Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53510 04/05/06 02:37 PM
OP Offline

I can see from the archives (which I am getting a lot out of BTW. Some valuable information there ), that there used to be somewhat more active participants on this forum. There were never hundreds, but there seemed to be about 10-20 people who participated regularly including Learning Strategies staff and people who have studied with Lin Sifu personally and over some time.

Those days seem to be gone. I can see not only from my ignored question, but from some other recent ones all with little or no response that there are few who frequent here anymore. I guess most information will have to come either from the course itself, from my own exlporations and intuition and/or from calling the coaching line (which is also a great resource).

Maybe more people who have done SFQ will return here and maybe Shawn and some of the other more experienced people (such as gallen--his answers always have some great insight in them. I resonate with a lot of his answers and will search and study a lot of his posts) will come participate again.

We can only hope. We few. We precious few!

shakurav, yes many people have and gone. That's in the nature of many things, it is very noticeable on the web.

I know that gallen, will still sometimes come by and share his advice. And it's always welcomed gallen.

This forum has never been a hopping place. It also has it up and down times of the year.

As another observation, only a small percentage of those who do something like SFQ will go the internet and participate. There are usually many more lurkings (read-only people).

I personally know that it can take a lot of time to post. Especially if you give long posts. I used to post before my morning active meditations. It helped to set me in a good frame of mind, but it would eat a half hour or more of my time. So I have to choose the balance that is correct for me.

Also, at times I've sat on my replies allowing others to step in and offer their own advice. I do this partly because I don't want to dominate the forum, and becauce I want others to learn there is so much to gain by offering you advice. I know that I used to wait for gallen to post his reply before adding my own.

Some others may feel that their help is not as valuable as others. This isn't so. However, if they see a void they will often step forward to help. Which is a great thing for all of us.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Thank you both for motivating me to participate more. I have been a read only for sometime but am starting to feel more comfortable in sharing my experiences. I believe it will help me grow to communicate with people of like mind.

I do enjoy reading gallen and Iam2 responses immensely.

Write on!
Sue

OP Offline

Thank, UR2. Or is it Iam2? Well, anyway, we is!

Yeah, I guess you are right about all that you said. I am a member of many forums and I find myself posting less and less these days, beause even a brief response takes time.

And especially here, if we are working on our Qi or on any of the self-improvement methods (and then applying it to help others), that means there is less time to spend here in a fourm.

I thank you for your response.

And thank you, Sue, for your appreciation, and again for sharing your experience.

I am still around and daily read the postings. Just want to say that I do enjoy all of the insight that comes from the people that do take the time to write--so continue to do Qigong and Be Magnificant!

Dear shakurav:

A number of weeks have passed since I last entered the Spring Forest Qigong forum. I have been practicing this form of Qigong for a number of months; however, I perceive magnificent shifts in my neurological perspectives.

One, which may show significance here, is that I am now less tolerant of and less willing to sit in front of this electronic Cyclops – a tendency much different from the many hours that I would sit zoning out into the Internet, while the computer’s fan would hum away in the near distance. Odd, as it may seem, I have developed an intolerance to the electronics of the computer.

Maybe this is another form of entering into “emptiness”.

Light and Peace,
Joe

josephbc,

That's interesting ... the more connected I feel with the universe, the more I want to absorb information and energy from whatever source, and the Web is a HUGE source. I guess no matter what source we plug into, hopefully we're giving back, too.

Hello. I'm another of, I'm sure, the many people who regularly read the forum but seldom post. But I'm still here and value this community of SFQ practitioners very much. I just don't talk on it a lot.

Since I'm writing now, I will say that I went to the Level III class April 8-9, and it was wonderful. Amazing on so many levels. Very good to be in a room with so many people who know about and practice SFQ. Plus of course the wonderful energy and presence of Chunyi and Jim are so healing and instructive. I love the SFQ world and community, and the forum continues to mean a lot to me. We're many of us out here, tuning in but not contributing comments or responses all the time. I'll work on writing more often.

Spring is here, miracles abound!

Namaste,
Stephanie

Hi there, this is my first visit to your site, having read Chunli Lin's book (Born A Healer) only last week, also for the first time. So I suppose I'm a new recruit! All the way from Northern Ireland! I just had a very stressful year at work and started suffering from excruciating back pain two weeks ago where I literally couldn't move. I really think that the book has helped me a great deal in my recovery. It puts across such a positive and inspiring message - I particularly enjoyed the chapter on kindness and the cultivation of a postive and regenerative state of mind. I did begin practicing Reiki just over a year ago and also attended a basic introductory course in Tai Chi a number of months ago. I feel that Qi Gong is probably a very natural direction for me to go in now and I'm very interested in finding out much more about it. I've started doing the daily exercises and would welcome any advice on how I can deepen my understanding of the practice and move further with it.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved