Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MB Offline OP
OP Offline

I need your help on Active Exercises. Recently messages on this forum pointed out the need to balance Spring Forest Qigong Meditations with the right amount of Active Exercises.

I have avoided the Active Exercises. This is because their repetitive motions of Moving of Yin & Yang, Breathing of the Universe, Joining of Yin & Yang, and Harmony of Universal Energy hurt my neck and spine.

While I can visualize them, I don't like doing that for that doesn't seem active and thus not effective.

I can do the Beginning of the Universe and Forming of Yin & Yang, but (1) Are they by themselves Active Exercises and (2) Would an exercise program composed only of these two meet the requirements for Active Exercises?

If so, what timing is suggested to meet the half-hour requirement? The SFQ instruction book suggests only up to 3 minutes on Beginning of the Universe and up to 5 minutes on Forming of Yin & Yang. Is it effective to do them for 15 minutes each?

Or is there something else I can do to meet the requirement for Active Exercises?

Hi MB,

I have listed to the tapes and read the training guide quite a few times.It does say in the guide that you can do any combination of the active exercises for as long as you like ! So if you wanted you could do 15 minutes of Begining of the Uuniverse and then 15 minutes of Forming of Yin and Yang - the other day I did about 30 minutes of just Forming of yin and yang. Personally, I find forming of yin and yang works incredibly fast in shifting my energy state and I feel so content and at peace aftewards.

I think it is also important to do the ending exercise to make sure the energy you have gathered is put in the right places. So a few minutes for the closing exercises would also be a very good idea.

Bluesky

Each of the exercises you've described are active exercise. Master Lin has given us a set of fundamental active exercise he believes will help our full healing.

Do what you can, and be confident in your progress.

Pain, will definitely make it more difficult to go into the emptiness. Since you can raise your arms for The forming of Yin and Yang, is it possible for you to follow the other movements in a limited fashion. Making smaller movements with your hands and arms.

I keep seeing small hand rapid hand motions, so I want to add that one should seek to slow the movements, regardless of the how large they make them

I've see people in a group doing these exercises, and I there is a wide range of variation in the movement. I sometimes change how I do a exercise; opening my arms wider, or raising my hands higher. The primary benefits come from the six keys.

With time I believe that your motions will grow into the fuller movements, as I've read here of others experiencing.

I want to add here, that SFQ is something to take into all parts of your day. Your diet, your exercise, your attitude about yourself and the world around you. You can open blockages all day long. You can prevent them from forming during the day. You can wear that smile and peace and loving every moment. (Good words for me to practice too.... and I try).

MB, you are perfection,
Iam2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved