Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jkhanit Offline OP
OP Offline

I saw a product called HPP (Hypno-Peripheral-Processing) being sold by a Psycho-therapist at www.nightingaleconant.com which is almost exactly the same is the Paraliminal tapes. NLP has been around for decades. Check it out and let me know if the Paraliminal tapes are simply a copy of some one else's work and simply the name of the technology changed and perhaps improved version. Thanks. I'm not trying to put down the learning strategies corporation but trying to get to the facts. I use the paraliminal tapes and i find that all it is just plain reflective meditation that you can do by yourself. I can do the same thing by just listening to classical music, breathing deeply, praying to my inner god, and reflecting on how i do things now and how i want to change those things in the future. i could be wrong. i would love your opinions.

Nightingale Conant is a company that we endorse and they do the same with our programs. They have been around for years and we consider them highly. Paraliminals are based on NLP, which has been known and practiced for years.

If listening to classical music works for you, I think that's great! If that worked for everyone that would be terrific. Whatever works for you is the key. There must be something drawing you to other tools, however such as HPP or Paraliminals.

Most of the time we know what we are doing presently that is negative, and we know what we need to do to change, but we continue, even knowing this, to do the same thing over and over. Trying to solve a problem the same way the problem came about. Even though we know what we should do instead. For some reason, we do not do what we know would be better for our situation, and our limiting conscious minds get in the way. We do the things we do because of the way we think. Paraliminals are a tool to help change the way we think, and therefore change behaviors or beliefs. If something else works, that's wonderful too!

I personally have not used the HPP products, however I will get some feedback from others at Learning Strategies Corporation.

[This message has been edited by Sandy Millies (edited August 28, 2002).]

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Here is text from the Foundations and Research article in the Paraliminal section of the website:

o Double Induction/Confusion

Upon first listening, two independent messages coming into different ears can be confusing. This confusion is actually an integral part of the Paraliminal technology. Developed over years of clinical research, Dr. Erickson refined what he called his "Confusion Technique".

It is essentially a way of playing with the communication in order to "...introduce progressively an element of confusion into the question of what is meant, thereby leading to an inhibition of responses called for but not allowed to be manifested and hence to an accumulating need to respond." (Haley, 1967, p. 156)

The confusion technique is primarily a hypnotic technique to bypass the critical mind. Since the critical/logical mind cannot respond, the paraconscious tends to take over, building up a strong potential to respond. This technique was further developed by Grinder and Bandler in their lecturing style during the mid and late 1970's. It was then picked up and refined as a "double-induction" of hypnosis by Drs. Steve Gilligan and Paul Carter in their seminars on Ericksonian hypnosis.

Paraliminal learning sessions, by the nature of their dual-voice effect, create the Ericksonian phenomenon. The resulting positive effects are best achieved when the tape is listened to from start to finish. This allows for the progressive introduction of confusion. One of the key reasons why listeners are instructed to create a "special time" for listening to the tape in its entirety is to enhance this effect.

====

In the late 1980s, Paul Scheele and his colleague Mark Kinnich did double induction sessions with their individual clients, and the results were very good.

Unfortunately, it required both Paul and Mark to work with the client.

We decided to do Paraliminals in early 1988 at the insistence of our clients who wanted us to put our technology on tape, because they were not satisfied with their experiences with other tapes on the market.

After doing double inductions with Mark, Paul wanted to do a tape with them.

===

As far as the HPP tapes: they are pretty good. While they are similar to the Paraliminals they are also different on several levels. If you do both, you should catch the commonalities as well as the divergences.

It seems that most people who like one also like the other. When someone doesn't like one, it is usually a personal preference relating to Paul's or Lloyd's voice, or because one better suited the listeners purpose.

jkhanit Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you very much for your response. It was very helpful, honest. I'm impressed with your company. I have recently ordered Genius Code and am looking forward for results. I will also purchase Photo Reading for sure.

I guess maybe Paul Scheel's voice is annoying! Just kidding! He seems pretty genuine.

OK, I've used both, and I *cannot stand* HPP. To be fair, I was using Prozac(tm) at the time, which does prevent hypnosis. Mainly, as a person with a brain and ears, I was a little upset about the way the "hidden messages" came together. It would break the trance state (if one could be said to have existed), and I'd find myself bored at best and upset at worse.

One thing I recommend is first checking your library's catalog. These tapes have been around a while, and have been resold by a few NLP/self-help companies. If you like it, use it.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved