Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#10508 06/27/05 01:50 PM
bubbly5 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi this is bubbles all my life I have been told that I look timid making it hard for people to be around me . It pains me that folks are uncomfortable. I am a friendly person I am a sweet and caring person. the only thing that seems to bother people are my looks (facial expressions). I admit sometimes I get uncomfortable around certain crowds or I walk by a group and I would look timid. I try to stop but it seems to get worse the sad thing is I am 26 years old with a daughter that is 7. I've been this way since grade school. I am very reserved and stand- offish. It hurts to feel rejected and hated not because you are mean but how you look what am I to do. What would you do?

#10509 06/27/05 02:54 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I would use the Paraliminals, Instantaneous Personal Magnetism, Self-Esteem Supercharger and New Habit Generator and if that isn't enough add Belief to the toolbox.

There are other Paraliminals that come to mind to help you change. It's possible given your desire and you don't even need to try, just relax into the listening session with your purpose for listening in mind.

Alex

#10510 06/28/05 11:07 AM

hi you might try this once a day is fine.. in the morning, yet if you can do it a few times a day thats all the better, stand in front of the mirror just for a little time, look into your own eyes, till it feels recomfortable, now change your posture, and make your self look strong and tall, keep looking at your eyes while you do this, and do it so you get a good sense, yourself standing tall. say some nice things to your self, in a strong powerful voice, in your head.. now think about being this strong, when your walking about your home, feel how being this way makes you feel good, make any adjustments then you feel would help. and look at your self in the morrior, smile say say something like this day is my day.

the more you do this the better it gets.. using the mirror creates a pssitive association to your self, also if you see a refection of your self anywhere it will make your brain thiank of the possitive stuff you have just done.. with paraliminals too.. you have a good start. that can only get better.

[This message has been edited by Theone (edited June 28, 2005).]

#10511 07/06/05 11:56 PM

Good question, and definitely possible to overcome. When I was around your age, a little younger, I was painfully shy, and people often mistook my silence as disapproval (and often didn't!). I still tend to be reserved in strange company, but can easily turn it on and off as necessary...and I'm sure that if I could get past it, you can too.

I don't know anything about the paraliminals Alex recommended, but one thing you can do to start with that won't cost you anything is to make a point of greeting people you meet with a *little* more effervescence than they are accustomed to, and that you are used to offering. For instance, if a cashier greets you with a token and disinterested hello, instead of just saying "Hi" back, say, with enthusiasm, "Hey, how ya doing?" When a waiter or waitress comes to your table, say "Hey, how's your day going?"

Practice assuming a more open posture when you walk or sit. Instead of having your head down, shoulders drawn in like you're waiting to be struck, force yourself to keep your head up...and maybe take up a little more room than necessary. (If you were a guy, I'd advise you to maintain eye contact with people for a second or two longer than necessary, but if you do this to guys, they might get the wrong idea--it doesn't take much for us to get the wrong idea.) Once this is easy, give yourself something a little more challenging to do...extend your comments a little. Ask people questions in an assertive and friendly manner. Do everything in baby steps.

Paul McKenna has a book out called "Change Your Life in Seven Days," and it has a good exercise in it in which you visualize your "authentic self"--the person you believe yourself to be, and want to be--as clearly and colorfully as possible and then step into that persona, until you feel, viscerally, the qualities of that self in you...and do it every day. I recommend reading that book for a full description. Maybe your library has it.

And, of course, realize that people aren't naturally disposed to think you are a foolish, laughable figure of fun. Unless you beat small animals and pass gas in elevators, people will be predisposed to think well of you, and those few who don't will certainly have their own problems that give them their churlish disposition. You have as much right to take up space as they do, and as much right to act as though you know it.

#10512 07/07/05 01:29 AM

Bubbly5,

The Mace Method can certainly help quickly to overcome your problems.
http://mental-imagery.com

Cheers,

#10513 07/09/05 11:00 AM

Hi

Has anyone had an experience with the Mace Method. I have tried to contact to find out more but no reply.

Cheers

#10514 07/10/05 02:39 AM

Eugene,

Yes, I have. I am also a practitioner of the Mace Method.

I suggest to contact Dr. Mace via email.

Let me know if this doe not work.

Cheers,

[This message has been edited by Frodo02 (edited July 10, 2005).]

#10515 07/15/05 01:46 PM

Hi Frodo02
(and anyone else who cares to answer)

Firstly, could you explain briefly what exactly the Mace Method is? I have researched the web page but it gives no real indication of the approach/practice or what the method involves.

Secondly is it effective: how quickly can it work; is it easy to learn; is it easy to get to the core or root of problems?

Thirdly, have you any experience with the Sedona Method? This is something I have been looking into recently. Is there any overlap here? If you are an experienced Sedona Method releaser, can you state how one method compares to another?

I am interested in the Mace Method but before I shed out more money on yet another "Eliminate Negativity, Stress, Depression, Emotional and Relationship Problems" method, I would like some feedback from someone who has tried and tested it.

Many Thanks
Eugene

#10516 07/17/05 10:36 PM

Eugene,

1) The Mace Method a fast and cheap way to remove unwanted problems even
traumatic experience. There is no digging into negative past experience so
there is no emotional pain involved.
The Method can only performed with a practitioner. The cost for a session
is Australian $ 60.00 per hour. For most cases there is only one session
required.
The processing can be easily done via phone. Refer to the book for more
Information.

2) The method is very quick and very effective.

3) Yes, if done the Sedona Method. It is a good tech but cannot be compared
with the Mace Method. Both have there merits.

Hope this helps. Select one problem you want to solve and give it a try.

Cheers,

#10517 10/05/05 03:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frodo02:
Hi Frodo ,

I am alvin from singapore. I am training uder Dr. John Mace and am wondering how paraliminals(I have some) works well with The mace method. You see I ask him and told me that most people will give up other methods after completing his training etc.

How are your experience?
Regards
ALvin(Singapore)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved