Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#10208 11/23/04 06:31 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

shireena,

When we do open to the flow of Abundance things to seem to start happening as if by devine plan.

However to open we need to get ourselves out of the way of that flow.

One thing that I found helped me most profoundly is the Inquiry Process and the Feeling Exercise, nothing more on my part was required.

I like you have gone through the steps of trying to do what is necessary to get the ball rolling. You know what worked? The Inquiry Process and Feeling Exercise.

I've not been successful in getting my promotional material out. One delay after another. Never the less the business is going ahead on it's own. My family is awestruck with the knowledge that I haven't marketed my skills and yet I am in business. It's just landed in my lap. It is surreal the way it is unfolding.

My brother like you is struggling to sell something that everyone wants, has marketing material and is doing all the right stuff except his thus far leads are dead ends.

All I did is the Feeling Exercise (Plenty of opportunity when a program decides to have a fatal error on the last save) Or you spend 3 months waiting for an insurance quote, get dropped from the mentoring program because of it and then have your pay packet wiped out as a result. All this required me to do considerable rethinking of my approach.

I did inquiry processes on people telling me I have to have this insurance, or have to do that, so that people will find my business or I if I don't get this done... and I did the Feeling Exercise a lot. Especially when I felt like I was deceived or cheated by events, marketing and red tape that is by them out there.

Why did I bother? Because those moments of doing the Feeling Exercise I began to realise where the power is. Blaming and especially staying in blaming, at what is out there, what they are doing, is simply giving my power away.

What else have I learned and am still learning. Responsability. I want it, I don't care what 'they did'. They can never ever compensate me for their action, I choose not to be a victum and the only way one can stop being a victum of circumstances is by taking responsability.

Responsability isn't about taking blame for what others have done. It's about deciding you want to respond - with -ability and by doing the Inquiry Process and Feeling Exercise I've uncovered there are better ways to respond, better courses of action.

shireena, I know you find the advertising objectionable and it saddens me that you allow it to disempower you and most of all allow it take your focus off your goal of selling your work to the person/s who would most appreciate it. That is why I asked you to do an Inquiry Process. Please give it a go.

Alex

#10209 11/25/04 10:49 PM

Carol,

The 1984 movie "Amadeus" comes to mind....
do you remember Antonio Salieri ??

Seriously, I have recently come accross a great book that fills in the blanks that may be missing after completing the AFL course. This might shine some light on where your are possibly going wrong.

The book is The 11th Element by Bob Scheinfeld.

This book explains clearly why some things don't manifest and has really helped me with understanding the AFL course.

I'm not saying one is better than the other but I like to have more than one source - that way you get the common ingredients which are more likely to be true.

Maybe your experience is teaching you a lesson. Or maybe you are just Salieri

ONLY KIDDING !

Mark.

#10210 11/25/04 10:59 PM

Spooky.

Mark-11 wrote the 11th reply in this thread and recommended the book "The 11th Element" in the reply.

I promose this was not engineered. I only just noticed it!!

#10211 12/17/04 06:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shireena:
Here is EXACT wording from the promotional material. . .

"The secrets to having the things you want miraculously appear"

Doesn't this exact verbage encourage and claims that sound remarkably like magical thinking????

It is very interesting how "magical things" do happen when practicing the feeling exercise and meditating. At first I begin to see magical coincidences, but they aren't always exactly leading to an abundance that I need such as money...or could they be but I do not see far enough to know. For me I am deciding to follow these coincidences with faith and see where they go. I am also interested in the 11th element book. Maybe there is some distinction that I am not yet aware of that can help.

I recommend anyone who has the course to at minimum do the feeling exercise often and just notice how your environment changes.

#10212 12/30/04 06:54 AM

I am new to this forum, just read through all of the posts responding to the reality check, and I want to say how much I appreciate the various voices and the encouragement to just practice the Feeling exercise and Inquiry Process. I've been immobilized the last couple of days afraid to move forward and can't go back - I will continue to work with the materials and practice. thank you all

#10213 01/02/05 01:58 AM

Shireena, thanks for posting such a rich couple of topics. Plenty of good marketing material out there if that's all you are interested in.

I'm disappointed in the LSC marketing also but feel that "wading" through the hype is just part of "separating the wheat from the chaff." Besides they give a money back guarantee and they honor it. I've used it.

LSC has been an important part of my growth and development over the years and I all I need to ask myself is if the course they are selling is worth the time/effort/money for me at this stage of my development. Sometimes it is and sometimes it is not.

LSC materials have enormous value, but need not be presented as the lazy man's answer to getting one up on the universe, or multiverse if you prefer. They are tools, power-full and wonder-full tools. I wish they were presented in that light.

Tools are only as good as the person using them. Put your paint brushes in my hands and you'd get something that may look like slop but maybe not. I can just hear the NLPers out there going, "limiting belief." <grin>

But back to you ... yes there is some work involved in reconfiguring the direction of your life. There need not be struggle, strain, and strife. As Alex said, we merely need to get out of our own way and I'll add, get clear on what we want.

Sometimes life has a plan and a destiny for us that we are unaware of at the time. It's like a tapestry we only see the backside of with the knots and imperfections. Only later do we get to go around to the front and appreciate the beauty and perfection of what we have been involved in.

So what is it you want? To sell paintings? You've obviously got the chops to knock off copies of some of the greatest painters of all time. Must mean you have talent.

Maybe you should consider doing your own paintings? Add your original voice and creative talents to the technique you have obviously mastered.

Could this be what you have to offer? Maybe the world doesn't need another copy but yearns for your unique vision. What is there that is worth painting?

I wish for "magic" for you!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved