Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14132 11/04/03 06:32 AM
OP Offline

Since this is a forum focused on "Beyond Human" ideas - I was wondering what this means to the other members of this forum?

Many of the threads here focus on various development techniques - Holosync being one of the hot ones lately, but one of the questions that all of the discussions has raised for me is "What are the goals / intentions that are behind your use of these various systems?" This could range for instance from wanting to sleep better to releif from phobias to the development of paranormal senses and abilities that "beyond human" might imply. I am curious to have a discussion about why people are here seeking out these sorts of products / systems.

Since I have asked, I will start things off with my own answer - I am seeking to train myself so that I might be more effective in interpersonal relationships, more focused and effective in my work. I am seeking to expand my mind, both in terms of material knowledge as well as in abstract wisdom. To this end I would like to read and comprehend more books with greater speed. I would like to free myself from behaviors that hinder these goals. I am seeking enlightenment for myself so that I may be more effective in helping others towards freedom and greater service.

This question of what our intention is in our experimentations with these products and systems is key to our having a perspective on such discussions as "Does such-and-such system work?" We would have to have some idea of what it would mean for the system to work. Do we have a level-field in terms of why people are using the system and what they want / expect from it?

#14133 11/03/03 08:38 PM

I am seeking to train myself so that I might be more effective in interpersonal relationships, more focused and effective in my work. I am seeking to expand my mind, both in terms of material knowledge as well as in abstract wisdom. To this end I would like to read and comprehend more books with greater speed. I would like to free myself from behaviors that hinder these goals. I am seeking enlightenment for myself so that I may be more effective in helping others towards freedom and greater service.

your words echo the feelings of my heart.

#14134 11/03/03 11:30 PM
OP Offline

ctaylor,

What methods have you used towards accomplishing these goals - meditation, helpful seminars or books, programs, etc.?

#14135 11/04/03 07:50 AM

I'm not one to say I've uncovered complete enlightenment. There's still some occilations and faith issues I need to resolve in my life, however the journey I set on 6 months ago has changed me forever. I've been a christian for years but I always felt that in the USA we have watered down the original word of God. God is universal and I believe Christ was God reaching down to man to reveal his presence in a human form to all mankind.
But I also could not deny that my belief systems were screwed up, I was depressed, there were blocks in my body that were hindering me from my spirit and my true self. Church really just kind told pretty stories and then when everybody leaves they go back to acting stupid again. It's like my walls were breaking down. I'm still a christian but I saw the need to uncover my "gifts" and stop playing this religious game. I started the Sedona Method and I tell you that it is a great foundation to work from. I'm going to start Natural Brilliance soon. I have kind of like all these interests that sum up to the same goal you have. I want to help my fellow man better himself. My interests are Energy Psychology(EFT, BSFF), The Power of Now(you must read this book, it reveals some of the deepest roots of all mankinds suffering, has changed me for the better.), sedona method, and I plan to start using a Lucid Dreaming device along with using LD techniques to practice sports and crazy stunts while I sleep, Buddhism(Thich Naht Hahn, and ZEN studies), Awareness in everything(this is the ultimate meditation), and I plan to start using Vantage Quest, Awadened minds, and Biocharge CD's. These CD's are more advanced than binural beats and have versitile uses in meditation, plus some martial arts.
Lastly but most important of all friend I must say the bible. I know it's a symbol of hypocrisy, bigotry, and box thinking here in this country but if you are willing to see past organized religion and realize that the 10 commandments really are a harmonious way to live in the universe, and the love and message of Christ is so simple and beautiful, plus all the wonderful miracles that happen all over the world that surpass what any of "man's own" healing modalities could ever achieve. I'm am a follower of Christ not necessarily a "christian", thats just a label, for me it's much deeper. I don't however seen anything wrong with developing my mind, body, and my ability to filter my human perceptions that blind me to my spirit at times. I do these things to reach my true self, but ultimately I allow my Creator to guide my paths and keep me grounded so that I can use my abilities to reach people, help them, and help them find the peace within them self and know that God loves them.

#14136 11/04/03 09:40 AM

Answers/understanding to all my questions about the universe. Is that to mfch to hope for?

#14137 11/04/03 02:59 PM
OP Offline

Thanks ShaneXedge and Arcane for your replies.

Arcane, I don't think it is too much to ask that one might gain some understanding of the universe in which we dwell. There is a saying that is related to finding knowledge and wisdom that goes - "As above, so below." This idea is also hidden in the idea that we are made in the image of God. That is why Socrates proclaimed to the seeker - "Know Thy Self". In coming to truly know our Selves many universal truths will become apparent to us.

If you haven't looked at the most recent dis cussion titled "holosync" you may be interested in some of my entries there going into some more detail on what I have found to be the most effective system for training towards Self-knowledge:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000590.html

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited November 04, 2003).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved