Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53565 04/11/06 03:54 AM
Josiah Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anyone noticed a decreased need for sleep as a result of their SFQ practice? I vaguely remember hearing about someone who only slept 3 hours a night while practicing Qigong, but a search of the forum archive didn't turn up anything.

#53566 04/11/06 01:07 PM

Josiah, perhaps it didn't come up as a topic on its own, but it has appeared on the forum a few times. Personally, I when I started it was a labour to get up that extra hour early (5 am) and to SFQ. However, after a couple of months my about to meditation time was over two hours daily and I woke up easily at 5 am. I felt I didn't need to sleep as much. I could meditate to 11 pm or later and still rise fully refreshed at 5 am. My belief was that I only needed about 5 hours a night. I understand that Master Lin only sleeps about 4 hours a night.

If you search the internet you many find information about meditation be equivalent to sleep. I seem to remember something like good deep meditation being equivalent to about twice the amount to time of sleep. However, I've not heard about anyone meditating instead of sleep.

I'm still curious about the long fast and meditation sessions. Just was happens? Is the sleep time? It sounds like you may not be passing waste, but I'd like to know more. Oh, how can I get Master Lin alone for hours of questioning.

You are perfection,
Iam2

#53567 04/17/06 02:42 AM

Josiah, I started with the book, 3 weeks ago and my course a couple of weeks ago, and I have noticed a decreased need for sleep as a result of SFQ.

I am 56. It is a fact that back then meant 8 hours a night to be in decent shape for the next day, throw in a couple of cups of coffee, too, please. After 1 week with the book I noticed that getting up 30 minutes earlier than normal was not bothering my need for sleep and I was feeling something. I get the course and after 2 weeks with that I am up 1 1/2 hours earlier than normal, so I am getting 6 1/2 hours sleep and feeling charged up, and on fire!(No pun intended) I feel great, and my energy carries me beyond the end of the work day. Before SFQ I had trouble with enough energy to get me to the end of the work day. But now I need to get up a little earlier because my active exercises are running 45 to 55 minutes long and is out of balance with my 30 to 45 minute meditation, which is to be twice as long. The solution for how to find more time is in the universal energy, and I will be listening.

Side note, I have given up coffee and Yin Yang water or tea are just fine.

Hope this helps,

WeR1

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved