Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thx Alex.

Hi All,

Thanks Pete your posting cleared up my thinking and clarified what I actually wanted to say.

Abundance in my opinion of course has to materialize itself in one form or other.
e.g. Money, health, good business decision
(which is money again), rewarding relationships etc.

Example: When I have access to a friends Ferrari or Yacht that is certainly a material manifestation of abundance.

If there nothing more then a good feeling that feeling won't last anyway. Many new age fans have nothing to show for but "good feelings".
That feeling will disappeare in time and the underlying negativity will come back.

Cheers,

Thanks for the wonderful post Pete. I do have a question about your comment:
"I just purchased a piece of crystal for $4,000 that I can turn around and sell for $38,000."

May I ask how? I can purchase and send you some crystals (just let me know which ones), and maybe we can split the profit 50/50? 60/40? I'm serious. I can earn some extra cash for future retreats.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

: )

No, I'm not in the crystal business. I simply bought well. I got it because it was beautiful, and I new underpriced. Well, I soon learned that I could sell it to a dealer for $9 to $10 who will sell it to a store for $20 who will sell it for $40. I've since seen pieces priced in the $30 to $40 range that were not of the quality or beauty of mine. In two days I could sell it for $9; in two months $38. But it is not for sale, but is there in case I need it in retirement!

I was with Hale Dwoskin of The Sedona Method and his wife, Amy. The interesting thing is that we then drove to the other side of town to look for a tabletop for their patio. We saw a dirty piece of labradorite outside of a stone plant and just stood there in awe. It was beautiful as well as the perfect size and color to be used as a base for my crystal. So, within 30 minutes of buying the first piece, I got the second piece. The universe provided!

We use the crystal as the centerpiece for the Diamond Feng Shui Retreat this past February. We're not going to talk about the crystal in the self-study were producing, but if you get the course, be sure to ask me about the crystal. I'll tell how and why it was so perfect for the Retreat.

Maybe it's my coarse, bottom-line intellect, but the course promises "Everything you ask for will start coming to you," not unlike the biblica "Ask and you shall receive...." So the question to ask is, "Is what he is after coming to him?" If so, the methods are working. If not, they aren't. Seems pretty simple. Sure, it's easy to make yourself *feel* different, but that really isn't the same thing. Feeling better doesn't pay the bills. Money in the bank does.

If I'm skeptical, it's because I've been working with Photoreading for some time now without noticeable results, at least nothing beyond what standard multi-pass speedreading provides.

Frodo02,

I too agree with you that there has to be a physical manifestation of abundance to give one the confidence that it is working. I am sure it is not sensible or prudent to have blind faith in anything (after having given it sufficient time and 'effort', if that is the right word

I think along with the good feelings, and the associated good energy, vibrations, etc, some form of action has to be intitiated, otherwise how can anything happen?

This is something that the course does not address: concrete guidelines, steps one can take to physically manifest the various forms of abundance one may desire, such as financial, or relationships ...

Does anyone, including Paul Scheele, have anything say about these concerns?

I am finding this thread very interesting to follow. About 15 years ago, I went thru a horrible divorce and lost my house. About that time, I discovered Tony Robbins material. I bought his Personal Power tapes, even tho I could barely afford to live. The tapes talked about how Tony used the methods to move from his 400 square foot apartment, into a castle on the ocean. I went thru the program many times. I know that some people used the methods and they really worked for them. Did they work for me? My life gradually improved. Would it have anyway? Probably. Why do these things appear to work for some and not others? I don't know. I do feel that the LSC does have better programs than alot of the stuff out there. I would love to see this discussion continue!

Newseek on the self-improvement industry:
http://www.cesnur.org/testi/NextAge_newsweek.htm

Clearly *someone's* getting rich...but whether it's the self-help customers' lives that are being turned around isn't really explored.

It seems fairly obvious to me that to achieve the kind of financial wealth these people promise, you have to have something to offer that lots of people are going to pay good money for...and how many people really have that? There are plenty of talented artists across the disciplines, for instance, producing fine work and who "believe in themselves" but who don't achieve financial success. Sure, you need confidence--and the self-improvement literature can help you get it--but you need much, much more than that. If you are a confident mediocrity, the competition is still fierce and the cards are still stacked against you. Despite what the industry promises, let's face it, not everyone is exceptional.

[This message has been edited by jl3goat (edited July 06, 2005).]

Hi Pete,

Actually I was at the FS retreat in Feb and the crystal at the center of the hall with other decorations looked awesome. I took a number of pictures too. It's funny where you find things.

I would certainly like to know more about the crystal. Please feel free to let me know whenever you have some time.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Hi,

I think its very naive for anyone to think that they could purchase AFL and subsequently have millions flowing to them as a result. The abundance manifesting techniques explained in AFL are essentially age old spiritual techniques in a modern wrapper. AFL is not a get rich quick scheme – even though the advertising material may have implied this. Surely this is obvious?

I for one really enjoyed listening to the course and I might add have experienced additional unexpected financial abundance. From my experience if you want financial abundance (or any kind of abundance), simply make a clear intention in your mind, hold it for a few minutes, then just forget about it and watch what happens. I’ve studied a number of sources on the subject and this, as far as I can see, is the simple common factor.

Whilst we’re on the subject of financial abundance (and I hope this doesn’t sound too patronising), the Indian guru Swami Muktananda, upon arriving in America for the first time, stood in the airport and said: "They live in paradise, yet they will never know it." Yes, everyone who is in a position to be able to log onto this forum is vastly financially richer than the majority of the world – so you already have financial abundance even if you think you don’t.

Mark.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved