Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jo Jo Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok, I see what your saying, and yes I have been doing that for along time. I wouldn't have got this far if I hadn't been objective and honest about a great many things.

To me that still don't explain miracles or how things manifest. I have expereinced great success in a lot of areas of my life, but I am interested in being excellent and living an extraordinary life. I shouldn't say I haven't expereinced no success, because I have, just not the miraculous success of watching my dreams unfold right before my eyes. I had once experienced it, but I have yet to reignite it. I am just trying to learn a system, Like pranic energy. Just a systematic way of turning desires into reality, and there is so much out there on it. I have yet to see a sure fire way. And yes there are no guarantees in life, but I work hard for my money and value my time, so I do want to make sure I do want to learn whats real, and how I can learn what other people have done to succeed.

[This message has been edited by Jo Jo (edited October 25, 2004).]

Babayada;

I don't believe I was pressing the idea of "anything fast". What I was pointing out is that things can be made alot easier, you feel alot better about doing them when the experience is filled with positive pleasant emotion. You still have to do the work but you don't have to feel the grunting, effort, miserable, victum type feelings.

You have control over the feelings in your experience. Jo Jo mentioned he was looking for something a little better than the feelings he is experiencing. You'll notice that when you feel alot more positive about things there are opportunities out there you never saw before.

So Babayada I challenge you to try this: Write a simple goal, something challenging but doable; spend the time visualizing it and pump a bunch of positive emotion into it until you feel that it is a done deal, you could do this with your eyes closed. It should be emotions that attract you or work well for you, not just a bunch of feelings that someone else thinks are good ones.

Fold up your paper, put it in an envelope and write "don't open for 1 year, date 10/25/05", seal it and then forget about it.

Now your mind is very literal so be very deliberate about what you want.

Open it next year and see what happened. Read what you wrote and see if you didn't get exactly what it was.

Alot of people like deadlines, I don't, I'd rather enjoy watching the wheels turn and get a quality experience.

The goal is the destination, the emotion is the fuel to get you there. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Jeff

Jeff,

Didn't mean to imply you were hawking goods or what not.

I agree with you 100% about that technique. I do it a lot, too. It's really, really neat.

Are you familiar with the Core Transformation thing the two loverly Andreas sisters (Tamara and Connirae) do? If not, you traverse different feelings, behaviors, beliefs, what have you down a chain of wants until you get to a core state. This core state is a really powerful motivator and has deep personal meaning.

At the NLP Comprehensive Practitioner seminar, they had us use that to motivate ourselves to learn and use whatever we learned to help us maintain that state. Basically, they anchored it into the course material. It was extremely powerful.

I think I am going to do what you suggested, though, it sounds like a fun twist.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited October 27, 2004).]

Hi Joe

You might want to seriously considered going to college.

As from it being an excellent spiritual path, requiring you to restrain your opinions until they are informed by the input of others, and so providing the basis of restraint that we acknowledge as being a human being and not an animal, but it also has teachings in spiritual acceptance as you come up against the limits of your abilities, discovering that some can in fact be broken through, in an arena where real life is at a slight remove.

Your strongly held opinion about college is probably accurate. Nevertheless, seriously consider it as a valid spritual path for you. I think you would uncover a great deal of resistance to your growth thereby.

Warmly,

Bard.

It is good "me" time if the curriculum allows you time to reflect.

Babayada;

Thanks for sharing the info on the Core Transformation. I am unfamiliar with it.
Honestly I didn't know what NLP was until a few months ago. But I'll look it over at the right time.

Jo Jo as far as education goes you really need to become a life long learner. The first piece of paper you get is always the hard one because it is uncharted territory for you. After that they progressively get easier and at some point they don't really matter, your work speaks for itself. When you're good at what you do that is what people pay you for.

Finding the right path for you is probably the tricky part so that it is enjoyable and profitable. Rather than college maybe a trade school or apprenticeship would be a better way to go. They are, many times, more valuable than a degree.

Find something you can sink your roots into and grow from there."Find the Feeling".

What I can tell you is that you have to find what makes you happy, sometimes you have to do something that doesn't make you happy when you're doing it but after hours or payday you can do that happiness thing.

I thought about money one time and realized that a few million wasn't really that much money so if I wanted to know if this goal thing really worked and positive emotion could fuel it, How about 100 million? Let's see if this stuff is any good. I wrote this down so I had control of it and tried to make it so I would have 100 million in my hands, I wrote it so it had to be right here in front of me, no tricks!

So what did I get? I got a 100 million dollar ship to take care of. Ask anyone on board and it's my ship. I got control, it's in my hands everyday, it actually was the best thing to happen. So for me it works. And I get to sleep well at night.

Took me a bit of looking at it to realize that it "Manifested" but it fit everything I wrote down.

Finding good feelings you resonant with are like finding good investments or good charities or good friends, they pay you many many dividends for giving them attention.

Like Magic

Jeff

Wow, Jeff. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Are you in the Navy?

Here's a suggestion --

A lot of times when we focus on big things, we are forgetting something: our ego (that part of us that contains our previous programs and is designed to keep us "safe") isn't ready to accept that yet. It may view great wealth as upsetting the status quo, and will come up with thoughts and unconscious behaviors to thwart your best efforts.

So it's important to keep your eye on the big picture, but start small. Start small enough so that your scarcity belief isn't triggered. Work gradually. I know that in this society, people often don't want to do this, but it's one of the main reasons people don't get what they want.

Since you work as a waiter, set a target for the amount of tips you want to earn in a day. If your best day is $150, then try to make $150 your minimum. Then expand from there -- try $200, then $300, then higher and higher.

Feel what it's like to have it. See it in your hand. And visualize the bills dwindling. Feel the excitement as you pay off your final Visa bill!

And when you're ready to open your new restaurant, I'd like an invitation, please.

Just as we all have different learning styles, it seems to me that we have different creating styles. I was working so hard at "visualizing" (my definition - seeing a picture) that I was missing the way that I naturally visualize - I first feel it in my beingness. I'm improving in being able to create the picture, hear the sounds, smell the smells - but what really comes natural to me is a feeling, an awareness, a knowing of what it is to have/be what I'm visualizing.

Perhaps it might be helpful for you to consider any situation in your life, relax and go within to explore . . . notice what happens first . . . do you see, feel, hear . . . whatever come first and strongest for you. Then don't second guess it as the right or wrong way to visualize - use it as a starting place for your visualization, and if you choose, begin to stregnthen the others with exploration and practice.

Isn't it neat that we are all such individuals, and that nothing is wrong if it works for you?

Blessings,
Jenny

An afterthought . . . I support your exploring different modalities and belief systems - lots of possibilities. While sometimes it may feel (or look to others) like fliting about like a butterfly, I feel it allows me to express my freedon of choice and choose from any what works for me, rather than buying into the whole of it - even if I don't agree with it all. As I do this, I am creating my own special program - the one that works for me - and possibly only me.

Differen't strokes for different folks, huh? :-) Jenny

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved