Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53700 05/09/06 10:11 AM
OP Offline

I just thought I'd share an important point from my other Qigong sifu's teachings about how important it is to have tension free shoulders during Qigong.

This is often an area beginners are unaware of and the shoulders are key areas for free movement of Qi.

Since concentrating (not an ideal word!) on relaxing my shoulders I feel the Qi moving much more freely.

Hope this helps someone

Love,

Dean

#53701 05/09/06 10:25 AM

Hi Dean

Thanks for excellent advice. I myself find it very motivating, because my shoulders are constantly stiff. In fact I have been able to relax properly them in the last 10 years only 4-5 times. I remember every single time, the feeling was such a relief. Unfortunately my system could not keep my shoulders relaxed only 30-60 minutes. There must be something deeper. I know Master Lin says that blockages in shoulders are connected with pancreas. That's another area which I'm not able to open efficiently, before my system blocks it again. But , it's OK, time is on my side.

#53702 05/09/06 03:16 PM
OP Offline

Hi Oxygen,

I hope it's helpful.

How long have you been practicing? I ask because another important key that came to me in meditation is to practice with your Heart not your head.

as Sifu Lin says Love truely is the healer here

#53703 05/10/06 07:21 AM

Hi Dean,

I think you hit the right button.... As far as I know my heart is not in it. Actually there are very few things I can do with my heart in it. I'm all head (an engineer ) <sigh>

Well maybe that's an exaggeration. But at the moment I don't know how to put my hear in my practice. And that's a long story, I wouldn't like to go into it. (I would sound too much like a whining idiot.) But there are certain factors in my life and in my system that I have to take into account and respect.

#53704 05/10/06 09:02 AM
OP Offline

Oxygen,

I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been a stcuk in the head type for most of my life too. Still am to some extent, but now through lot's of 'work' on ACIM and spiritual practices I'm starting to finally open my Heart.

A suggestion:

Even if it's only for 5-10 minutes with one or two of the movements make a pact to step outside of your challenges and trying to figure it out. don't beat yourself up if it's difficult at first, but insted respond to the child inside metaphor who just wants a hug.

Opening your Heart is as easy or difficult as you wish to make it. It can be a simple as remembering to SMILE whilst doing the exercises and picturing yourself exactly as you deserve to be.

Every little moment you spend in this warm glow of Love will be rememberede and cherished by your Inner Self, and used to build up the faith that it's all good and all God in here :-)

In love and Unity,

Dean

#53705 05/10/06 09:30 AM

Dean,

I really and truly respect you advice. At the same time I feel a controversy. You might get an idea of what I feel by checking my message in the Beyond Human Forum. The topic is self-love.

I know I have to advance in very very very small steps. There are some feedback that occur when I take too big steps and there are physical and psychological limits how much feedback I can handle at the same time. But that does not keep me from doing the job and utilizing friendly advice from other people. I'm continuing my journey.

#53706 05/10/06 09:36 AM

And, I might add, I'm also waiting for the person, the pieve of advice, whatever, that will help me to untangle my internal controversy. You might weel be the person.

#53707 05/10/06 11:20 AM
OP Offline

Oxygen,

you have no idea how much I empathise with you, my friend.

I've been challenged with this guilt and self revulsion for a long time too. also I'll not bore you with details as all it does it reaffirm the ego's lies about ourSelf.

What's helped me? firstly, after trying lots of different paths I did some Journey therapy. This helped, not because of the therapy, but because I found a wonderful therapist who'd been through this and out the other side into peace and self-acceptance. The moral? Find a therapist you trust as it's their love not the process that provides the catalyst.

Secondly, I started studying A Course In Miracles. This wonderful way of transformation has been revelatory to me and my understanding of who it is that says, "I don't love myself". The mind isn't who we are. simple as that. We don't have to Love ourselves because we ARE Love. We just need to remove the barriers - love will take care of itself.

Thirdly, I got into Sedona Method. This or any other simple means of releasing e-motions, thoughts and feelings is essential. It's all just energy that needs to move ;-)

If any of this resonates feel free to explore. If not worry not, everything truely is perfect exactly as it is, my Brother.

The most important thing I've learnt is nothing can harm us but our thoughts. Truely nothing. We're not a body or mind, but an energetic aspect of Oneness. Well, in truth not even that.

Never be afraid to face the darkness for you're never alone. Only the ego-mind that beleives in separation thinks that. It's the big illusion.

If you know all this at an intellectual level already I apologise if it sounds preachy. My intent is to hold your hand in Oneness so we may both realise our perfection in Heaven(which is right here always).

blessings, Bro

Dean

#53708 05/10/06 12:51 PM

Ouch! This hurts!

Your message made me to realize one thing that I've been trying to hide from everybody and especially myself. Right now I'm not willing to tell what it is. Let's say I'm ashamed of something.

The interesting thing is, the important thing in your message is not the content of it, but how you write it.

My head is spinning, the power of the realization us so strong. ...

I sincerely hope I will come to terms with myself and be able to tell (at least someone) what the thing is.

I'm looking forward to more posts from you. The more you write, the more I'm able to utilize your wisdom. Indeed, You seem to be one of the persons that are able to deliver me the most important peaces in my journey.

Thank you!

#53709 05/10/06 01:29 PM
OP Offline

Hi Bro,

your gratitude is blessing enough ;-)

i'm just another Traveller on spaceship Earth attempting to remember the keys to the Kingdom are in his back pocket when he swears blind he doesn't have them ;-)

Humility is endless here, mate. One thing I got from ACIM is the true understanding of humility. Humility is recognising our limitless power by recognising the perfection of our brothers. If we see ourselves as limited in any way, helpless, threatened, under attack or guilty, if we are falsely humble and belittle ourselves, we're following the ego's thought system. In God's eyes we've always been perfect, powerful without end, and always will be - time being an illusion of course.

Oh, and don't worry if you can never tell another person about this thing you've got a hold of. It matters not. All you need to do is forgive yourself knowing that there is nothing to forgive! In Gods/divinity's/The Self's eyes you never did anything anyway.

the idea we can harm another or attack anyone or anything is an idea, nothing more. The idea stems from the belief in separate 'things' bumping blindly about with thier own agenda. If all the sages and Masters are correct and there is only 'I' or Oneness then how can any 'thing' attack any 'thing' else?

blame, judgement and attack/defence become a nonsense when the one recognises there is nothing outside of Us. These concepts depend on a supposed perpetrator and victim, neither of which exist in a separate sense.

the trick or the 'work' we have to do is to let go of these limiting thoughts and patterns and see through them. They have no reality if we choose to let them go.

According to the course there is only one problem(the idea of separation) and one solution(giving it up to the holy spirit/higher Self and seeing Union). We come up with all sort of different forms of 'problems', some of which we can let go of easily, some we hold onto like a dog with a mouldy old bone. In truth none are more or less real or important than any other.

Makes life easy, eh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved