Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53430 03/27/06 05:16 AM
OP Offline

Hi,

When I sit in lotus position for meditation, I find that my feets start to feel numb after about 15 minutes. I don't know whether I should change to other siting position when I start feeling numb or continue the lotus sitting position until end of meditation (about 30 mins with CD). Please advise. Thanks.

Love,

Little Boat

#53431 03/28/06 03:13 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha littleboat,

Chunyi would recommend staying with it. You'll find the length you can do it without the numbing increases and you'll probably ask the same question at 50 minutes!

Focus back on feeling the energy of the meditation you're doing. "The pain is in the consciousness," Chunyi always says. These are great opportunities to work on our focus.

Much Love, Shawn

#53432 03/28/06 09:33 PM
OP Offline

Thanks shawn,

Love from Heidi

#53433 03/30/06 08:31 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

When you're all done with the meditation, spend some time massaging the toe of the leg that's numb. That usually takes care of it.

Other things that have also worked for me in the past have been:

Do the universal breath he talks about in the Level I manual for "Breathing of the Universe" and the "Walking Qigong." See that all happening in the leg/s.

A pen slipped into the arch-side of your numb-legged shoe, so that the end is under the center of your foot and you pull the top (the end outside the shoe) toward the center giving pressure along the center arch way.

Much Love, Shawn

#53434 03/31/06 04:55 AM
OP Offline

Shawn,

I have done a couple of full lotus siting mediatation (30 min each) since my original post and I found some improvement. I think I am now quite okay during the mediatation. But I have to move my legs very slowly to "undo" the lotus position after the meditation otherwise it will be painful. I do message my toe after mediatation.

When should I slip a pen? I mean when I start feeling numb or after the meditation?

Love,

Little Boat

#53435 03/31/06 03:36 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha littleboat,

"when do I slip in the pen?" ...sounds pretty funny doesn't it?

That's just one of the three options I had used at one time - they all worked well. I'd do it after the meditation when I figured it would be a good idea to walk without falling over.

One can do it with their fingers - just notice where the pressure comes from the pen and apply it next time with two supported fingers to that area.

After learning the toe massage, I just stayed with it and the breathing visualization I mentioned previously. The "pen pressure tool” was a good option, which didn't need a shoe (good thing since I generally didn't do the sitting mediation with shoes on), and once comfortable with the point location, didn't require the pen either.

If the toe + breathing work for you, great. You can also check out that arch pressure point + breathing..

Much Love and have a great weekend,

Shawn

#53436 04/03/06 12:58 AM
OP Offline

Shawn,

I did have a good weekend. Thanks.

There are 2 more questions that I wish you could answer for me:

1. In full lotus sitting, should I always put the same feet on top or I should practise it alternativly - i.e right leg on top this time and left leg on top next time?

2. Walking Qigong is mentioned in the course but I am not very clear how to do it. Do both hands move inward or outward the same time or both hands move in same directions? (Like --> <-- and <-- --> OR --> --> and <-- <-- if one arrow repressents one hand.) How does the hand movement co-ordinate with the leg movement? When do we breath in and out?

Thanks,

Little Boat

#53437 04/06/06 08:25 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha littleboat,

don't worry about the breath or the legs - walk as you normally would, your left arm and right leg syncing up. Do what he talks about regarding breathing and bring your arms toward the center when they come forward.

The walking is easy than you think, but is sometimes easier to describe on the phone. You can give a call and ask for a qigong coach for clarification on this question and others regarding your course at our 1-800 number,

Much Love, Shawn

#53438 04/07/06 04:27 AM
OP Offline

Shawn,

Thanks for your answer. I'll try the walking in the weekend.

I've got a pretty excited news today. I am in Australia and will go for a business trip for a week in Detroit (I will transit in LA). I am thinking it may be a good chance for me to see Master Lin in person. I am not familiar with the US geography but it does not look far in the map from Detroit (Michigan) to Minnesota. Would you please let me know what is the best route to go? By train, bus or by air? (I suppose stating from Detroit is better than starting from LA. Correct me if I am wrong.) How long will be the travel time?

I won't get many chances to go to US and I really want to make the full use of it.

Thanks,

Little Boat

#53439 04/07/06 04:30 AM
OP Offline

I think I can go to the group healing too. Either on 29/4 or 5/5.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved