Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53386 03/10/06 09:55 PM
Nacho Offline OP
OP Offline

When breathing out during the Small Universe exercise is it better to breathe out through your nose, or mouth? I always thought it was through your nose, but noticed today that I felt alot better when I breathed through my mouth, and so I was wondering if it was ok to do it that way.

Thanks,
Notch

#53387 03/13/06 05:13 PM

Small Universe...

Nacho, I will breath in threw the nose out through the mouth when I am doing Breathing the Universal Energy, while I'm taking a walk.

I believe that the best practice for breathing when doing the Small Universe meditation is through the nose (all the time). I think that the action of connecting the tongue to the roof of your mouth and disconnecting it repeatedly would prevent you from going deeply into the emptiness.

Of course your might choose to not connect the tongue to the roof of the mouth. However, this would be less than best for the flow of qi.

Returning to Master Lin's words you do the three depth breaths at the start, then you connect the tongue and breath through your nose.

I recommend that your stay with the meditation as described by Master Lin. You might consider taking a longer period before the meditation doing deep breathing and exhaling through your mouth.

You are perfection,
Iam2

#53388 03/14/06 06:01 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Thanks for the post Nacho.

Yes, it's okay.

Is it best in a good, better, best perspective? Well, as Iam2 mentions, Chunyi does have you keep the tongue at the roof of the mouth during the Small Universe and breathing though the nose on purpose. That connection is a big part of what your working on and building in the Small Universe mediation.

quote:
You might consider taking a longer period before the meditation doing deep breathing and exhaling through your mouth.

Yup Iam2, that's where the bouncing before the exercises/meditations comes in handy -since you're breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth during it.

Chunyi will talk about exhaling through the mouth facilitating more toxin release from the stomach. That's just one of many reasons Master Lin incorporates the bouncing period before going into the nose in/out exercises/meditations.

There is a lot happening in that simple little bouncing-thing, and you may find it easier to do the exercise/meditations with nose breathing after it. You can do it for one-minute, two, 5, 10, heck he's done it with a retreat group for 20 minutes when sensing the needs of the group.

Check it out for you.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved