Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#12368 09/18/02 07:35 PM

AlexK, I agree that deeper brainwaves are not necessarily better. One could also say that slower (or faster) is not necessarily better. The best might be to have the freedom to experience anything along the spectrum, as needed or desired.

Certainly, psychic or intuitive experiences are not necessarily pleasant or even useful states of being. Being very intuitive about people's thoughts around you can be very painful.

I just thought I would mention that Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's reasonably priced "Brainwave Suite" contains 4 CD's -- Alpha, Theta, Delta, and Alpha-Theta. Various websites that sell this product say his Alpha-Theta CD is the only one ever made that is designed to entrain the Awakened Mind pattern of Cade/Wise. I think Dr. Thompson's own site says this. This is something I've been meaning to try, but I've already got so many tapes/CD's that need listening.

#12369 09/19/02 06:37 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I've owned those CDs for a few years and found them very useful. It is probably the reason why I found the Centerpointe CD so disappointing. I had the same experience with those CDs and they were considerably cheaper. In any case I can hear them better than the Centerpointe ones so for me they are more benefical.

I'd say if you're already on the Centerpointe program you don't need them.

Alex

#12370 09/19/02 09:08 PM

Cade's invention was known as the "Mind Mirror".

#12371 09/21/02 05:12 AM

I think Dr. Thompson"s tapes work great. If you'd like to experience b/w entrainment, go to www.jeffthompson.com, there are some sound samples of his cd's. Use headphones. For a good alpha experience get "Wind and Mountain" by Deuter. This is't a Thompson cd but it produces a very nice alpha experience.

#12372 09/22/02 12:15 AM

Can someone please be so kind enough to explain the difference between the products of Anna Wise and Dr. Jeff Thompson? What products do you think produce the best results?

#12373 09/22/02 02:05 AM

bhenry,
I have tapes from both. I think Anna Wise's book is terrific. I'm not a fan of her tapes. She has a very flat voice.

I only have Brain Wave Suite from Thompson. They are wonderful tapes.

According to Alex, the alpha/theta tape in that set helps to approximate the Awakened Mind that is a particular brain wave pattern described in the Wise book: The High Performance Mind.

hope this helps

Try checking out The Relaxation Company. They have very cool stuff.

#12374 09/22/02 06:03 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Anna Wise CDs have guided visualisation and I agree with Margaret. Not only is her voice flat in some points of the visualisation they leave you wondering what you are supposed to do. They are intended for group session. Also Guided visualisations get boring pretty quickly.

The Jeff Thomspons CD are sound CD to bring about certain brainwave patterns. Using them with freeflow visualisation is much more interesting. Each CD works with a particular brainwave. You can play the Alpha one or Alpha Theta while studying, reading learning, for focused concentration. The Theta one is great for visualisation and seeking inspiration for image streaming. The Delta CD helps you to drop of to sleep and is good for training maintaining alertness in meditation.

Margaret please do not attibute to me something that I have not said....
According to Alex, the alpha/theta tape in that set helps to approximate the Awakened Mind that is a particular brain wave pattern described in the Wise book: The High Performance Mind.

As Seeker2002 posted on 18 Sept
I just thought I would mention that Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's reasonably priced "Brainwave Suite" contains 4 CD's -- Alpha, Theta, Delta, and Alpha-Theta. Various websites that sell this product say his Alpha-Theta CD is the only one ever made that is designed to entrain the Awakened Mind pattern of Cade/Wise. I think Dr. Thompson's own site says this. This is something I've been meaning to try, but I've already got so many tapes/CD's that need listening.

The point is, this might be true, as seeker has said it was stated on the website. However it is not according to Alex

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 22, 2002).]

#12375 09/22/02 07:49 AM

Check out Thompson's cool site: www.neuroacoustic.com

If you have your speakers turned on and wait long enough for the download, you can hear cool music. Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to see a cool image of our planet next to an image of space. Images like that inspire me more than any religion ever could.
--
Anna Wise's suggestion to relax one's tongue to suppress Beta is one of the simplest and most useful meditation (Alpha, Theta, Delta) suggestions ever. I don't think I ever would have thought of that myself.
--
With all the wonderful people we have in self-improvement technology, I would like to see more collaboration among them. Many did come together to produce the Euphoria course, and I would like to see more teamwork like this. Another example is that Centerpointe uses its own entrainment technology, but uses Lowery's method of producing subliminals. We need more collaboration like this!

#12376 09/22/02 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:

Uhm alex care to tell us where you said that? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Can you tell us more about it please.?

#12377 09/22/02 10:48 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by krisk:
Uhm alex care to tell us where you said that? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Can you tell us more about it please.?

Kris... Margaret has incorrectly attibuted me as having said that. It was only pointed out in this forum that it was a claim made on web sites.

This claim is definately not according to Alex

bhenry... Some further information about the brainwave suite CDs. They use music, sounds of nature and 3D sound. The 3D sound effect make it quite entertaining.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 22, 2002).]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved