Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by liuaki_F:

yeah society might collapse, it might also take on a different dirrection, it doesnt have to go downward.

Good point. Maybe the sanitation worker will have an epiphany and engineer a robotic sewer cleaning device. And when robots evolve intelligence/emotions, someone can sell them the AFL for another leap in societal evolution.

quote:

If you find it hard to see how negative you are towards alot of things, then I think this AFL is a bit too much for you... even thou its designed for averyone.

Good point. Sorry for being an AFL idiot.

quote:

.. untill then dont share with us your generalisation on how the world will turn out and especially how people will feel because you dont know, they are your assumptions based on references from your past, which is filled with negativity, its written all over everything you have written up on this forum.if you disagree, I can understand, nobody likes to be told they are wrong which is not my intentions here, I want you to see that your percption of the world and how people will feel given a certain situation is not the only one and that there is that possibility that you could be wrong..

Please forgive me for upsetting your delicate AFL balance. I can see that I'm just too idiotic to understand it.

quote:

I would focus on me first instead of worrying about the whole world at first. Thinking too much about how everyone is/would be experiencing the world wont do you much good, Focus your enerygy on how YOU are feeling right now and how YOU would like to feel therefore experiencee this world.. work on yourself and stop refering to others, those are just exuses to justify why you havent being working on yourself or why you havent got the result your after..

In the higher view of the universe, there is no "you" and "me". There is only One. If AFL were congruent with that philosophy, it would be made free to all. As it is, a tinge of hypocrisy exists.

But thanks for the chastisement. I hope "you" will be abundant in all "you" do.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by gwhutton:

Hartree, How do you know that the people working those "have to" jobs aren't ecstatic because otherwise they'd be living in a cardboard box in an alley?

Good point. It's very soothing to see a garbage person and tell myself that he's ecstatic taking away my garbage as his life's calling. Nice.

quote:

Personally, (And this is just me) I find it very condacending and arrogant to assume that I know anything about the reasons and beliefs and life situations of people I've never met....
Again, thats just me.

Forgive me for my arrogance and condacension. The next time I see the septic-tank technician, I'll remind myself he's thrilled to be fulfulling his life's mission managing the waste of his masters.

quote:

And that is all you need to know.

I'm very happy to hear you're very happy with paying half-a-grand for this wisdom. LSC is very happy, too.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by lisa:

Maybe with an ALL enlightened world we would not need worker ants for those low jobs as these low jobs would be obsolete?

Awesome point. Thanks.

quote:

As you can see, I'm going way beyond just more money for more leisure life and things. In my opinion if every one was enlightened then you’re right - it WOULD be a truly different world - a world I cannot really get a grasp of as I just don't know but I choose to believe that it would be better - much better - not an awful collapse into nothingness or chaos and neediness.

Actually, I think if that happened, society would eventually become restored to the more pristine, "primitive" societies, some of which are still in existance today, for example, the Indonesian Java island tribes, etc. I think as a whole, people in those societies are much happier than the average person in the industrialized, modern nations.

Money and wealth separate the populous. They create classes which are entirely human constructs. Those with money become masters; those without it becomes slaves. Happy slaves are still slaves. And slaves strive to become masters, while masters (most of them anyway), strive to keep slaves around.

Communism began as a desire to equalize all people. Hence the appeal of communes today. Capitalism dominates the world economies, however, because human nature is based on greed and insecurity. History has shown capitalism works, while communism doesn't, but it's a sad commentary on human nature, not a triumph.

After all, the machinery behind getting AFL into your hands is based on capitalism. If AFL really wanted to help all people become enlightened equally, it would be given away freely. Let's face it ... it has probably already earned back its production cost many times over. And yet, it's still prohibitavely expensive to the vast majority of the worker-ant-slaves in society.

quote:

For the sake of baby steps so to speak: If you choose to see it simply as another trance - then which trance would you rather be in ????

As long as we agree it's another trance. Paul makes it sound like we're waking up from a trance into "reality," but I think more objectively, it's just replacing a non-functional trance into a functional one. I'm not sure we're mature enough as a society to REALLY wake up from all trances, because doing so would require changing the foundations of our modern society and re-inventing it from the ground up. No one really wants to do that.

quote:

Love and light,
Lisa

To you, too.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:

Abundance isn't only money. It is being able to appreciate what life has to offer. Permitting yourself to feel and express your joy as you go about your "work". You can feel rich standing on a beach watching a golden sunset and children build water channels racing against the waves. And all you have is one penny in your pocket.

Believe me, those magical moments happen 1000x1000 times more often to those with only one penny to their net-worth statement, than those who have a few Mils+ in their banks. And the former didn't have to dish out 52,500 red pennies to realize it.

AH - I just had an ah-ha moment ... I suddenly realized why AFL is priced out of the reach of the vast majority of the population, so that only the rich can afford it! The reason is because the REAL target of the AFL program is those who are already miserably rich, who can't find happiness in all their dough. They have to pay to learn what the poor already know naturally!

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Since your posts reflect what make you happy and direction you want to take.

By the way learning the way of a Abundance for life is free. Learning Strategies just created a course that allows you to learn it faster. Life will teach you what you are willing to learn for free.

Alex

hartreefoch,
what is it thats really bothering you? youve got some heavy issues. Is it because you havent got the results you were expecting out of the course and now you are looking for something to put the blame on so youve come up with all these idiotic ideas to put down LSC. You think your so smart and yet you cant even understand what the whole AFL concept is all about. these trances that Paul.S talks about in the AFL it is used as an example for you to understand the it totally. Everybody knows what a trance is so everyone can relate this material to it. Whether you are really in a trance or not is irrelevent, its about what works congruently between the two worlds, the physical world and the world inside your head. Paul is showing you what has been happening and will continue to do so with or without you, how the two worlds compromises and works with eachother and how you can use it to your benefit at a conscious level (at will)
You said yourself that its waking up from a non-functioning trance to a functioning trance, wouldnt you rather a trance thats functioning well? you are only making it hard for yourself to learn and accept the whole concept.
Can you think of another way to better explain the context in AFL so that others would understand it, Paul has done a fantastic job with the presentation of AFL and if you dont appreciate that, then its clear that you dont understand fully what he has done.
This course has worked for others and is working for alot of people, some at first see a change and some dont but they are persistant with it, they keep at it and they eventually see what they are after it might be something little but they feed feeling and it gets bigger. how can you make this course work for you? CAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOUVE GOT NO BENEFITS OUT OF IT. Your ideas and beliefs from your past is stopping you, question it. these are stop signs that we created to keep us in our comfort zone, to protect us from possible harm that might come our way if we decided to step out of our comfort zone.
Besides what you think what LSC is about, raoting people by putting high prices on it or its only targeting the rich or whatever your conclusion is about LSC, just put that aside for now and tell me this, do you agree with the concepts presented on AFL? forget about everyone else for now, forget everyone on this forum, Lisa, Alex, myself and anyone else whose having a go at your opinion. forget who is presenting the material to you.forget Paul and Bobbie and everyone that help put it all together for you, do you agee with the concept? or do you think that it works differently? if so then how would it work? I mean how will you manifest what you want if the concepts on AFL does not apply to the real world?

Hi . I could not help thinking about the responses to avoiding prosperity posted here:

hartreefoch posted:
Good point. It's very soothing to see a garbage person and tell myself that he's ecstatic taking away my garbage as his life's calling. Nice.

gwhutton responded:

Personally, (And this is just me) I find it very condacending and arrogant to assume that I know anything about the reasons and beliefs and life situations of people I've never met....
Again, thats just me.

--------------------------------------------------------and then hartreefoch responded:

Forgive me for my arrogance and condacension. The next time I see the septic-tank technician, I'll remind myself he's thrilled to be fulfulling his life's mission managing the waste of his masters.

------------------------------------------------------
I am Raleigh. I empathize with hartreefoch completely! I thought about the concept before I decided to post this. I was laughing inside, as I went through this type of negative thinking, during the 1960s hippy revolution. Consider the fact that LSC allows many of us to live up to more of our potentials and follow our inner bliss--- Does that mean the "unfortunate" people out there who do not buy into LSC and choose instead to do different things to find bliss; such as collecting garbage,-- suffer??!!
I contend that they may be happier than those of us who require much creative academic challenge to be happy. We must appreciate people have different learning styles and different values in life than we do.

I began observing people in tradees/professions that do not utilize verbal, creative, literary, and analytical skills. I notice that many people in those trades/professions are very uncomfortable doing things like writing, reading, verbalizing, and seeking conflict resolutions for a living or even engaging in such things at all, in their personal time. They eschew the activities that most of the people who post here, thrive off of.

The fact that LSC has helped me explore my inner genius and find fulfillment should not make me feel guilty that the guys who love emptying garbage are unhappy. How can I assume what makes another man happy or unhappy?

When I was in college in the late 1970s, I remember the "hippies" at the time rebelled at the grading curve system. They felt that striving for As to be happy, inevitably meant there was eventual unhappiness for the people who had to get Ds and Fs. I actually started feeling guilty about studying hard , during that time period, and I can empathize and relate to what is being brought up on this post.

I have come to learn that those who get Ds and Fs went on to do great things . E..g. Rich Dad Poor Dad, author Robert T Kiyosaki did not do well in academia, but went on to prosper spiritually and economically in the investment world.

In my opinion, if you find your bliss, embrace it and do not feel guilty. Be there for people who ask for help and be available for the people who request to learn from you. However, do not assume, that everyone else is sufferring because you are succeeding at what you value as an individual. One man's meat may be another man's poison. One man's poison ( e.g. collecting garbage from the masses) could be another man's treasured occupation.

One day , hartreefoch, you will be laughing about this, although I know now you are probably not laughing. I was once there; been there, done that.
I held myself back for the wrong reasons, and did not live up to my potential. Please don't make the same mistake that I did.

Raleigh

[This message has been edited by raleigh199 (edited March 22, 2006).]

OP Offline

Raleigh,

Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate your viewpoint, as well as everyone who responded.

Well, I just deleted a lengthy reply / rebuttal.

Instead, I've decided that I should channel that energy into manifesting abundance in my life, and take your advice about not worrying about the apparent contradiction in the unfairness which it seems would be the logical result.

You're right - who am I to question the fairness of the universe? If AFL philosophies make my life full of abundance, then I'm sure the message will in the right time spread to all those who are receptive to it, including the garbage man. I'll not fret anymore over all the rational ramifications and just be grateful enough to enjoy the abundance which enters my life.

Thanks to all again! Abundance to all

OP Offline

Actually, the other day, I was watching the Discovery Channel and a program called "Dirty Jobs" which examines all the really dirty jobs people do to make our civilization possible. Mike Rowe, the host, asked one person who's profession it was to clean out sewage disasters (such as when the city sewer backs up into someone's basement ... YUCK!) why he chose to stay in this line of work, and his response was really impressive: he explained that a few years back, he experienced the same sewage disaster in his own home, and was affected by it so deeply that he wanted to spend his time helping others in that situation. So, he now he's got a job cleaning up sewage disasters, and it's very fulfiling to him. What a guy!

Anyway, the show is quite entertaining, and all the folks who do the dirty jobs in our society seem very happy, at least on the TV show. I guess I've just been brainwashed by my parents who raised me with threats such as, if you don't do well in school, you'll wind up a garbage man, etc. Oh well. Hmm ... maybe a job in sanitation engineering would be quite fun and satisfying after all, hee hee

I can't help responding to this discussion...

You see, I am a sanitation engineer! I'm in research, but believe mee, I have seen it tasted it, showered with it (!!!) etc. And it's OK. It's teh perfect job for me, I enjoy it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved