Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14190 11/20/03 12:48 PM
OP Offline

I received an email from LSC that offers an online program called "Clear Mind, Bright Future" that supposedly focus on goal setting. I looked at the site (LSC) and saw nothing of the sort as something open to the general public. It seems that enrollment is only via invitation, so I wonder if it will continue being available for the next years. I'm currently following a LSC program and I don't have the time to follow another program and interrupting my current one isn't an option. Could I enroll sometime during the next months? The next year? Does my computer need sound capabilities? What media the course is made on? Text only? Graphics? Movies? Sound?

Since we are having such a chat on the other thread, I thought I'd pipe up eventhough I have little to offer. I have access to the Clear "Mind, Bright Future" goal setting course. It is an on-line course and is suppose to take about 2.5 hours to go through it. I say supposed to because I haven't been able to block out a big enough chunk of time to actually do it.

I very much what to do it, I even have an area I what to work on. It's just there are only so many hours in the day. So I have to pick and choose what I'll work on. I'm always trying to find the right balance.

There should be a few people around from the retreat who should have given it a try. So you should get some input. In time I will get around to using it, and get back to you.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Okay, I started the system last night. I set aside 2 hours. I spent 2.5 hours and only made it to step 4 of 7. So if things are linear it will take ME another 2 hours.

I think if it was presented in a seminar type environment, it could easily be done in 2.5 hours.

I find that it is very similar to a lot of the material that was used at the retreat. I am coming up with the same kind of results as I did at the retreat. I don't know if I'm getting the same kind of results because of my previous experience and goal identification or if it would naturally happen.

I went in with a specific area I wanted to work on a goal, and yet I ended up with bigger picture goals. Maybe I need to address these first before I can directly apply this system to what I see as trouble areas. It may also be that my other troubles will be solve by following this other course. I suspect that is very possible.

A few years ago, I followed Anthony Robbins goal setting exercise from his Unlimited Power audio course. I found it very good. I struggled for over a week with some things I identified with that system. Then while review the tapes I clicked into a phrase like -if your goals/desires are not aligned with your values then you will fight yourself and stop you from reaching the goal- . After that I was able to modify the goals I had develop some very good goals. In fact, following one of those goals is how I found LSC.

Getting back to the course. I think many people will be surprised by what they get out of this goals setting system. Mainly because many will have some preconcieved ideas of what their goals are.

The goal setting system uses some of LSC key methodologies, and people should just relax and go with the process. This is the kind of thing where people can experience fear of failure. All I can say is there is no failure, just do it. Everything you create is relevant and useful... even if only as a stepping stone to the more important information.

I do have some negative comments about the actual implementation, but not with the content. I won't share them here, until I've provided them to LSC. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice system, it just some of the detail could be better in my opinion. Just like some sports cars have similar power and cornering ability, some of these do it with more civility. This is what I'd like to see as changes in the course, and little smoother ride.

To end I'd like to say, than since I am getting the same kind of LIFE-EYE-OPENING information as I got from the retreat, I would recommend this exercise to everyone.

Gee, I'm starting to sound like an LSC cheer-leader.

You are perfection.
Iam2

OP Offline

Is it text only? Text and graphics? Does it have sound? Images in motion? I have a computer without sound capabilities. This is the reason why I insist on this. I don't want to spend my money on something that just will not deliver it's full to me.

Thanks for the description of the system. If it is truly that short, then I could take it.

quote:
Gee, I'm starting to sound like an LSC cheer-leader.

That was funny.

Yes, it has both. It is a Flash product. An animated slide type presentation for the most part.

The audio sessions are relatively short, but they are important. I WOULD NOT suggest doing the course without having Paul Scheele's audio preparations for several of the stages.

15 minutes of my time was getting some prep material. Printing out some work sheets. Note : LSC most people don't have a full duplex printer at home so the printing instructions for the last two pages are not going to be used. For those reading this, I don't think that this will make a difference in the ability to do the course.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved