Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MikeR Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anyone used their Paraliminal tapes with a Proteus Light/Sound machine?

I've just purchased a Proteus, but the manual is a little thin when it comes on using it with tapes.

Administrator
Administrator

MikeR, I found session 33 to be the most enjoyable to use with most of the paraliminals. Also check their site for the update pdf. They clarified some of the names of the sessions over what is in the manual. I also change what sessions I use from time to time makes using the paraliminals a new experience each time. I usually just select a session that is roughly the same lenght and compare the whether I want to go to deep theta or remain in a high alpha at the time.

Alex

I have the Personal Genius, Memory Supercharger and Automatic Pilot paraliminals and tend to use the 15 or 25 min Learning sessions with them. Never tried the Visualisation session, Alex, but I might give them a go now. :-)

If I want to use a paraliminal before sleep (so that I turn off the tape before Paul starts counting up) I'll use the Goodnight session, as that's the most effective sleep pattern for me.

I emailed LifeTools in the UK recently about their planned paraliminal sessions. They're supposed to be designing Mindlab sessions for each paraliminal tape but there have been some delays due to difficulties over exact interpretations.

I suppose if you know a bit about light and sound sessions you could design your own to go with certain paraliminals. I'm not confident enough in my knowledge of wave patterns and binaural beats to do it myself. If people on this list manage to design one that works, maybe we could all start swapping our own sessions?

I've used the Proteus editing software to make a couple of Photoreading sessions. The manual (p 28) suggests using Quick Work Break as a PR preparation session, and Regeneration before activation, but in both cases you're supposed to fade out the lights early before the cycle starts to go back up. I didn't want all that fuss so I just edited out the unwanted cycles and I now have two extra sessions:

50: Photoreading Prep 9 mins
51: Photoreading Activate 7 mins

ulysses. UK.

Administrator
Administrator

I was using the learning sessions too. Then I moved to the visualisation ones. Printed out the details of what they were cycling and thought that the visualisation ones were interesting. I think its 35 I was using I am without the device right now since my light glasses broke. My friend repairing them for me and making a second pair... proving to be tricky figuring out what polarity the leds are. So he using the proteus to figure out the signals. I'll get it back when he gets around to it lol.

He would have done it by now but is redrawing some PCBs at the moment. I happy with that since the second glasses are red and blue and saves me $250AUD and it would have costed me another $40AUD postage to have them sent back for repair. Next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I take it you are referring to the manual that was offered on lifetools UK site. I had to forgo it. Purchasing from lifetools here and in the UK would have costed me an additional $100AUD.

I found my notes anyway.
If I want to stay fairly alert with the sessions I use 13 or 14 (14 if I want binaural beats). If I want to stay consistantly close to theta, like before I go to sleep I use 24.

I like 33-35 best because they cycle all the brainwaves and usually leaves me feeling refresh and clear headed. 32 is well worth considering because it cycles from bordering beta - alpha to theta to deep alpha back to beta.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited August 30, 2002).]

I don't have a proteus yet, not sure whether to buy one. One question i have is won't the paraliminal tape and the brainwave program be out of sync if they are not meant for each other.

Administrator
Administrator

That's the beauty of paraliminals. They don't have any brainwave enhancement beats or waves. They just quieten you mind with Paul taking you down to a relaxed state of mind, the double voice and bit of music making it a pleasurable experience. They work well on their own probably because they don't try to push the mind to a level you don't want to experience at the time. With the proteus you can give them variety making them a new experience.

I myself have had some remarkable results using them with the proteus.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved