Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi precious people!

I have a bit of a ridiculous question...when Master Lin says at the end of small universe to move your energy ball in a clockwise direction, getting smaller and smaller until it's a little energy pill deep behind the navel, exactly what direction does the energy move? Am I moving it clockwise like I have a clock on my tummy? Or am I moving it clockwise like I'm looking at a clock in front of me (like when you look at your watch)?

In other words, does the rotation go to the left first or to the right?

I struggle with this cuz even though I'm focusing on my dantien, the focus in my visualization is kind of actually in front of my eyes, so it's hard to know if I'm looking at the energy pill in front of me or kind of seeing it inside me.

Does this make sense? Guidance would be greatly appreciated! And feel free to make fun of me for being such a loon about this seemingly obvious issue!! :0)

Hugs,
Carebear

You are not the only one to notice this question. The answer is simple, look what Chunyi Lin does on the video.

Hi Carebear
I've often wondered about whether I'm doing it the right way as well - but what I chose to do was go from right to left starting at the 12 o'clock position and it feels right to me.

Oxygen - can you remind me how the video shows Master Lin visualising the energy getting smaller and smaller in his lower dan tien? My video is on loan to a friend at the moment.
With Love
Jetay

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Carebear,

Good question. Doing a quick browse with the search function didn't pull up anything interesting, although it has been asked and answered many times.

"Strap" the clock on your navel, facing outward. Twelve is towards your upper body and 6 toward your toes.

Much Love, Shawn

I am adding a little twist here - of interest particularly to women! At a workshop last fall, someone asked Chunyi the following ( I am paraphrasing): "If the energy naturally moves counterclockwise in women, wouldn't it be preferable for women to move the energy counterclockwise as opposed to clockwise?" His answer was yes, and either way is ok!
Just thought I would confuse things a bit:-)
Maura

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Good one Maura,

"Main Channel's Flow Goes the Other Way?"

There are systems out there teaching that the small universe naturally runs the other way in women. I haven't heard him put that generalization out there so…

I'll ask my wife, double-check it with Chunyi, and get back to you.

; )

Much Love, Shawn

If I am remembering correctly, at the Oct 2005 retreat, Master Lin said that for women the spinning energy ball that gets placed into the lower dan tien spins counterclockwise for women. I don't recall him saying the energy direction of the small universe ran in the opposite direction...just the spinning energy of the lower dan tien.

Hi Jetay,

Sorry for the late reply, I was able to check the video only this morning.

I didn't find the visualization you are referring to. I actually checked the video twice, if I had missed it the first time. Probably it's only on the audio tape?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Nickie,

quote:
"At the end of the meditation, when you see the energy ball spinning in the lower Dantian, the tapes say it should spin clockwise, which is true for man and can work for everybody, but in women it is better for it to spin counterclockwise. "

This was from the 2005 retreat notes. He was referring to the ending of the moon and sun meditations, but the same applies to the spinning of the energy ball at the end of the Small Universe.

I'll double check it with him though, since these were notes taken by participants and not reviewed by him.

Maura: My apologies -I made some sort of mental leap (or lapse), over to the small universe "rotation", rather than the ending spinning of the ball that you were actually referring to. Oh well, its interesting non the less.

Oxygen:"What?" I thought to myself after reading your reply, "The sitting mediations are not explained on the DVD, but are in detail on in the manual and during the actual mediation on the CD..." So I got out the DVD from Level I, wondering if I was out of the loop when an update was made at some point. Nope, but boy are those menus handy!

It would be cool to have an graphic overlay of what is going on in the small universe meditation, similar to what was done to explain the lower Dantian and main channels in the DVD.

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited March 14, 2006).]

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved