Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53814 03/30/06 08:53 PM
delacy Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi All,

I checked with coaching about this a few weeks ago, but now that I look more closely I am still in doubt.

Here is the problem. the out line of my house could be represented roughly by a square until you add the attached garage.

the garage sits on one side of the house and the garage is close to half again the length of the house, but not near as deep so it creates a missing area in front of the garage. Like a very chunky L shape with the garage being the top part of the long side of the L. i understand it to this point and have the perimeter drawn to include the garage.

The problem is two rooms that extend along the front of the house. (at the short end of the L shape) without the garage they are easily more than one third the lenght of the house.

But with the garage, they no longer fit the rule of one third the length or more. Yet they feel like part of the house, and of course the garage is just a garage.

i have the drawing now including them - making a lot more missing area, but it feels right. "by the book" these two rooms would be extensions. but only because the garage creates a longer wall on that side.

So even though these two rooms are more than one third the length of the house, they are not more than one third of the length of the house/garage.

I was told this was the correct perimeter - the larger outline including the protruding rooms. But I did not ask specifically about the one third rule at that time. I want to make double sure that I have it correct before working any more with the grid of my house!

Thank you!

Best,
d.

#53815 03/30/06 09:51 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha delacy,

Its tough to say without the measurements for that one.

Measure the lengths of the exteerior of the house/garage, put them on your layout, fax it in, and use a voucher for the personalized coaching.

Much Love, Shawn

#53816 03/30/06 11:35 PM
delacy Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you, Shawn - and i will fax that in. the reason i was trying the forum was i did already use a voucher for this - but now that I look more closely I still have a shade of doubt whether i have it correct.

I am working away at the basics/essentials - while at the same time peaking ahead to Diamond Time Feng Shui in level 3. I like being able to look at it all together, even though it is becoming clear how the foundation in the earlier part of the course is so important.

the more i work with this course, the more I like it! I first did some basic cleaning in the bedroom and home office - and did the activations (well, i got the 4 in the BR and success in the office done - then i got sidetracked) because I wanted to get the activations up, i used colored paper and printed out pictures. I cut out the paper in appropriate shapes. it is not the best look for interior design - but I will replace activations with pretty items as I find them.

getting the activations placed seems to be really helping me. I got my garage cleaned out! this is a chore that has weighed on me for several years - and now I have a beautiful open space with very few neatly stacked plastic boxes of what is left of the stuff.

another change is the color of the bedding. i kept something i didn't like just because it had been expensive. now it is a color that is good for both me and my spouse - and it feels so much better. the other was a weakening color for us (we have the same fortune element) I also got rid of the mirrors in the bedroom. at first this was a dilemma - but then suddenly i just did it. so i think putting the activation up supported making the other changes.

I also am enjoying my personal religious practice so much more since changing my altar location and design.

my success activation in my bedroom was to be queen of my own life! and it seems to be happening. i found a picture that I liked that represented a queen and also happened to have the colors and shapes that supported my success direction.

it does take some diligence to work through the steps of Diamond Feng Shui - there are parts of the essentials i am still working on... - but it really does work - my life is definitely flowing better and my home feels much better already.
and as i get past the first big tasks, it is becoming more light hearted and fun - rather than worrying about what to do.

good stuff!

Best,
d.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved