Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#131 05/09/02 10:34 AM
Hel Offline

Margaret, you practically took the words out of my mouth. I didn't have time to post about this yesterday, although I had been thinking about it.

The LS products are all wonderful, I am really glad that they are there. But they are all 'masculine'. Nothing wrong with that, since they are created by people who probably have a stronger masculine essence (by masculine, I don't mean necessarily male, more 'yang', if you like.)

L.Day, L. Hay, etc, feminine/yin. They talk directly to us. No translation necessary. We just understand. (Intuitively )

We all have both yin and yang in us, of course. But in most of us, one is more dominant than the other. The LS products are very good for me, to help me learn the other side of the story. I am pretty yin dominant and easily just space out. The LS products are a great help to me with developing the more masculine/yang goal/purpose oriented perspective.

quote:
I enjoy practicing at RED Lights

Yes, the red light can function wonderfully as a bell of mindfulness.

quote:
open your box and see what is there.

Opening is key. Open as wide as you can, and keep opening till there's nothing left.

#132 05/09/02 07:53 PM
OP Offline

Mgrego, thanks for not taking it personally. To be totally honest, i almost deleted that post, but i know in my heart that i was attempting to be funny but also honest. And something told me to just trust you w/ it.

Now about MO. I said it was over-priced but i did not return it because i learned some new things that i still use. ABC Lists are terrific for problem solving, note taking, quick journaling, prelude to MMing, etc. Like on my return from Germany, i had no time to journal, so i just filled out an ABC list. You know i was able to cover my entire trip w/ just that one list. Granted some of the words are more trigger words for larger events, but it satisfied me. You can use ABC lists for meetings & after meetings, for image streaming and just about anything. I truly value that info from MO and as it is turning out--it is seeming to be more worth the money as time goes by But so far, i have learned nothing new w/ GC. I have New Option Generator and Dream Play. I'm on tape 4, so we'll see. But i was image streaming prior to GC. So far, i just don't see the course to be significantly better than The Einstein Factor--- but i still have 4 tapes to go.

I also feel exactly the same as Hel on LS products. They are pretty balanced but tip somewhat towards the male-oriented audience. I have never cared too much because i value their expertise so very much. Their products have enhanced my life to no end & i'm very grateful. Plus, w/ people like Dana Hanson as mentors and coaches, we are most fortunate. I have always received insightful guidance from him.

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited May 09, 2002).]

#133 05/09/02 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
Mgrego, thanks for not taking it personally. To be totally honest, i almost deleted that post, but i know in my heart that i was attempting to be funny but also honest. And something told me to just trust you w/ it.

You know, it never even dawned on me to take it personally. As sweeping generalizations go, yours is probably pretty accurate. I have several books on intuition but wasn't looking to GC from that viewpoint. I just hadn't thought about it enough to tie the two together.

#134 05/09/02 09:09 PM
OP Offline

Mgrego,
Can you tell me a little about PowerHunch? Are you enjoying it & getting good info. I'll look into Day and Emery at the same time.
thanks<<<

#135 05/09/02 09:23 PM

quote:
Mgrego,
Can you tell me a little about PowerHunch? Are you enjoying it & getting good info. I'll look into Day and Emery at the same time.
thanks<<<

>

It's broken into two parts (with an appendix that includes breathing/relaxation exercises).

The first part is PowerHunch Principles. It includes:
- The First Secret: Tap into Your PowerHunch Source (a good chapter that talks about the many ways in which you can get intuitive messages)
- The Second Secret: Listen to Environmental Cues (an interesting chapter that suggests you may get answers from outside yourself and you must be open to them)
- The Third Secret: Make the PowerShift (this was the great one that included a discussion on amplifying and had many examples of decoding
- The Fourth Secret: Fire Up Your Creative Juices (talks about breaking through the fear barrier, making attitude adjustments, and brainstorming)
- The Fifth Secret: Learn from Your Dreams (haven't gotten this far yet)

Part Two: Living an Intuitive Life
- Vision: Seeing the Big Picture
- Danger or Opportunity?: Knowing When to Risk
- Timing: Being in the Right Place at the Right Time
- People-Smarts: Enhancing Your Relationships
- Finding Balance and Healing

Like Day's book, this strikes me as more practical and avoids a lot of the new age traps that I find annoying. "Breakthrough Intuition" is one that lost me because it was just too "new agey." Obviously, that may not be an issue for you.

Hope this helps a little.

#136 05/09/02 10:13 PM
OP Offline

Mgrego,
Thanks. I just PhR the interview that's on the web.

Yes, i agree w/ you about Breakthrough Intuition. I even sent her a sharp e-mail. And, she e-mailed me back and put me in my place in a nice way. But, after asking my intuition why this book was chosen for me, i flipped around to the affirmations in the beginning of the book. So, figure that i'm the kind of a person who'll not mind spending $$ if i can gleen just one thing of value to me. I anchor those affirmations regularly. I also really liked her thing towards the end of the book of anchoring: My intuition will alert me to any unsafe travel conditions in time to avoid them. My intuition will alert me to any threats to my personal safety in time to avoid them.

I had never thought of anchoring for my personal safety and travelling. I felt comforted and secure after anchoring them. I don't anchor them very often, but i did so when i recently went to Germany.

But i definitely know what you mean about her style

What do you mean by new age traps? I'm clueless about what that means.

#137 05/09/02 11:13 PM

I guess I meant "trappings." There is a way of expressing yourself that I associate with new age thought. I'd have to go through and find some specific examples to explain it more clearly. It is just a personal hangup. It's a style of thought/expression that just doesn't appeal to me. I don't think it is something that would bother most people.

What were the specific issues you had with the book that prompted you to share them with her? (If you care to share...)

quote:
Mgrego,
Thanks. I just PhR the interview that's on the web.

Yes, i agree w/ you about Breakthrough Intuition. I even sent her a sharp e-mail. And, she e-mailed me back and put me in my place in a nice way. But, after asking my intuition why this book was chosen for me, i flipped around to the affirmations in the beginning of the book. So, figure that i'm the kind of a person who'll not mind spending $$ if i can gleen just one thing of value to me. I anchor those affirmations regularly. I also really liked her thing towards the end of the book of anchoring: My intuition will alert me to any unsafe travel conditions in time to avoid them. My intuition will alert me to any threats to my personal safety in time to avoid them.

I had never thought of anchoring for my personal safety and travelling. I felt comforted and secure after anchoring them. I don't anchor them very often, but i did so when i recently went to Germany.

But i definitely know what you mean about her style

What do you mean by new age traps? I'm clueless about what that means.

[This message has been edited by mgrego2 (edited May 09, 2002).]

#138 05/10/02 02:01 AM
OP Offline

Mgrego,
Funny, i would use exactly the same words as you. I'll have to go back and look at it.

You know, ever since i started seriously training myself w/ intuition, i've had to eat my words quite often. I mean, i really was put off by her style of writing & i sent her an e-mail that said so. But, after i let the dust settle, and put it on my doorstep, i found some important insights for myself. I have found that my intuition is more well-rounded than my conscious mind would like it to be.

I really must be a control freak at heart

I know this: I'm going to look at that book tonight when i get home.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved