Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frodo02:

The only thing I find strange in your thread is that you are emphasising that you are skipping levels in the hs program.

That is certainly not in line with CRI's recommendations and so far most participants who did this did not receive the full benefits of the program.

****I have gone through the levels a little quicker than recommended, but didn't change to a next level until I was just not getting anything out of the preceding one. I did have a bit of a mix up in Awakening Level 3, where I used CD2 and it just did not do anything for me at all --- I tried it for a week, and it felt exactly like the CD1 from that set --- so I put in the next one, to see if I could feel the 'impact', and could so continued on with that one, thinking I had only skipped one CD --- when in actuality, I had inadvertently placed CD4 in the player, and therefore had totally skipped the 3rd CD.
I didn't realize it until about 6 weeks into it, so decided that there would be no point in going back! So I in effect skipped 3 months worth of entrainment.

I don't want to do the program faster, but I do want to change when there is not obvious impact occurring. Maybe my brain adjusts quickly? I may not last a full year on this new Purification level, however, based on my track record, about 10 months will probably be the time frame. Will change when it has done its job.

I think the guidelines are just that --- they are not set in stone --- they have to take into account all the different users.
Remember, Bill Harris recounts how he used a low frequency before he was ready, and had a severe reaction --- i believe this was Purification level 1 -- I must have read this somewhere --- and he has survived his experimentation.

I am not too concerned. I feel I am benefiting greatly from it. I will continue to change when I feel it is not offering me any more challenge.

I will look for the post you were referring to.

Best

Indi

I have gone through the levels a little quicker than recommended, but didn't change to a next level until I was just not getting anything out of the preceding one

Hi Indy,

How do specify when you get something out of a level? What do you consider as overwhelm symptoms?

I consider feeling tired after meditation or
falling unconcsious during meditation as an overwhelm symptom.

Anyway thanks for your information.

Cheers,

Frodo02 wrote:

How do specify when you get something out of a level? What do you consider as overwhelm symptoms?
I consider feeling tired after meditation or
falling unconcsious during meditation as an overwhelm symptom.
-----------

***I have quite a few 'symptoms' that I feel are related to the impact of the level:

the first thing that happens when I start a new level, is that I have a physical reaction -- a kind of pulling sensation. There was one spectacular one of these where my body almost lifted off the couch I was semi reclined on -- only from my waist down but a significant event. Since then, nothing has been quite as dramatic, but still feel pulling sensations and lots of pops and cracks in the first week or so of each level.
I also feel quite alot of pressure in my head.
Initially, I drift off to sleep just after it kicks into delta -- however that is not always, and as the weeks go by, this stops happening unless am lying in bed and it is go to sleep time.

I don't see these as 'overwhelm' --- that is something that comes for me starting about 1 week after beginning a new CD. I get quite irritated, and find myself being more emotional than usual --- and some issue that is needing dealing with comes bubbling up and to a head and gives me a great opportunity to deal with it.

This is not a pleasant time, but once I realize that it is the program that is pushing stuff up, I go with it, and use the trainging from various sources and aim to let it peak and hopefully be gone forever.

This level I began though, did it after the first sitting --- and I have only just come down from being quite spaced out for about a week. VEry obviously the program.

When the above symptoms no longer happen, I take this as a sign that I am ready for the next level.

Anyway, that is what happens for me. I realize that it is different for everyone

Overwhelm is definitely something I welcome and appreciate the info that Bill has offered in how to deal with this.
The principles of Conscious living are wonderful tools to move to another vantage point and his internet course is additional useful training.

Being a psychologist, and having used many many 'methods' for therapy for eons, I find that the programs offered by Centrepointe to be not just theory but practical as well, and this has been something that I use with my clients as well as for myself.

I have no complaints.

I have had some incredibly interesting experiences with the 'floating' sound track.
The first time I used it, I felt I had been awake all night --- but as it turns out, I am one of those people who is aware that I am asleep, and when i use this track, it is almost unbearably boring --- no dreams, just 'nothingness'.

Consequently, I don't use this track very often, as i really enjoy a rich dream world and prefer it to the 'nothingness' - which even though I describe as boring, had another quality that I can't quite describe that was rather pleasing as well.

What has been your experience with 'floating'?

Best

Indi

Indi,

Very interesting. By this I mean your experience with the floating cd.

I am now six years on the program and never have used the floating cd. I might
give it try.

So far, I have hardly heard about people using the float. Like myself most
people prefer to sleep during night rather then having the googles in the ears.

Cheers,

Hi to everybody who reads this.First of all..I just registered to this site so i could reply to this forum. I found this forum while doing some research on holosync, I just started using the program and i wanted to find out a little more about it, and I happend upon here where I found many of yall's comments and complaints. If I could I wish I could help each and everyone of you who seem to be having problems with there lives, but I can't. I have been feeling like I was in a rut for years now..and I was really getting tired of it..feeling depressed everday cause I couldn't get over certain things..so I began searching again...for something different...a way to be happy again..the way I used to be when I was a child..I'm not here to say what I think is right or wrong...but I would like to say my opinion on holosync...while I think it's an excellent listening tool for meditation, I wouldn't rely on it to solve or eliminate any issues on it's own. I do believe that listening to the audio's will definetly aid you in entering into different states of concsciousness, but it seems as though many people are using this program as a crutch for their suppossed problems. The way that I ended up digging myself into that rut I was talking about was by trying to figure out who I was..I began searching for the spiritual side, but only lead myself to a seemingly unescapable place of misery..this may not be the case for all of you, but almost everyone that I know that has gone down the path of searching for the truth has ended up at the point at which most of you describe at one point or another. Recently I have discovered a book called "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle . I have always been skeptical of the books that supposedly contained the knowledge that I was looking for, but this one seemed different. This one doesn't claim to hold the truth and promise you things such as the Holosync program does. It goes way beyond any other book I have ever read. It simply explains how to live in the NOW, which is where we should be. Not seeing things through the eyes of the past..or wondering far into the mind projected future only to build up hopes that can be destroyed, or worring about the outcome. Simply be here in this moment. I can't read you the whole book on here, unfortunately. but for those of you who seem to be struggling with psychological issues or even for those of you who just wish to get back intouch with your true self. I highly suggest this book. It's also available on audio cd and is read by the author Eckhart Tolle..I just began reading this about 3 days ago and I already feel so much better about life. I hope that all of you can feel the same and that this message will help out at least one person. I send my blessings for those of you in search of what we all need. If any of you have any questions or want to talk about something you can email me at binary222@hotmail.com / I will check back in to this forum in the near Now.

Skindeep,

It's good that you found something that has helped you over your current problems. I was in a similar situation of despair about ten years ago when I found the books of Vernon Howard very helpful.
They gave me a lot of strength during those times and as a result of it I climbed out of my whole so to speak.

However, in regard to Eckerhard Tolle I have a differen opinion. I know that he is quiet a new-age guru. I read his book "The power of now" about two years ago. Also I basically agree with his writing it did not contain anything new to me.

I had a strange feeling while read his book. Later I discovered that his book is actually an un-authorized copy of Meister Eckerhard, a German mystic who lived I believe 500 years ago.

Tolle not only pinched his book but also his name. His original name is Ullrich Tolle.

Cheers,

[This message has been edited by Frodo02 (edited September 06, 2005).]

lad Offline

Interesting thread, this is :-)

I too, notice tensing, pulling and low-back spasms when adjusting to new Holo levels. AL3, disk 2 has plunged me into a bit of existential despair lately, so I briefly resorted to the Insight disk to smooth things out, which it did. I sort'a bounce between the two regardless.

I understand enough about overwhelm and dealing with it. I also appreciate all the upfront literature Centerpointe provides for this. But sometimes, there isn't enough drive, energy or motivation inside me to even get a foothold to deal with it all.

I never could get into the "Floating" track - maybe I'm already "asleep" during it too, but don't realize it. I just feel annoyed sometimes afterward. I had "sleep witnessing" a number of times when doing TM years ago. It can REALLY be distressing when you are trying with-all-your-might to simply open an eye or move a muscle to "wake up!"

"The Power of Now" was really a help to me too. I'd listen to it on CDs I got from the local library and it is a powerful and transforming experience. I think that, (and some readings in basic Buddhist psychology, Hahn, zen, Lama, etc.) has been as beneficial to me as any other seminar Bill or others offer.

Regarding Centerpointe "overpromising" - it is the one thing I've tried that seems to deliver everything it says it does. The intro literature seemed reasonable and well thought out before I started, and many of the details and aspects fell into place with subsequent practice. There may be cheaper and more effective things out there, but Centerpointe's aggressive "marketing" (like TM's at one time) introduces a much wider audience to this experience.

I've had interesting results with Brainwave Generator too. But, I'd be concerned about what can happen to independant cybernauts using this stuff and all the overwhelm and stuff it can unleash. The Centerpointe package is really relevant and useful regarding this stuff.

[This message has been edited by lad (edited September 08, 2005).]

Froto02,

I am curious as to how you realized that The Power of Now is an unauthorized copy of this other guys book? I did some research myself and I found little on Eckhard, but I did find that Tolle did change his name a few years back to Eckhard and he even admitted where it came from. I wouldn't be suprised if he learned a lot from that guy and may say a lot of the same things, but I find it hard to believe that he almost took the whole book. There's too many things in this book that show it's from his personal experience. There's many books out there that talk about the exact same thing, I think everyone just has a different way of saying it. Either way...I don't really care and I'm not defending him, but I would like to know more about this other book.

Skindeep,

It looks to me that “The power of now” spoke to you and really touched you.
The books conveyed some good and valid ideas regardless of whether these ideas originate from Tolle or Meister Eckerhard.

I did not say that Tolle copied the Meister Eckerhard’s book word by word but it was certainly the blue print so to speak. In “The power of now” Tolle hinted that
he became enlightened. That attracted a lot of people and created a kind of cult.

I don’t think that he is enlightened because he uses too much “sugar coating” which
is an ego-driven activity. Also the name change from Ullrich to Eckerhard and other
things indicate this.

You should not make the mistake by tying those valid information you have received
from “The power of now” to the person Tolle. Otherwise, if Tolle does something
which you don’t approve you would drop everything connect to Tolle. That means you could no longer use those valid information too.

Cheers,

quote:
Originally posted by Fear Not!:
Thanks Garic. I am well aware of the lower carrier frequency claim, I don't know if Nick is talking about this or other differences that I am not aware of.

If lower carrier frequencies made Holosync more efficient, all one has to do is to encode his own cds with such frequencies using brainwave generator software. Of all the companies in brainwave entrainment business, Holosync seems to be the only one make the claim that lower carrier frequencies are superior, for heaven's sake let's assume that claim is true, why can't people just make their own cds using these lower carrier frequencies, without paying the high price to Holosync? Why there are those still insist after listening to products from all major producers of brainwave entrainment products and from BWGEN encoded cds, that Holosync is more special? and why NONE of the Holysync clients who completed the advanced level of listening come out testify that they indeed have achieved the promised results? The only one person who did come out, (SuzyQ?), was not all that positive about Holosync to say the least.

It also bothers me that all of you regular credible contributors seem to all defending Holosync, some with initial negative view but very quickly (in two weeks of listening according to the psot) changed their mind, Alex, who is normally neutral and objective, come to Bill's defense as well, this all coincides with the new lease of LSC CD'S that use the Holosync encoding, I wonder if there is pressure from the top to promote the Holosync now, just a thought, a reasonable thought.

Peace and love to all.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved