Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53821 04/02/06 05:32 AM
4space Offline OP
OP Offline

MD recommends using an ionizer. Would this be the best one to use?
http://www.negativeions.com

#53822 04/06/06 03:55 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha 4space,

The "Best?" I'm sure there are a lot of brands out there that would recomend their own.

You'll want to do some personal research on the web, consumer reports, etc. regarding this. I'm sure Marie has used a variety of them over time.

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn_Grim #53823 05/21/06 07:27 PM

Hi 4space

I think that ad may be having you on about being "the best", though I'm not 100% sure.

First, ions are ions: simply charged particles which can be stripped off elements other than oxygen. I'm suspicious of the claims for "oxygen ions", as once the ions are stripped, to the best of my knowledge, they no longer have anything to do with oxygen! And the bio-ingestible stuff is then meaningless.

Second, the different scales of the photos showing Elanra filaments (tiny)compared with the huge close-up scale of the degraded element, is suspicious. Why not show like with like? The recommended way to clean the filaments is use a soft clean toothbrush. The way to tell when it's got dirty is that you can't feel a cold sizzle when putting your hand very close.

Ionisers have been around for many years, made by many manufacturers. The only "best" ioniser is, to my knowledge, one that claims to shield the device so that it emits no electromagnetic field (EMF), but sorry I can't remember the manufacturer's name. It seems an academic issue to me, as these devices run off a minuscule current. The EMF is therefore also negligible. So you might as well look for the cheapest you can find!

Regards, Gabriela

Gabriela #53824 05/21/06 11:05 PM

I've had both a the home and portable Elrana ion widgets for 12 months. I travelled to the US from Australia with the portable strapped to my wrist last August in Zoo class. Only about one tenth of the jet lag I normally experience. I have not had a serious cold or flu since starting to use the product. At 63 these were becoming a problem. My hay fraver, while still there, is only a minor problem and I do not awake with congested nasal passages. These ionisers are registered medical devices in Australia. Joshua Shaw is a real character and very approachable. I don't know if the reaction is in my head or in the actions of the ionizer, but something is sure doing the job! (No I'm not a relative or shareholder!} I hope this helps.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved