also like clarification on this issue as I enjoy going on meditation retreats a couple of times a year in the UK and as most of them are passive sitting types so I do like to practise qigong to keep a better balance.

I have done a search on this forum on this issue and I seem to found posts which either say wait 30 minutes after SFQ exercises or some that say its better not to mix techinques. In my own experience I have found qigong to enhance and deepen the retreat experience and I see them as complimentary systems.

If anyone has heard Master Lin expand on this point on working with other energy techinques/meditations I would really appreciate some clarification.

Thank you,

Bluesky

Hello Bluesky;

I think you have already answered your question with the thirty minute wait after SFQ Exercises or Meditation.

Master Lin did mention, at the last Retreat, that he found inspiration in reading the Heart Sutra on a regular basis but he also mentioned reading from Taoism for the same reason.

He is truely flexible in advising people on what they can and cannot do. Most of what he says seems to be in the form of a request. He gives guidlelines to follow which I think are pretty loose for something as beautiful as Spring Forest Qigong.

Master Lin does not say no other energy work is allowed but that SFQ should have it's own time and once complete allow the energy to complete it's cycle of 28 to 30 minutes before moving onto some other energy work.

hope that helps

jeff

Bluesky Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

It is good to know that Master Lin is not from the "this is the only way" school of thought.

I do find Buddhist chanting is a lovely way to connect with the heart energy and I am glad we can benefit from both paths.

Bluesky

Well ,let me also add that for his advanced students the rules would be different.

When you make that kind of commitment the Master expects you stay on the path.

Love

Jeff

I mix QiGong with other stuff and get excellent results, I don't know why Chunyi makes that statement.
www.higherbalance.com has a program called "High Guard" that when combined with QiGong I get efffects greater than when I do the programs separately.

Sometimes people are so identified with their chosen path that they won't look at anything else or even consider anything else and that's not the way nature is. Nature is expansive. Yin Yang energy moves both inward and outward and if you're not expanding your mind you're only moving inward all the time.

The one exercise where you move yi/yang energy up and down the front of you is amazing. In "High Guard" there's this one where you move both together up and down the spine and BOTH are amazing. There is no right or wrong but if I was identified with either or I would be shutting myself off from learning something new. Energy is electrical and will obey OUR commands, whatever they are. There is nothing it won't do so saying there is one way to do it, or someone is right and the other person is wrong is just a viewpoint. A viewpoint that I don't have.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved