Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53493 04/05/06 04:51 AM
OP Offline

I am not receiving any guidance or I am not perceiving any. I try at the start of each practice both active and the small universe. Does this perception come with time? My body does not seem to want to move on its own. Any advice or comments?

Thanks

#53494 04/05/06 03:04 PM

Artimuse, what does this mean? I am not familiar enough yet with SFQ to understand the question.

Is this phenomenon or perception mentioned in the course materials? If so, where?

I think we may have to call the coaching staff for answers to our questions. This board seems mostly abandoned at this point. At least there is very little activity.

#53495 04/06/06 05:26 AM

Artimuse my recommendation is not to search for the guidance. Just place your question clearly into the universe and stand in the emptiness.

Something like "What is the best direction for me to face while doing my meditation now?" Then just spend some time in the emptiness, sensing the energy.

Oh, I do this after I've gone into the emptiness, and invited my masters energy. I'll sometimes ask my master the question.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#53496 04/05/06 10:51 PM

Yes, but what does it mean? Is this simply knowing the "right" direction to face while practicing?

If so, I would say Iam's advice is sound. A lot of times in some of the subtle points in practicing QiGong, intuition works best, especially in lieu of any specific advice from the teacher.

#53497 04/06/06 11:15 AM

The compass will be experienced differently for each person, and won't be the same each for even for the same person.

The first time I tried it I had a very strong message. I could feel my arms being pushed and pulled to turn. However, I kept feeling like I wanted to turn and turn. Later I remember asking which way I should turn. Afterwards I asked which way I should face. It was less powerful a message, but also less confusing.

Once I tried to use the virtual compass for find something, and was just given the knowledge. I then asked "Why there?" and was given the answer too.

Later on I realized that virtual compass is just a stepping stone in opening your third eye. Which I no-longer view as a switch to be turned on, but more like a light that has always been on and is slowing getting brighter and showing you more and more.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#53498 04/06/06 09:02 PM

Thanks, Iam. That is very helpful.

All the best

#53499 04/07/06 04:01 AM
OP Offline

My point is that I am not recieving any indication whatsoever. I am trying to follow the correct steps. Will this come with time or am I missing something? I must say that I am not very attuned to my intuition.

Anyone with different experiances then Iam2? Someone who did not feel it right away?

Thanks

#53500 04/07/06 12:51 PM

If my memory serves, me the virtual compass is introduce in the level II material.

I didn't try it until I had being doing SFQ for a couple of months, regularly at a couple of hours a day. In addition to that foundation, I also had a very powerful experience at an LSC retreat prior to starting SFQ. In fact, it was a dream at the retreat that told me I should follow SFQ.

What I'm saying is that I felt the energy very strongly before ever trying the virtual compass. If you can feel the energy Artimuse, I would just suggest clarity of your question and then just be aware of the yourself and the energy. Don't allow your mind to run around "looking" for the direction. Maintain a passive attitude. You are getting the messages you need to get, right now.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#53501 04/07/06 03:03 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Artimuse,

Like Iam2 mentions, the experience can be in the form of a very physical turning of your body all the way to a light sensation or color leading you one way or the other. You may also hear in your mind's eye to turn, or move this direction or that.

Iam2 does a good job at reminding that the specificity of the question is important.

(shakurav: check it out on P.13 of your Level II manual.)

Yes, this is something you develop as you build your practice, energy, and trust in the Universe. It's all individual - just like my wife getting rid of 6 years of chronic debilitating pain in her first hour of doing Breathing of the Universe, and others wondering why they haven't gotten the same results in a day, week, or month. As Chunyi says, You're so lucky - that’s a wonderful opportunity to develop your love, kindness and forgiveness towards yourself and what currently is!

Yup, I'd still rather like things to be handled the first time I try them too.

If you don't sense anything the next time you do it, know that the next time it can happen and continue with your exercises without giving it another thought.

State your question clearly and just be open to whatever shows up or doesn't. Like Iam2 mentioned, it's not looking for it, but being open to it.

It's like detecting. Most of the time the person who says they don't feel a thing can be watched by a friend who'll see the subtle shift in their hand, nose, face, etc, when they find a blockage. It may not show up in a "classic" way others may experience, and until they let go of looking for it in "that way," they don't notice what's right there.

The longer you've been building your practice and energy, the more you will notice and become aware of. It's nothing to worry about or focus on. There are plenty of people who are still developing it.

Much Love, Shawn

#53502 04/09/06 03:31 AM
OP Offline

Thank you Shawn and Iam2. That helps a lot. I have not really got into the emptiness yet but I keep at it anyway. I guess I am impatient for somethng more tangible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved