Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Those are very important distinctions, Jenny.

It can be really subtle.

As I was reading what you wrote, it struck a chord with me (aha! another rep system). I sometimes find trying to visualize consciously very upsetting.

After a while of analyzing this and playing around, I found that I tend to visualize automatically very quickly and very, it seems, dimly. I am mostly unconscious of these sorts of images, and they have a direct tie to my feelings. That is, I'll pretty much experience in an associated fashion whatever I visualize like that.

When you said that you visizualize more by feeling, in a way, I said, "Hey, that sounds like me!"

Babayada;

To answer your question I am a Marine Engineer, I started off in the Navy many years ago then went to the civilian Merchant Marines.

It has pretty much been demonstrated to me that alot of creating is started with a feeling. When you release you feel the feeling, when you want to create you feel what it would be like and then the other perceptions come into play. It would make sense than that Feeling would probably be the most dominate sense in creating.

When you make a goal and add all the positive emotions to it that is what activates it.

I don't really agree with starting small. I think you should find that level where you have something vested in what you are doing and you have to make it work.

To paper trade the stock market will put you to sleep if you have nothing in it. Win or Lose you don't really have a connection to it. If you have a few bucks in there, it is amazing how much more you pay attention to it.

The same with your goals, have enough emotion invested there to keep you really interested and having fun, or you won't really care win or lose.

I do alot of things from an engineers viewpoint just to see if it will work. Somethings work on their own and somethings require the skill of an artisan to truely be a piece of art.

Sometimes you have to just sit down and figure out what works for you.

Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:
Jeff,

Sounds like you're describing the anything fast system that was discussed elsewhere.
http://www.getanythingfast.com

Where else has this been discussed? the website is interesting, but I'd like to see what other people have thought of this.

Thanks,

Jodi

JoJo

You first see it growing in you as a microscopic dot... then growing from you... then you reach for it, in you, and out of, and from within it, all three symultaneously... Best not be harboring any nasty fears for this process, because fears can also manifest, and hurt you real bad...
Should you accidentally trigger a manifest fear, explode the whole thought bubble immediately... then rush to invite your most sensitive friends to visit that room asap, and you will be totally amazed at their comments... Let them all try to figure it out, and definately record what they say...

In essence what you are doing is playing "god"... which is not a negative... It's in us to develop and use to enhance and grow our life into the more we are capable of...

Many thanks for this link to the get anything fast discussion. It's interesting but I don't think I'll bite just yet!

Jodi

I hear you.

Honestly, it's really just a combination of anchoring positive memories of success to a goal and then going through a 6-step reframing type process with your goal ... if you're familiar with NLP.

So not hugely different from AFL.
I think the secret is to choose a personal growth product you like and commit to that. I don't think there are really any quick solutions. Of course I've had to spend a lot of money to find this out!

Jodi

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:
I hear you.

Honestly, it's really just a combination of anchoring positive memories of success to a goal and then going through a 6-step reframing type process with your goal ... if you're familiar with NLP.

I want to be that leader in my families life, that accomplishes the unimaginable. Please help. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have a great story about accomplishing the unimaginable.

My daughter, Erin, graduated high school 3rd from the bottom in her class. It was a close run thing as to whether they were going to let her graduate her grades were so low and her attendance so poor. After high school, she worked for a year at a hot dog stand in Boulder Co. -- dressing up like a hot dog 2 days a week -- while her twin sister and brother attended CU. After a year, she was very discouraged. She wanted some kind of training that would help her do more then "work in food service" the rest of her life. Investing in a $600. cram course called the Princeton Review and studying with private tutors, she took the SAT. Her combined score was just enough to get her admitted ON PROBATION to the Savannah College of Art and Design.

At the end of her first semester, she called me in tears, wailing about how she thought she was doing so well but had ended up on "THE LIST". Trying to make sense through the sobs, I finally got her to tell me the name of the dreaded list causing so much sorrow. It was the Dean's List. Erin, who struggled to get a C in high school, was being honored for Academic achievement. When I explained the significance of her being named to the dean's list, she squealed with delight and ping-ponged with joy all over her dorm room. The rest of Erin's story continues to unfold with high achievement, excellent financial rewards and a life that is magical.

At the end of her Sophomore year at SCAD, Erin was hired by W magazine in NYC as a fashion assistant. At 20 and leaving for her first international photo shoot, she called so excited to be going to Greece. When I enquired where in Greece, she told me, "Rome". It took some convincing but finally she understood what most 6 graders know -- that Rome is located in Italy not Greece. [Her family nickname became Error after that mistake]

After a year and a half at W, she was hired by Elle Magazine, where she became a fashion editor and the celebrity lifestyle stylist. She handled a significant number of their celebrity photo-shoots. Since then she has been recognized as the best "lifestyle stylist" in the fashion industry. She left Elle a year ago to become the Lifestyle director for prominent couture designer in NYC. In addition to her fashion stylings, she has opened two retail outlets in Beverly Hills, oversees the store in London and designed part of the men's fashion line.

Recently she was feeling a little down after making a mistake which cost the Company about $40K and, in her words, got her "reamed" by the CEO. Manifesting out of the blues, she wound up representing the Company at a book promotion attended by the Glitterati of New York. Flashbulbs in her face all night, she renewed acquaintances with Fashionistas and Celibrities and was photographed to appear, arm and arm, in 2 national magazines.

She is 27 years old and is personal friends with more then a few celebrities, super-models and fashion icons. Erin has become her own fairy godmother, maninfesting her way from a hot dog stand in Colorado to a life of excitement and rewards in her chosen field.

tweet tweet

catbyrd

That's awesome, Catbyrd.

You must be very proud.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved