Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10741 02/16/06 09:06 PM
OP Offline

Hi,

I tried the feelings and inquiry exercises, as well as listened to the paralims all week. But, where's the overwhelming joy and energy that should result? To be totally honest, I feel just the same as always, which, of course, I'm learning not to judge and label. But I envy those who seem to be able to experience being on cloud 9 all the time. It seems I would have to rely on external substances if I wanted to feel that blissful all the time.

#10742 02/20/06 08:43 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

To try means that you expected failure all along. You need to keep doing the Feeling Exercise. It needs to become habit if you want to feel higher and lighter. All the time? You are the captain of your emotions it does require you make the choice whether you allow something to take you down or not. That's where the feeling exercise helps.

Paraliminals without intent take longer to produce results. Being on cloud nine is rather abstract. Focus on things you can do not things outside of you.

You've spent a lifetime learning to experience life as you experience it, to suddenly have perfect bliss after one week of effort to change how you see your experiences is not something you are ready for otherwise you would have it. Joy and bliss is how you look at your life.

It takes 21 to 30-days to build a new habit. So keep doing the Feeling Exercise up to 30 times a day if necessary.

Alex

#10743 02/20/06 05:00 PM
OP Offline

Thanks, Alex,

I'm starting to wonder, though, whether being on cloud 9 all the time is what's real, or whether it is the ultimate anaesthesia to what is real. I mean, I do certainly appreciate the AFL philosophy of trance-breaking (which ultimately is what Buhdda tried to teach), but the more I think about it, the more I'm seeing it as replacing one trance for another. I know one trance feels better than another, but the other trance is more realistic.

I'm starting to think I'm too left-brained/analytical to be able to benefit from your method, because from my point of view, by using your method, I feel like I'm effectively just doping myself with emotional/mental analgesics. Forgive me for being a helpless case!

#10744 02/21/06 06:47 AM

quote:
feel like I'm effectively just doping myself with emotional/mental analgesics. Forgive me for being a helpless case!

Do you really want to believe that? Powerful trance when you think about it.

I answered on your other thread. Much of what I wrote there relates to your question here.

It is what it is and right now in this present moment in time I'm fine.

"I'm starting to think I'm too left-brained/analytical to be able to benefit from your method, because from my point of view, by using your method, I feel like I'm effectively just doping myself with emotional/mental analgesics"

Have you noticed how much of that sentence is future oriented? Everything about a trance is oriented to the future expectations or past experiences. Trances are things we say to ourselves that limit our potential futures. We feel justified in using out past experience (trance) to measure our future outcome.

Failing at one Maths exam becomes, can't do Maths. That was then this is now...why take that trance into the future? Right now it is within the realm of possibility to learn Maths.

Yes there is the danger of exchanging one trance for another. And right here in the now it is possible to to let go of the trance. "I can't learn to experience joy within my current reality. " (It's a trance trap.)

Where are you going to be when you do learn to experience joy? Where else can you be other than in your current reality?

You have to start right where you are there isn't any other place you can be. Yet our trances don't allow us to be in the present. We are always judging the past or the future. That my friend is the trance because we are not in the now.

Alex

#10745 03/01/06 12:52 AM

Harttree(your name is tough),

I'm very left brained myself.

But I'm also ALWAYS extremely happy.

Where happiness came for me is quite simple and I didnt' need any course or any THING.

It was realizing that being self-referential IS happiness, joy and bliss.

I don't NEED anything to BE happy.

I AM happy.

I don't NEED anyone to BE happy.

I AM happy.

My life is not without ups and downs like anyones. However, I know the downs are temporary and I shake them off and look forward to the ups. They're really no big deal in the great scheme of things.

It is when you need outside people and circumstances to be something other than they are that you have a difficulty feeling happy all the time.

The key to your happiness is YOU.

#10746 03/01/06 03:52 PM
OP Offline

I'm glad there are people like you in the world. In fact, I think a survey revealed that 70% of the population of industrialized nations report being generally "happy" and well-adjusted in their lives. The rest of the 30% of us are cursed, perhaps.

For me, I'm wondering if it's a biochemical issue, because I've tried all the psychological/ spiritual/ emotional avenues, and I keep returning to my base state of feeling blaah. Very rarely do I actually feel "happy" or "joyful" and when I do, I almost immediately notice that it's an anamoly, that it won't last very long. Sure enough, it always happens that I soon feel as down as ever. It must be a physical issue, not a psychological one.

#10747 03/02/06 05:46 AM

" almost immediately notice that it's an anamoly, that it won't last very long. "

You need to use the New Behaviour Generator. If you haven't got that give the Fourth Path Paraliminal a few more work out. Happiness is a choice based on your expectation. You're choosing to not be happy when you make comments like the above. Do the feeling exercise when you encounter that comment.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved