Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mcole Offline OP
OP Offline

Anyone here tried PhotoReading? Gotten any results?
There's a new process like PhotoReading on the web. It's called StereoReading. I still don't know how well it works yet. Anyone try it out? Did it work?
StereoReading is at:
http://www.amateur-spirit.net/thinkcentral/stereoreading/

I have had good results with PR, but I'm not sure if the actual PR step is necessary.

It seems the whole process minus the PR step would work as well. However, I don't know.

Can the brain actually process information this way? The words are blurry when I enter the PhotoFocus state... If the info enters in a blurry state, how can the brain process it? I've heard that the words should appear clear, but I haven't been able to get that effect.

how do you photo read, how long is the process? is it possible to use on anything like dictionaries and history books? how fast is it besides lightning (faster than other methods)? are the results instant?

Photoreading, from what I remember, is a 3 step process. Here's what you do in a nutshell (well, actually, you don't need to be in a nutshell. It's a figure of speech...work with me people)

1. Imagine an orange behind the nape of your neck (or any round circular object, why? I forget, but they make it a point that you do this)

2. Flip through the book really fast, 'absorbing' each page.

3. Do a second pass at the book, going slower, skimming and picking up headings and any words or phrases that grab your interest.

4. A third pass doing a yet even slower skim, but now actually reading in a fast way.

5. Optional 4th pass, actually reading the book.

Theory has it with each pass, your brain solidifies the information it grabbed from the first pass (your subconscious actually took a 'photo' of each page)

Did it work for me? I can't really say, but I am skimming through net articles a bit faster.

-Steve

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved