Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#14820 04/23/04 04:11 PM
king411 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi guys...i am a new poster to this board and i've just read the thread entiltled "Holosync or Sedona Method?"
since a lot of you are aware of both programs i figured you are the people to talk to.....firstly, i have used both the Holosync and Sedona Method programs....after reading many of your posts on Holosync, i would say that i agree with most of you that Holosync is vastly overrated....infact, i suspect there's something 'fishy' about that course but i don't know what...i have used the Awakening Prologue since April 4th, 2003 and i have also undergone the 1st of Bill Harris's latest teleconference seminars...i am curently on the second teleconference seminar, and what have i received foe all this? NOTHING...ZERO! infact, my results haven't been neutral in the least; they've been rather neagtive...i have experienced emotional upheaval/pain as well as physical upheaval on pretty much an everyday basis...my system has not come any closer to getting used to the Holosync stimulus throughout this time (and it's been over a year)...there were times when i felt like commiting suicide due to the acute emotional pain i'd experience from using Holosync, and mentally, i've felt in the past year like i'm dumber as well as physically more lethargic...basically, my life before Holosync was much better than it is now, and even then it wasn't good...now that i've decided to stop because i'm getting worse because of Holosync, i've decided to follow the example of some of you and stop Holosync, but now i'm stuck and confused...i mainly used Holosync because i am suffering from a lot of 'internal resistance' - Bill Harris promised me that Holosync would resolve this, but i am now realizing this is BS!! you see, consciously, i have been very desperate for change for the past 4 years, but internally i have always struggled with ('resisted') personal growth, and i've noticed that my inner force is more powerful than my conscious desire to grow and change because the Sedona Method, Releasetechnique, Natural Brilliance, Invisible Path to success (basically every course Bill Harris endorses) as well as several paraliminals, and nothing works for me ..this is so depressing because all these courses seem to work for everybody else, especially the Sedona Method - now, i know that the problem is internal, but i don't know what to do - so can anybody please enlighten me as to what to do?
Thank you!

Learning Strategies Admin

What are your goals?

Where would you like to head specifically in your life? Do, Be, Achieve?

Alex.

king411 Offline OP
OP Offline

i don't have many specific goals per se...my overall goal is just to gain emotional well-being, improved relationships, enhanced seflf esteem, confidence, etc, as well to get over my emotional pain and fears once and for all....I'm just generally stuck in my life and rather unhappy, and i wanna revert this around - PEACE OF MIND is the goal, but i just can't seem to quieten my mind.

Maybe if you stopped pursuing peace of mind you might actually feel better?

You know that what you have been doing hasn't been working for you. So simply stop.

Easier said than done in some cases. I know that in my case, my way of trying to get a handle on things or control things often makes me feel like crap. It works very well for some technical problems in some contexts, but when applied to the activity of my mind and emotions, it just won't work.

Reality just wont play by my rules, it seems. So, what do you do? For me, for now, I simply decide to let go and focus on what I enjoy.

I think Alex has a point in asking about what you want specifically. Your mental map for experiencing, having, continuing to have, and failing to beat this problem is very detailed. It looks like you could easily write reams and reams about it if you wanted, right?

So, it'd probably be beneficial to start playing around with the ideas of experiencing and having what you want. If you had a perfect day, what would that be like? If you experienced some of these emotional problems and it really wasn't a problem for you, what would that be like? If you lived with peace of mind, what would that be like?

Maybe the mind is like an animal, you coop it up and do all kinds of stuff to it to try and make it work by your rules, and it isn't very peaceful. It gets all riled up, frustrated, and angry. Maybe you should just give your mind room to do what it likes?

Your ideas about how to have, experience, and maintain peace of mind may have nothing to do with what actually gives your mind peace. You are not your mind, you do not consciously know everything about your mind.

Study your mind, find out what makes it feel peaceful, and let it have that.

Stalk feelings of peace throughout your day. Don't try and create them, just discover them and study the tracks that led your mind to that place. That is, make a more and more detailed map of peace of mind ... how it occurs naturally for you.

One way to have more feeling of peace is to notice what does give you feeling of peace. Listening to certain music, watching a sunrise or sunset, riding a bike with kids, going fishing?

My guess is those things are the things most often neglected in the business of our lives, slot some time in for it. Since you got an hour where you used to listen to Holosync why not paint, read a book, go for a walk. So something that just is for doing because you enjoy it. Who says you have to keep fixing yourself every moment of the day?

I was probably in a similar place and I finally got fed up... nothing worked anyway so I just gave up. Stopped trying to find answers, didn't bother with self pitty just quit giving a damned about what others thought was wrong with me, what I thought was wrong with me and accepted that some things may never be fixed. To my good fortune right after I gave up so did my TV. So for 3 months I had nothing but my company and I couldn't be bothered reading books. In other words for me it started with just accepting things the way they are. I won't say that was easy but then the existence I was living before wasn't easy either.

Alex

king411

From what you are writing I get the impression that you are in a kind of deep hole or to say it differently you seem to be
stuck in an upset. That may have happened many years ago or just a few years ago.

Anyway, in such a situation goal setting is
not on the agenda. Survival is!!
Also Holosync will certainly help if you stay long enough on the program and go through the deeper levels it may take a few
years before you can see an improvement.

That's far to long if one is stuck in a bad situation.

There are other much faster ways to get out of such a rut. Once you have resolved that
problem you can do Sedona or H/S much easier.

I know I have been in such a rut about eight
years ago before I discovered H/S. So the H/S is not a big problem for me but I too
have my overwhelms but can handle them easily.

Man, I hear you! I'm currently on AL2 of Holosync, and am recently experiencing much overwhelm. It seems seperate from my conscious mind somehow, but it is still intense. Does anyone have any advice on how they've dealt with their overwhelm? Consciously I know everything is wonderful, but my body still is reacting adversely.

What were some of the longest periods you experienced overwhelm, and did any insights cause you to better deal with/disperse it?

Cheers,
*Mani.

The overwhelm just gets easier to handle the further you go in levels...at least that has been my experience.

The best overwhelm releaser that I have found is The Release Technique (for me it works better then the Sedona Method).

weight39doug,

It's been a long time since I've seen a post from you. Where have you been? Anyway, how did you go about learning the release technique?, and what is your take it?

3D.

What is the release technique again?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved